Not Engaged Yet
Options

WSG Wednesday - Who's got an update? Goals for the week?

I know I make WSG posts all the time.  I hope it's not too much.  New WSG threads honestly help me stay focused and motivated, but I don't want to spam you guys.

Anyway -- anybody got an update to share?  New successes, goals met, etc.?

I have a big one (well, for me at least).  I've been discouraged lately because the scale just hasn't budged.  But I've been feeling thinner, so yesterday I dug my "thin jeans" out of my closet.  They're my old favorite pair, but I haven't worn them in about 3 years.  I actually bought them in a size up when I started gaining weight, and the smaller pair just hung in my closet... neglected.   But no more.  As of yesterday, they're my go-to pair again.  It feels good to know that even though I haven't lost anything lately, I'm still toning up and shrinking.

Re: WSG Wednesday - Who's got an update? Goals for the week?

• Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I never got in on the whole WSG thing, but I am down three pounds! Booyeah!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome Elle!

I hate dieting and I'm super frustrated. I feel like I have to cut my calories WAY down to lose any weight. I know it isn't good but it's extremely discouraging that when I stay at 1200 I don't lose weight, sometimes I even gain weight! So my sad confession is that I've been cutting my calories to even less than that. I know it's not good but I just want the weight to be gone.

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Beth - have you been to a doctor?  If you're sticking to 1200 and still gaining, you may have another factor in play that you don't know about.

Chris - 3 pounds!  Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wsg-wednesday-whos-got-update-goals-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2d434b4c-c4aa-45b1-b6c1-08ba7f8a3bc0Post:79eef3fb-241d-40f5-a6c6-caffcaa5f6f2">Re: WSG Wednesday - Who's got an update? Goals for the week?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beth - have you been to a doctor?  If you're sticking to 1200 and still gaining, you may have another factor in play that you don't know about.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I went to one and got a bunch of blood tests done, they said everything came back normal. I'm considering going back since that was about two years ago.

• Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing great along with my husband! Today is our first week since using Sparkpeople.com to track calories and food and doing a fitness routine. I have lost
    5 lbs and my husband has lost 7 lbs this week :) I know I must have also lost several inches because I dug out my capri pants I wore for our 1 year anniversary shoot and they were tight then - yesterday when I went walking i out them on with almost zero resistance around my waist..I was amazed. I also fit into my favoirte scooter skirt that just 3 weeks ago I couldn't even get over my stomach to button , while slightly tight , it now fits!

We both feel better in general and have energy again and our clothes are starting to fit differently , so we don't rely on the scale to measure our success , justa  guideline :) My goal for this week is to stay on track and incorporate one new excercise routine into my schedule at least 3 times this week. I'm excited !

ETA : Elle and Cde that's great!
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is so awesome Taft!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WSG?  What is that?  I clearly am not in on that since I don't even know what it means, but I'm thinking it's something to do with weight loss maybe?  I have been trying to eat better and get more exercise in again, as I've been slacking off lately with having so many sinus headaches and migraines and feeling blah because of it.

B (my son, DS doesn't flow naturally for me) and I walked to the store and back last night (it's probably 3ish blocks round trip) then I made dinner (broiled talapia, steamed veggies and brown rice for me...chicken nuggets, steamed brocolli and brown rice for B)

For lunch today I had a salad, and a half of a turkey hoagie. 

I promised the little guy he could pick dinner tonight so it will probably be pizza, but thats okay because it's my favorite!  I've been really good with the Halloween candy too....I've only had 1 fun size snicker and 2 tootsie rolls! 

Congrats to everyone who is making positive lifestyle changes and feeling better about yourselves! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    meamollymeamolly member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went off plan a bit last week due to visiting a friend. I didn't get all my fruits and veggies, felt horrible after eating all the junk food. Now I am one week back on plan and am happy I did not put on any weight, I stayed the same luckily.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Confession: I am up 6 lbs from when I bought my wedding gown. :(

I feel fat. I'm sad because tonight is my first dress fitting. I am scared to pieces it won't zip.

As of Sunday night we started the Paleo diet again, because that is what worked for me earlier this year. I made some new rules, all of which apply starting today:
    - if I'm not hungry, I'm not eating
    - no big meals after 7pm
    - no starbucks on a regular basis, only allowed on special coffee dates with friends
    - no eating out lunch more than once a week
    - no eating out dinner more than once a week
    - exercise every day... even if it's just a 15 minute walk <-- biggie
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wsg-wednesday-whos-got-update-goals-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2d434b4c-c4aa-45b1-b6c1-08ba7f8a3bc0Post:ac3ef04f-a81b-4b1a-aa3b-58814f5ef7bf">Re: WSG Wednesday - Who's got an update? Goals for the week?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I am up 6 lbs from when I bought my wedding gown. :( I feel fat. I'm sad because tonight is my first dress fitting. I am scared to pieces it won't zip. As of Sunday night we started the Paleo diet again, because that is what worked for me earlier this year. I made some new rules, all of which apply starting today: - if I'm not hungry, I'm not eating - no big meals after 7pm - no starbucks on a regular basis, only allowed on special coffee dates with friends - no eating out lunch more than once a week - no eating out dinner more than once a week - <strong>exercise every day... eveThe bolded part if it's just a 15 minute walk <-- biggie</strong>
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

The bolded part is so true ! I try to take a 20 minute walk around the park 5-7 times a week on top of my daily stregth training and cardio videos , but days I can't make it out before work I do some extra cardio workout videos on youtube - which often help when it is too late to go outside and when i can't sleep helps me rest. Don't feel fat - you have the right ideas already just resiting temptation is so hard i know! You can do it and you have support here too :)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found this blog awhile back.... love it...

one-twenty-five.tumblr.com
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I worked in a nice long walk with my GFs on our reunion weekend, and some yoga/abs to finish it up. Then I got up yesterday a.m. for a run. I plan on getting up tomorrow and running before work, then running after work Friday, and at least once this weekend. I'm officially training for a half-marathon in January, so that should keep me on track.

The amazing news is that even with all this vacation/travel eating, my scale FINALLY went down today! Granted, it was only 1 lb, but it's been stuck at 135 for so long I literally was starting to think something was wrong with my scale. :) I have my first dress fitting in mid-December, so I'd like to maintain or maybe lose 3-4 lbs by then.

Yay for goals and successes (and guys at the gym telling you you're HAWT!).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    doubleSS07doubleSS07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Excellent job everyone!!  I've gained a couple from the last 2 months of friends visiting and lots of wine tasting! I've decided to cut the alcohol..it's always my scale busting nemesis.  I added a goal on my Nike+ to run 16 runs in 1 month and I've vowed to double up and do body pump (weight lifting class) and cycle back to back just in case I miss a day at the gym...which I normally do.  Keep up the good work girls.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards