Not Engaged Yet
Options

Christmas Lists Poll

This was on E a few days ago (maybe yesterday?), but I'm interested to hear what you lovely ladies have on your lists.

What are your top 5 items on your list that you want this year?

What are you buying BF/FI/H?

Who else do you have to buy for?  What are you getting them?

Do you go shopping on Black Friday?

What was your favorite Christmas gift as a child?

Anything that you wanted and never got?

What's your favorite gift you've ever given?
Anniversary

Re: Christmas Lists Poll

• Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm too overwhelmed to even think about these questions right now! Buying Christmas gifts gives me anxiety... I just never know what to get for people.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I actually only have 4:  Seasons 1 - 4 of True Blood on BluRay

No idea yet, but I'm sure it'll be something for his camera

My parents, sisters, neices & nephews.  I'm going cheap this year and probably going to frame wedding pictures for everyone.  Of course, I'll be getting the kids toys.  Oh, and the bigger gift for my mom, but we technically won't actually pay for that until we book the tickets.

Hell no.  There's no deal that's worth getting up that early, waiting in line in the cold, and dealing with a mob of people.  LOL.

Probably the obvious kid gift, my bike.  Although, I do remember being abnormally excited the year I got a few Sky Dancers (anyone remember those?)

A barbie house.  I probably wrote it on my list from the age of 3 to like 9 and never got it.  I even asked my mom one year if Santa didn't like me because he still wouldn't buy my barbie house.  They weren't that much money so I have no idea why my parents never bought it for me. lol.

So far, a framed photo to H.  His favorite photographer is Peter Lik and his prints are like thousands of dollars.  I managed to find a lithograph poster on eBay (from Australia) for $75 and had it custom framed for him.  He loved it and had absolutely no idea what I was getting him.

Although I'm really excited to give my mom her present this year.  I'm buying the Kauai Revealed book and then I'm going to print a fake airline ticket with my mom's name on it.  I think we'll have to explain to her that we are actually going to take her to Hawaii and not just buying her a Hawaii book, but she'll be soooo excited.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    "What are your top 5 items on your list that you want this year?" Deathly Hallows pt1 and pt2 DVDs The Son of Neptune a new laundry basket cellphone cover "What are you buying BF/FI/H?" I still have no idea. "Who else do you have to buy for?  What are you getting them? For my dad I always buy him a Yankees calendar; For my mom I usually buy a book. I have a few friend's I need to buy for, but I'm not sure what I'm getting for them, yet, either. "Do you go shopping on Black Friday?" No way, I hate crowds. "What was your favorite Christmas gift as a child?" Rainbow Brite doll! "Anything that you wanted and never got?" I can't remember offhand, but I'm sure there have been stuff I hinted at and didn't receive. "What's your favorite gift you've ever given?" Harry Potter book. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure this is the first year I cannot think of a SINGLE thing I want for Christmas.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it weird that I stopped making Christmas lists years ago? I think it's a combination of wanting to be surprised, not wanting to ask people to buy me things, and being afraid I'll be disappointed if my parent's aren't able to get me anything.

ETA: Has anyone's parents stopped sending gifts?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_christmas-lists-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:40f3f45b-7023-44b3-b5bf-b32dd2b25072Post:4beeaf65-4fbc-4ec6-98b2-af8940b2b521">Re: Christmas Lists Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it weird that I stopped making Christmas lists years ago? I think it's a combination of wanting to be surprised, not wanting to ask people to buy me things, and being afraid I'll be disappointed if my parent's aren't able to get me anything. ETA: Has anyone's parents stopped sending gifts?
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

I only make lists when asked for them.  But I'm pretty sure my parents won't be doing gifts this year, they are <em>really</em> tight on finances right now and I don't want them to think that they have to get us something.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I would like a Keurig, iPad2 and an HD video camera, but I haven't asked a single soul for any of those things and never will!

Things I actually asked for since my mom asked: Tripod, slipper socks, Chuck season 4, a plug-in wax melting thing (since my office smells weird sometimes) and cash.

I'm buying BF a new keyboard, mouse and mousepad, plus a whiteboard and some flannel pants. He specifically asked for those first 4 items, the pants are my idea because he loves those.

My parents, my sister, my grandparents, BF's parents, BF's nieces and nephews, and various secret santas!

My parents and grandparents and BF's parents are all getting a photo book I made of our travels over the past year. I'm getting my sister a pillowpet, and BF's nieces and nephews will all get toys and such.

Not until after 5pm, if I go at all.

The camera I got in elementary school, and I love the Christmas cards my mom makes every year! I save them all.

EVERY year I asked for a game system of some type (super nintendo, sega, N64, playstation) and never got one. On my 14th bday I finally got the N64 and I was BEYOND excited!

Last year I made prints of a painting I did and framed it for my grandparents and parents.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea. Both families wanted to cut way back this year since none of us have kiddos right now, so we're just doing stockings with $5 & under items from each other.

We'll probably spend around $20 on each other. I have no idea what I'm getting him yet. He's recently gotten into coin collecting, so I may try and find something he can add to his collection.

I always buy a package of pears from Harry & David for my grandparents and I still need an idea for BF's dad. He's super hard to shop for.

No way Jose!

The Barbie Doll Dream House, duh!

I'm sure there were things when I was younger, but any more it's becoming less and less about the gifts for me. That's probably a good thing.

Having trouble thinking of something for this one. My brother and his girlfriend are probably not going to make it out for Christmas this year. She is super into animals (probably likes them more than people actually). This year I got them both a pair of slippers that look like animal feet: he's getting tiger feet and she's getting polar bear feet. I'm really excited about those this year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A noise machine, a heated neck wrap, g/c to a good restaurant, g/c to go clothes shopping, pedicure.

I got him a nice sewn letter/number AJ Green (Bengals) jersey and gave it to him early.  Other than that I will give him a few small things that he needs...boxer briefs, new shirts, maybe cologne, we'll see.

My son, my Dad & PSM (pseudo step-mom), my step-dad, and a gift for the excahnge at my family.  For his family the siblings &SO's exchange names so I have one of his BIL's to buy for and he and his sibs are getting his parents a nice wireless printer to go with the laptop they got them last year.

I have before, but only for a great deal and always in and out (got a t.v. once, went in a few minutes after they opened walked out in about 10 minutes with a t.v. at almost half-price, no waiting outside or anything!) This year I will probably do a little online shopping, but definitely no going out to stores.

My first puppy, who died years ago, my parents(mom &step-dad) surprised me and it was awesome!  The Basketball hoop and Bike were pretty memorable too.  Oh and one year I got a small-ish present that said "open last"...it was a chia pet, apparently Mom thought that if I opened that first I'd abandon the other gifts...LOL!

An iguana, I really wanted one, but my Mom was terrified and refused.  Otherwise I got most things 

Seeing my son RUN and jump on his bike from "Santa" that I got and put together myself last Christmas was awesome!   He proceeded to ride it all through the apartment at 7am...priceless! :)

Another that I gave and received credit for (instead of Santa) was a framed panoramic poster of the OSU bowl game in AZ that I got for BF for our first Christmas together.  I gave him the picture because I knew that he was at that game.  After boyfriend scanned the end zone closest to the photographer he found himself and guys he went with in the picture!  He was stoked!  He shows everyone and tells them that I got it for him! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A new computer, which I am getting (it's our shared gift this year). I would also like a wallet, raincoat and some new shoes. I'm very practical.

I'm going to get him a new tie. He has to wear ties for work now and he needs to expand his collection so he doesn't wear the same ties over and over again. I also might get him a really cool belt I saw that's made out of an old seatbelt from a Ford truck.

I have to buy for my SS and my mom, I guess but I don't know what she wants.

Not unless my mom goes too, which I only did twice. Once was to get a new TV for my room (my old one had died only two days before). The other was last year to get my brother a laptop, and then we went to the mall just for fun, where I ended up getting a dress to wear to FI's sister's wedding.

Nothing, cus I don't celebrate Christmas ;) My favorite Hannukah gift was going to

I usually got whatever I asked for because I'm more of a books/DVDs/CD/gift cards type person when it comes to gifts.

I gave FI a peacoat one year, and a Jets jersey with his favorite player's name and number on it.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sitting at Starbucks working on homework and a girl is getting interviewed sitting next to me. She's mentioned her boyfriend 5 times in the first few questions. O dear.... Anyways.....

A camera, that naked eye shadow from Sephora, clothes from my momma, cool socks, and some new slippers.

He wantes these stupid magnetic ball things that make a paper weight for his desk at work. Whatever. I'll also probably get him some nice work shirts. I may do a bunch of cooking for him and freeze a bunch of meals to heat up when he wants them since he would like it. Hmm.... I wish he was easier to shop for. Gosh.  And I'll give him some lovin'.   He likes that always. ;)

Mom, dad, my 3 siblings, my SS, and friends. I don't know what I'm getting for them, except my ss. My mom I always get her a cute snowman thing because she collects those. Dad I always get random tools that he asks for. Other than that, who knows.

Usually, but I may not go this year because I don't know of anything that I am dying to buy.

I got a giant dollhouse once.  I loved that thing.

I always asked Santa for a toy poodle. Never got that one.

Hmmm... I honestly don't know. Either I give NO good gifts, or else just nothing is really standing out to me I guess.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    KA stand mixer!! - from BF
    Ice cream making attachment
    food processor/grinder attachment - on of those two from my sister since she's my not-so-secret Santa

I also really want a new iPod and digital camera, but those will have to wait

Probably a Cowboys jersey and a vaporizer. And every year I get him funny T-shirts because he loves them. This year I'm thinking these ones...

Jon got my mom and I got my dad for SS, so I'm going to ask him to pool together and get them a weekend night away at a B&B somewhere. Not sure what we will get his parents and brother & sister yet.

I have but I don't think I will this year. There's nothing I really need to go BF shopping for.

My Mommy's Having a Baby (I was obsessed with all things baby/pregnancy when I was little), and my Barbie Camper. LOVED that thing.

A dollhouse. My dad started building one one year and never got around to finishing it. He actually still has a lot of guilt about it, and plans to make one for my daughter if I have one.

Probably the grill I bought BF a few years ago, or the coat I bought my sister last year. It was one of those perfect things she never knew she wanted, and was IN LOVE with it. This year, if I can pull off the weekend away for my parents, that will be my fave.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    food steamer and dumpling maker, prada wrislet ( or some other big designer), food processor, jeans, amazon gift card for books on the kindle

I got him Rangers tickets!!!

a few co-workers, my sister, brother, mom, dad, and bf's parents

Nope I get to work

I don't remember they were all great. I got so spoiled as a child.

Anything that you wanted that you never got?
    I think this one I fell in love with this gorgeous dior purse it was like $2000 or so and my parents were like no way.

the diamond bracelet bf got for me last year, i love it so much

Anniversary

• Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    New flat iron, North Face fleece (I can't believe I still don't own one), and I need to come up with some less expensive stuff for my siblings and other relatives to get me.

I don't know! I was thinking of paying for a snow removal service to come through the winter and plow our driveway, since he HATES snow because he has to do that. However, it's pretty expensive, so I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to swing it.

Mom, Daddy, siblings, Secret Santa from here, Secret Santa with my college friends, cousins and their kids, Aunt and Uncle, Grandma and Step-Grandfather on my Mom's side, best friends from high school. Yeah, it's a lot. I also bake cookies for people like our neighbors, mailman, etc.

Absolutely not. I get anxiety just thinking about that.

American Girl dolls. I got a new one every Christmas as my "big" gift.

One of those kid sized Barbie jeeps. We lived down a gravel drive, so I'm not sure where I though I would use it.

Probably BF's birthday gifts-especially this year when we did that whole weekend in Cooperstown, NY. I also gave both of my parents iPods recently, and my Mom especially loved hers.
  • Options
    zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (bonus if I get the package thingy that gives me a gold Wiimote), baking stuffs...ummm...apparently that's all I can think of...

I'm getting him two games, and possibly something else. One of the games I may give on his birthday instead. I haven't decided yet.

My 5 nieces (a band shirt, perfume, books, a Barbie something, and Dora something, and Let's Go Fishin'  (<-- clicky) for the younger two). My sisters, the older I'm getting a jewellery box and the yunger I'm getting Okami for the Wii. My BIL, who's getting ???. My mom, who I got a grooming tool for her cat. My mom's BF who'd getting ???. My dad who's getting ???. My BFF who's also getting ???.

Not usually. I kinda hate the whole thing. This year I'll be going for one thing, but I'm only going at like 10am at the earliest.

My Tycho Rebound RC. That thing was awesome. Even more awesome after my dad and grandpa would let me play with the darn thing! (They took it and played with it so much they drained the battery. Anyone who ever had one knows the painful wait on those batteries...)

Probably, but I don't remember it.

Probably this year's Let's Go Fishin. My sis and I used to play that thing at our neighbor's house as kinds, so when I saw it it was a blast from the past. I'm kinda excited :P

• Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't really want much. I asked for gift cards so I can get work clothes (Banana Republic, New York and Co) and a vacuum. Ha. I'm hoping BF gets me some pretty jewelry again - he got me pearl earrings last year and I wear them constantly. I asked for some DVDs for my Secret Santa.

I'm getting him a remote control helicopter! I've been looking around and have only seen 3 channel ones and he wants a 4 channel (so it goes up and down, forward and back and side to side) so I'll have to go online I think. I'll also probably make him cookies again.

I'm planning on getting my mom a pretty blouse or sweater. I have NO clue what to get my dad, he's impossible to shop for. I have to do a white elephant gift for my mom's side so I'm doing 2 bottles of local wine from my school and a box of Rocher chocolates. I got my uncle on my dad's side for Secret Santa and he wants jeans...lol. I think I also might make cookies for my BF's parents and my mentor teacher.

I have in the past, but not this year. I'm hoping to do a bunch of shopping online.

I used to love getting stuff for my Fisher Price dollhouse, or clothes for my Bitty Babies :). It was fun to have a lot of small presents to open as a kid.

Remember when Tamagochi's were big like...12 or so years ago? I always wanted a NanoBaby like my neighbor (she was that one friend who had EVERYTHING) and never got one.

I'm truly blanking. I'm not the best gift giver, unfortunately even though I always try so hard to give the perfect thing. I guess I'm pretty excited about the helicopter for BF this year :)
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards