Not Engaged Yet

Oh my goddd

So It's 5AM, and I've legitimately been up all night (save for the hour I was in an out of consciousness between 11PM and 12AM). I have a crazy ass cold/sinus infection and I can't sleep. It's awful. I was supposed to take my niece trick or treating but I feel like crap and I don't want to get her sick.

Someone please put me out of my misery.

Re: Oh my goddd

• edited December 2011
    You poor thing - that's not fun at all.  Try a nice warm wet washcloth across your eyes/forehead to help break up the gunk.  Also try those listerine strips, they always work pretty good for me - they open me up long enough to be able to blow my nose and get back to sleep.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me and my hubby came back from our honeymoon sick..ugh. We went to the doctor and apparently this stuff is going around to everyone..it's terrible :( I hope you feel better and I am right there with you.
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no! Feel better! As for your niece, hopefully someone else can take her because even if you are feeling somewhat better, you'll be exhausted. I hope you get some sleep!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, guys. I managed to finally fall asleep around 6AM.

Tafft - AH! You're back! AW some honeymoon pics, stat!
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My recommendation is that try to sleep without taking medicine first. Personally I can not get a wink of sleep if I take cold medicine first. Yes, nyquil or other PM medicine keeps me up all night long. Good to hear you were able to take some sort of sleep. Oh and something my grandma would always make me do if I saw here when I was sick was to boil a pot of water, put the pot on a table and sit with your head over the pot with a towel over your head. All the steam going into your sinuses tends to help.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried a nepi pot or some type of saline solution?  That should help break up congestion. 

As for your neice, you gave into the guilt trip from your sister and changed your plans? I missed that.

ETA: Nevermind, that was Motolyn.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I hate trying to sleep when I'm sick. I always get horrible fever nightmares. Hope you feel better soon!
    I'm not good at feelings.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards