Not Engaged Yet
Options

Interview question... and knottie vibes plz?

Hi ladies. I know I don't post regularly, mostly because my life has been insane for the last year, but I lurk a lot and you guys give great advice. So here's some quick background before I ask my question... I'm from Alabama and live in Italy, and I'm home for the next couple months visiting family. I need a job while I'm home and I have an interview in about 3 hours. It's at a clothing store about 5 minutes from my house so it would be perfect. I just don't know if I should tell them about the limited amount of time I'm home. So I guess my question would be, if you were only going to do a job for 2 months would you be up front about it and risk not getting the job? Or just not mention that bit of information and then give a 2 weeks notice when it's time to head back to Italy?

My BF thinks I shouldn't tell them it's just for 2 months. My mom seems to agree. I just hate being dishonest... but I REALLY need a job.

Also, can I get some vibes for the interview?

Re: Interview question... and knottie vibes plz?

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I probably wouldn't tell them.
  • Options
    Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interview-question-knottie-vibes-plz?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b19e2cf-38b9-40b8-af5e-e6b8f298ba90Post:696447ae-8ca3-4785-8377-958e68f4991a">Re: Interview question... and knottie vibes plz?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I probably wouldn't tell them.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Ditto

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP's... Most companies wont hire someone knowing they won't be there for more than 2 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_interview-question-knottie-vibes-plz?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b19e2cf-38b9-40b8-af5e-e6b8f298ba90Post:107cad08-3561-427f-81cb-800638de452f">Re: Interview question... and knottie vibes plz?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the PP's... Most companies wont hire someone knowing they won't be there for more than 2 months.
    Posted by CCO2012[/QUOTE]

<div>True story.  Just work for your month and a half, drop your two weeks and peace out.</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If it's a seasonal position, they probably won't care if you're only there for 2 months.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know, it costs a LOT of money to train new employees for you to just up and leave again in two months. How about a temp agency? That way everyone knows it's temporary rather than you possibly taking a job for someone who would be sticking around.  I know you need money too, but I think it'd be better to go with something you know would be temporary.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice everybody. I'm not sure whether they're looking for seasonal help or not... it's possible though. I guess I'll find out when I go in. I really don't think it'll take that long for them to train me, I've worked in clothing retail before and I basically will just have to learn company policy and how to operate their cash register.

I looked for temp agencies in my town but it looks like they're only interested in drivers (not an option, I'm a TERRIBLE driver) or heating/cooling people. Weird, huh? But I may dig a little deeper into that if this interview doesn't work out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a lot of clothing stores that hire for temp, seasonal. They won't hire you if you are there for two months (unless it's for seasonal) normally, but if you don't want to be dishonest, maybe you should look for seasonal hires. Since it's winter break, there should be some wanting people..be prepared to work Christmas Eve (if they open then) and NYE/NY.

If you have past experience, you should be ahead than most that are applying.

Either way, good luck! :):)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards