Not Engaged Yet
Options

House Update and Opinions Please! PIP

So, we looked at the house again tonight with my parents and everyone loves it and there is only one little thing my mom noticed. So, as long as we can get our pre-approval this week, we are putting in an offer this weekend! :)

So now I am thinking of what I want to do to the house... Paint mostly and I am start with the front. It currently has a hunter green front door and shutters. I am not particularly a fan of hunter green. So here are what BF and I like so far... What do you guys think looks best?

HOUSE NOW

OPTION #1

OPTION #2

OPTION #3

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: House Update and Opinions Please! PIP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted for option 1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote red. Laughing
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought about red, but since there isn't an entry I want the door color to go with a slate blue or ice blue living room... But I agree red is a great door color!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the hunter green as it is actually. 

Anniversary

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted option one.  But I like yellow too :)
    I french with my man
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted for option 1, love the black shutters. But I second the suggestion for a red door... maybe red door and black or gray shutters. I think red would go with a blue living room just fine, esp if the living room is slate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love #1. The grey and the black look really nice against your brick color. Make sure there is no HOA or any neighborhood ordinances before you get painting though. Sometimes you have to get things like this approved ahead of time!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the dark shutters and also vote for a red door =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_house-update-opinions-please-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:41864f89-d7f9-4839-b498-0e91a4e89a34Post:4a86374d-3bfb-4222-b5c0-ad2ef017a8c3">Re: House Update and Opinions Please! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I voted option one. I'm going to be a total buzzkill here and also suggest that you stop thinking of home improvements before you are pre-approved and your offer is accepted. I KNOW how hard that is; I've been through the homebuying process. BF kept warning me not to get too attached to properties until the offer was accepted -- and even then, things can go wrong with inspections, etc. -- but I didn't listen and was crushed when the first house we wanted fell through after inspection. We ended up in a wonderful place, but I learned my lesson. Sort of like not pre-planning a wedding before an engagement...try not to pre-plan your house before your offer is accepted and a closing's been set! 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Liv, I was thinking the <em>exact</em> same thing and I didn't want to be the one to say it.

I think Option 1 is best, but you really really really should listen to Liv's advice and not pre-plan for your house. It's a lot like pre-planning a wedding, or pre-planning for a baby.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_house-update-opinions-please-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:41864f89-d7f9-4839-b498-0e91a4e89a34Post:4a86374d-3bfb-4222-b5c0-ad2ef017a8c3">Re: House Update and Opinions Please! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm going to be a total buzzkill here and also suggest that you stop thinking of home improvements before you are pre-approved and your offer is accepted. I KNOW how hard that is; I've been through the homebuying process. BF kept warning me not to get too attached to properties until the offer was accepted -- and even then, things can go wrong with inspections, etc. -- but I didn't listen and was crushed when the first house we wanted fell through after inspection. We ended up in a wonderful place, but I learned my lesson. Sort of like not pre-planning a wedding before an engagement...try not to pre-plan your house before your offer is accepted and a closing's been set! 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

YES!!!!  

Particularly if you have not even been approved yet. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Liv. 

I had tons of things I wanted to do to my house. However, once you know what issues your house has then priorities can change. Give yourself some time before rushing into a home improvement.
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I like option 4.  But that is just me :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards