Not Engaged Yet

Mixed Signals

2»

Re: Mixed Signals

• simplemachinesimplemachine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just have to stick up for you on the age difference thing.  Sure it makes things more difficult, but it's simply not creepy or a deal-breaker.  It's one thing if someone is only/primarily dating people much older/younger, that is wack.  But there are a lot of people (myself included) who never thought they'd be with someone of a different age, but found themselves attracted and compatible despite the difference.  I think it's sad that it's pretty much the only type of relationship that is still OK to completely bash on demographic grounds alone.

</soapbox />

Anyway the poor guy has been engaged twice before, once for a crazy long time.  I frankly wouldn't have assumed he'd be able to think/talk about Round 3 at all, let alone after 6 months.  Just keep the lines of communication open, but above all don't nag him about it.
  • ashleyjo09ashleyjo09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mixed-signals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:449dce95-2e4b-42cd-8190-bfb9801228efPost:70f70f72-36e5-4635-acbc-f480988356f0">Re: Mixed Signals</a>:
    [QUOTE] To help with impatience, keep in mind that once the proposal happens, it's over, and you'll never be able to look forward to it again. Thinking that always helps me get back into enjoying the present instead of getting wrapped up in what will happen down the road. Best of luck with everything. Stick around on the board, if you like, and keep us updated on how your relationship develops! :)
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

I never thought about it that way....you'r right! And after listening to you ladies, I've realized that I am rushing things and I do enjoy just being with BF. Thanks!
  • ashleyjo09ashleyjo09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mixed-signals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:449dce95-2e4b-42cd-8190-bfb9801228efPost:59ba33db-9b2a-4ccc-92ea-0099f60aa2c5">Re: Mixed Signals</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just have to stick up for you on the age difference thing.  Sure it makes things more difficult, but it's simply not creepy or a deal-breaker.  It's one thing if someone is only/primarily dating people much older/younger, that is wack.  But there are a lot of people (myself included) who never thought they'd be with someone of a different age, but found themselves attracted and compatible despite the difference.  I think it's sad that it's pretty much the only type of relationship that is still OK to completely bash on demographic grounds alone. </soapbox /> Anyway the poor guy has been engaged twice before, once for a crazy long time.  I frankly wouldn't have assumed he'd be able to think/talk about Round 3 at all, let alone after 6 months.  Just keep the lines of communication open, but above all don't nag him about it.
    Posted by simplemachine[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your support on the age gap!

And BF has even said that he hasn't completely opened up to me yet, but I can tell he's coming around. He's telling me about the girls that hurt him and about his past, which means a lot ot me. I have to respect that it may take a while for him to put his heart out there again. Good Advice!
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mixed-signals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:449dce95-2e4b-42cd-8190-bfb9801228efPost:3a91e7df-f7d1-4b2d-8a9e-24d66baac491">Re: Mixed Signals</a>:
    [QUOTE]BF has even said that he hasn't completely opened up to me yet, but I can tell he's coming around.
    Posted by ashleyjo09[/QUOTE]

excellent! this is what SHOULD be happening pre-engagement. good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards