Not Engaged Yet

My Friday Surprise

Last night, after a long walk around the falls and going out for dinner, my now fiancé and I came back home.  While I poured us glasses of water to rehydrate, he played an album on the record player.  It was a song by The Black Keys, “The Only One.”  (We had first heard this song together on my car radio, and even though we arrived at our destination, we stayed in the car and listened to it all the way through.)  On this evening, we started slow dancing to it.  Then, half way through the song, he began to tell me that the first time he heard it, he knew he wanted it playing in the background when we got engaged.  Then, he pulled the ring out of his pocket and asked me if I would be his only one!  Weeping, but not quite ugly crying, I said I would be delighted.

After the proposal, he gave me some important back story.  About a week ago, he asked my 8 year old daughter if she still wanted us to get married.  She said, “Of course!”  FI told her he was going to ask me to marry him.  Then my daughter told him Macy’s was having a sale on rings.  He showed her the engagement ring he had purchased and she was beyond excited!  What impressed me most is that she did not let slip to me that he was going to propose. I know she is just as excited as I am to finally be a family.  I can’t wait to marry the love of my life and my dearest friend.

Re: My Friday Surprise

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards