Not Engaged Yet

WSG: Goals? Check in?

How are we all doing?  We haven't done this in a while, so I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to check in and see where we all are :)

Has anyone reached any goals?

What are your new goals?

How are we doing with awesome recipes?  Anything I need to try, like NOW?

(This is a P&R - I have to go to work.  Poop.)
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: WSG: Goals? Check in?

• edited December 2011
    Good idea!! 

The most recent goal I reached was running my first 10k on the 17th.  I'm not training for my next one which brings me to . . .

What are your new goals?
    My goal for this next 10k (November 13th) is to finish it 5 minutes faster and with no walk breaks (except for walking through water stations which is totally acceptable!).  Also, I'm working REAL hard to shed this last 10 pounds that seems VERY attached to me. 

I don't have anything healthy to post for recipes.  All the ones I seem to be collecting involve bacon.  But if anyone has anything tasty & healthy, lemme know.  I've got 4 nights of meals to make starting tonight when I get home to BF.  Right now I'm just planning fajitas for tonight and maybe a pork loin in the slow cooker tomorrow but I need a couple more. 
  • edited December 2011
    This couldn't have come at a better time for me Peek! I'm daydreaming of Jimmy Johns...but thanks to your post I guess i'll eat the healthy lunch I brought today. Thanks for keeping me on track!

As of Wednesday, I've lost 7.6 lbs in 3 weeks. I'm down a pant size and am feeling pretty good. I wanted to average close to 3 lbs/week, and i'm averaging a little over 2.5...so pretty good so far!
    What are your new goals?
    I want to reach my 20 lbs. lost by my birthday on October 27th. I don't know if i'll quite get there...but i'm working out 4x a week minimum and really trying to stick to my eating plan.

I made some sweet potato fries that I found on skinnytaste.com (rdr's site!). They are so yummy, i'm totally addicted. I didn't make the dressing, but i'm sure it's good too. Here's the recipe:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/11/baked-chipotle-sweet-potato-fries.html
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I finally reached -5lbs (well actually it's -5.9lbs) yesterday!!!!  
    What are your new goals?
    I want to reach -10 (overall) by my e-party which is October 29th. 
    I got nothing right now.  I haven't been home lately to cook :(

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I haven't lost a damn thing since moving to MS (well, ok, I lost about a pound at first, then put it back on) and it's really frustrating.

I know that it's mostly due to not having a regular schedule, but I'm not sure how to counteract that.  I've just got to do something to get my body shrinking again, because if this keeps up for much longer, I'm worried that I'll just give up.

I toyed with the idea that maybe I'm just at a good weight for my body and I'm having trouble losing more because I just shouldn't, but I really don't think that's it.

Grrr I don't know what to do.
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You girls make me want to eat healthily and start exercising :)

I'm so freakin paranoid of unhealthy dieting that it's VERY hard for me.  Plus, BF insists on meat in every meal (apparently his parents didn't know the value of pasta and salads, haha) so that makes it a little hard too.

Any advice on getting me started?  I.suck.at.this.

And not like drastic weight loss or anything.  I think 10 lbs would be fine...or ya know, a pants size, basically.  Any more than that and I'd need a new wardrobe :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • edited December 2011
    I've gained 5 lbs in the last 3 months. :(
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    not yet.  DH and I bought the 30 Day Shred DVD and did Day 1 (we only bought it this week).  by the end, I was on the floor crying out of sheer desperation and DH was about to die.  this is just level one, people.  not a good sign.  but at least I did it, and I finished it.  it's a start.  now, I need to work on my emotional eating.  my job is becoming more and more depressing/frustrating...  and so I have been eating junk.  it really sucks.

What are your new goals?
    eat less junk, start to manage stress, do the 30 Day Shred DVD at least 3 nights a week...  and try not to be so discouraged about it all.

hmmm...  I've been cooking a lot lately, and it has all been above and beyond what I expected.
    recent recipes:  SkinnyTaste SantaFe Chicken, chicken tortilla soup, SkinnyTaste Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary (and I added fall veggies to make it a full one-pot meal), Cooking Light Cinncinatti Turkey Chili, Cooking Light Sausage and Shrimp something, meatless pomodoro...  I don't want to post them all because I'll fill up the page, but I've got tons.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wsg-goals-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2e60bce1-d889-4de6-b7fa-45e74822b730Post:e9bd2164-9031-4972-98ae-c615625515a3">Re: WSG: Goals? Check in?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You girls make me want to eat healthily and start exercising :)<strong> I'm so freakin paranoid of unhealthy dieting </strong>that it's VERY hard for me.  Plus, BF insists on meat in every meal (apparently his parents didn't know the value of pasta and salads, haha) so that makes it a little hard too. Any advice on getting me started?  I.suck.at.this. And not like drastic weight loss or anything.  I think 10 lbs would be fine...or ya know, a pants size, basically.  Any more than that and I'd need a new wardrobe :)
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

<div>Eating healthy doesn't have to be a diet.  Going with grilled chicken as opposed to fried is a good way to eat healthy without overdoing it.  I think a good way to look at it is you're just making healthier choices for yourself.  At home we'll have grilled chicken, baked fish, correct portions of pasta if we have that, steamed veggies.  I use Pam when I cook anything as opposed to oil or butter.  I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray on anything I want in place of butter.  On my salads I never get regular dressing, I personally *love* balsalmic vinegar so I always use that.  Little things like that make a huge difference! </div>

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wsg-goals-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2e60bce1-d889-4de6-b7fa-45e74822b730Post:68d75a29-e8a3-4939-845d-d26b2a083a10">Re: WSG: Goals? Check in?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone reached any goals? not yet.  <strong>DH and I bought the 30 Day Shred DVD </strong>and did Day 1 (we only bought it this week).  by the end, I was on the floor crying out of sheer desperation and DH was about to die.  this is just level one, people.  not a good sign.  but at least I did it, and I finished it.  it's a start.  now, I need to work on my emotional eating.  my job is becoming more and more depressing/frustrating...  and so I have been eating junk.  it really sucks. What are your new goals? eat less junk, start to manage stress, do the 30 Day Shred DVD at least 3 nights a week...  and try not to be so discouraged about it all. How are we doing with awesome recipes?  Anything I need to try, like NOW? hmmm...  I've been cooking a lot lately, and it has all been above and beyond what I expected. recent recipes:  SkinnyTaste SantaFe Chicken, chicken tortilla soup, SkinnyTaste Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary (and I added fall veggies to make it a full one-pot meal), Cooking Light Cinncinatti Turkey Chili, Cooking Light Sausage and Shrimp something, meatless pomodoro...  I don't want to post them all because I'll fill up the page, but I've got tons.
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

<div>This is my favorite work out DVD & the only one I've ever stuck with.  I love how short it is but how amazing you feel at the end. I was the exact same the first few times, Jillian majorly kicked my asss.  I absolutely saw results from it though, stick with it!! </div>

• edited December 2011
    rdr - I didn't feel "amazing"...  more along the lines of beat up!  but we're determined to stick with it, so I hope we get the same results as you! 
  • sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wsg-goals-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2e60bce1-d889-4de6-b7fa-45e74822b730Post:f6aa96ad-5bdf-46f8-ab3f-e8e16e4541d9">Re: WSG: Goals? Check in?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WSG: Goals? Check in? : This is my favorite work out DVD & the only one I've ever stuck with.  I love how short it is but how amazing you feel at the end. I was the exact same the first few times, Jillian majorly kicked my asss.  I absolutely saw results from it though, stick with it!! 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I love that DVD. I checked it out from Netflix and did it for about a week. I had been trying to lose weight/inches with no success for 6 months. That DVD finally helped jumpstart it!

<div><strong>Has anyone reached any goals?
    </strong>Not in a while. I lost about 10 lbs a few months ago by watching what I ate, running, and doing the 30 Day Shred. It also helped that I switched from an office job to a job where I'm on my feet most of the day. But I haven't been as good with food lately, so I put some pounds back on.
    </div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>What are your new goals?
    </strong>Right now I am trying to run 3 times a week. I also bought the 30 Day Shred DVD a few days ago, and I'm waiting for it to arrive. Once it gets here, I'd like to do that maybe 5 times a week. I guess my overall goal would be to lose 15 lbs, but I haven't set a time to reach that by. I'm also trying to stick with one small treat a day, like a fun-size candy bar, instead of binging on junk food.
    </div><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div><strong>How are we doing with awesome recipes?  Anything I need to try, like NOW?
    </strong>I made this a few nights ago, and it was very yummy.

<a href="http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/08/spaghetti-with-sauteed-chicken-and.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/08/spaghetti-with-sauteed-chicken-and.html</a>
    </div>
  • elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mmm, might have to make some sweet potato fries tonight!!

Also, way to go Allusive and RDR on your weight loss! : ) And congrats FlyGirl on your first 10k! That's awesome!

I'm not at my original goal, but when I was 278 pounds, I made a goal to reach 160 and today I weighed in at 163, so I'm close! I've been sick all week, so haven't been able to work out and finish Insanity, but ...

What are your new goals?
    I'll hopefully finish Insanity by the end of next week, assuming I'm back to 100%.
    I'd also like to get to 160 in the next 2 weeks. WW has trained me 2#/week, so that's what I'm going for. I've never been this close, so I'm scurred, lol.

I have lots of recipes now, but haven't tried any of them yet, lol. I'll have to get on that, I suppose.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wsg-goals-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2e60bce1-d889-4de6-b7fa-45e74822b730Post:7e99874e-4cc5-45d2-bfeb-92201b4db2fe">Re: WSG: Goals? Check in?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't lost a damn thing since moving to MS (well, ok, I lost about a pound at first, then put it back on) and it's really frustrating. I know that it's mostly due to not having a regular schedule, but I'm not sure how to counteract that.  I've just got to do something to get my body shrinking again, because if this keeps up for much longer, I'm worried that I'll just give up. I toyed with the idea that maybe I'm just at a good weight for my body and I'm having trouble losing more because I just shouldn't, but I really don't think that's it. Grrr I don't know what to do.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

This has been my problem for the last year and a half. I finally got off of WW and started using SparkPeople. I used this: <a href="http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/weight-loss-calculator.php" rel="nofollow">http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/weight-loss-calculator.php</a> to figure out how many calories to use. I have found that as long as I stay under my calories (one set for workout days, one set for rest days), I will lose weight. Jillian Michaels talks about it often in her podcast. You may have reached your healthy weight, but are now trying to lose "vanity pounds", so you might not be eating enough. If you get that right calorie intake, you should be able to start losing weight again. I hope you understood all of that. All I know is that it has worked for me! Hang in there, there's always something new to try, you can do it!!
    -Ely

• elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wsg-goals-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2e60bce1-d889-4de6-b7fa-45e74822b730Post:e9bd2164-9031-4972-98ae-c615625515a3">Re: WSG: Goals? Check in?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You girls make me want to eat healthily and start exercising :) I'm so freakin paranoid of unhealthy dieting that it's VERY hard for me.  Plus, BF insists on meat in every meal (apparently his parents didn't know the value of pasta and salads, haha) so that makes it a little hard too. Any advice on getting me started?  I.suck.at.this. And not like drastic weight loss or anything.  I think 10 lbs would be fine...or ya know, a pants size, basically.  Any more than that and I'd need a new wardrobe :)
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

Technically, you should be getting protein, carbs, and fat in every single meal, so the meat every meal thing isn't bad, you just have to watch how much you're having. I'd say to follow the advice I gave Elle. I really can't emphasize enough how much SparkPeople has been helping me break out of my plateau. As long as you stay under your calorie limit per day, you can eat what you want. I recommend healthy choices, but it's not all that hard to follow once you get the hang of it.
    -Ely

• elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wsg-goals-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2e60bce1-d889-4de6-b7fa-45e74822b730Post:50e0f789-66db-4a61-9817-8be047ad4dfb">Re: WSG: Goals? Check in?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've gained 5 lbs in the last 3 months. :(
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

I just lost my post that I wrote to you, so I'll try again. Basically it was a bunch of cliches about 5 pounds not being that bad ( I gained 10 pounds one weekend) and that it's never too late to start. Try not to focus on the gain and instead focus on what you can do to change it! I know you can do it!! : )
    -Ely

• elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    Coco: Way to go starting the Shred!! I haven't tried it but have heard a lot of good reviews! Don't be too discouraged; everyone feels like poo after starting a new workout, lol. That's the point though. You work and eventually you get stronger. It's no fun if you start out too easily! : ) You'll get there and it might help ease some stress of your job too!
    -Ely

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wsg-goals-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2e60bce1-d889-4de6-b7fa-45e74822b730Post:97a959c9-3f58-46b5-902b-e525d14f85f4">Re: WSG: Goals? Check in?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WSG: Goals? Check in? : This has been my problem for the last year and a half. I finally got off of WW and started using SparkPeople. I used this: <a href="http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/weight-loss-calculator.php" rel="nofollow">http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/weight-loss-calculator.php</a> to figure out how many calories to use. I have found that as long as I stay under my calories (one set for workout days, one set for rest days), I will lose weight. Jillian Michaels talks about it often in her podcast. You may have reached your healthy weight, but are now trying to lose "vanity pounds", so you might not be eating enough. If you get that right calorie intake, you should be able to start losing weight again. I hope you understood all of that. All I know is that it has worked for me! Hang in there, there's always something new to try, you can do it!!
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ely.  You're right -- it's just vanity pounds now, but it pretty much always was for me.

I'm thinking about slashing carbs for a week to give my body a little jump start.  I'm not really a believer in low carb diets at all, but taking away that energy source for just a few days gave me a boost back in June when I hit a plateau, so maybe it'll work this time?  Problem is that I can try it just yet because I have the tough mudder coming up (week after next) and I need energy for the training I've been doing.
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    Elle: I didn't realize the tough mudder event was so soon! I've really been wanting to try one since you posted about it!! You'll have to let us know how it goes! Are you doing it by yourself or do you have someone going through it with you?
    -Ely

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wsg-goals-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2e60bce1-d889-4de6-b7fa-45e74822b730Post:0a0a6246-ff97-4f36-b751-840b467a8372">Re: WSG: Goals? Check in?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elle: I didn't realize the tough mudder event was so soon! I've really been wanting to try one since you posted about it!! You'll have to let us know how it goes! Are you doing it by yourself or do you have someone going through it with you?
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]

I'm part of team made up with one of my friends, one of my friend's friends (whom I've met and like but don't know all that well) and a couple girls I've never met before.

I'm getting a little worried about it.  I haven't been able to do as much running as I'd hoped (stupid knees!).
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    How far do you run normally? The entire track is only 10 - 12 mies right? Only, lol. The good thing is there is no time limit, so you guys can stick together and work together to get through it. Even if you have to walk, you can finish it, and will be totally awesome in my book either way for even signing up and trying it!! I'm sure most of the girls here would agree with that too! : )
    -Ely

• edited December 2011
    This post totally remiind me how out of shape I am and how much I really need to get back into things life has been too busy and I've been majorly neglecting working out.  Sigh
    I did make a new reipce last night.  See my blog in my signature, it is veggie but real sausage can be used.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards