Not Engaged Yet
Options

Kat & Bakes - Jamaica question

Kat, your HM photos totally have me interested in Jamaica now. Sans Souci is only about $100 more than the place I was looking at in Mexico.

Just wondering what prompted you ladies to choose that particular resort?

Re: Kat & Bakes - Jamaica question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DH and I are going over Spring Break so we only have about 5 days. We wanted to go somewhere we could get to quickly, so not a whole day of travel. I found flights that got us there from Upstate NY at like noon with an hour bus ride to the resort.

Then I just started looking up resorts on Expedia and TripAdvisor. We initially wanted to do Sandals but it was just so expensive. I remembered Kat went to Jamaica and saw in her Bio San Souci and when we compared it to other resorts it just seemed like the best value. We got an upgraded Oceanview Suite and airfare for about $2500.

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    luvdncn90luvdncn90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooo, I have a question too!!

Was it hard for you ladies to find an available date when they weren't all booked up? BF and I were really looking into going there also and on all the dates we wanted to go it kept saying they weren't available!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked through AAA so we didn't really have any trouble. We booked in October for April and we had no problem.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    luvdncn90luvdncn90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks so much. I think we're going to find a travel agent. We've worked with a few in the past and had no troubles!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might also want to look into Costco travel. They have really good deals- it's who we used when we went to Jamaica this past summer. When you book with them they take care of travel to and from the hotel and airport and you also usually get some sort of upgrade and an adventure credit (for any of the activites- ziplining, horseback riding, and Dunn's River Falls). I think for us it came out to be $2200 total for 6 days/5 nights and that's including airfare.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh, wow. I'll check out AAA and Costco, too. Thanks!
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto AAA and Costco travel!

We didn't have any trouble with our dates being booked. We scheduled it about 6 months before we went.

I think we had the same deal as Bakes. We upgraded our room to the Oceanfront Suite and got our airfare for $2500.

DH did quite a bit of research, and San Souci was the most bang for the buck from what we saw. We wanted something small and intimate and laid back - and that's what we got!! We loved San Souci!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards