Not Engaged Yet

Bad day at work - need hugs/LOLcats/etc. - long

Hi ladies,

Today was a rough one at work. It's been busy lately, so I often can't even pop on here at lunch. Today I had to present a proposal for some new products--pretty routine ones at that. Well, my line of products has had some problems lately, and we're currently in danger of missing our launch date. Because of this, one VP is already pretty pissed at all of us (he seems to be a perpetually angry person).

I presented my document, and he had a lot of questions that were outside the scope of the meeting and another group's responsibility. I tried to explain that my group just makes the product, and we were looking for approval to go ahead with development. Another group would need to be involved to address his issues. I tried to be polite but firm with him.

After I already felt really crappy about how the meeting went (it's amazing the things people will find to nit pick), my boss came by right before I was about to leave. Apparently this person called my boss and said I was rude and didn't care about what was going on. My boss already had a hard time believing that and even spoke to someone else who was there (there were about 12 people in this meeting), who said there wasn't an issue.

Apparently angry person also gets offended easily. I admit, I probably did cut him off when I was trying to explain things. I now know I should really watch out for that in the future. However, I am really bummed that someone thought I was rude enough to warrant complaining to my boss. Fortunately, my boss isn't really bothered. He said this same guy hated him for two years. The only downside is that if I ever want to get promoted, angry person is one of the many people who need to approve, but I do work in a place with a few hundred people.

Even though I've been at my company for a year and a half, he apparently didn't know who I was, and I've had plenty of meetings with him. I'm hoping by the time I need to face him again, he'll forget.

CLIFF NOTES: I had a rough meeting today followed by someone complaining to my boss that I was rude in said meeting. I now feel really bummed about it, even though I don't think I was rude.

Re: Bad day at work - need hugs/LOLcats/etc. - long

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YGPM!

And let's see if I can find an lolcat...

P.S. My day sucked @$$ too...

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, a PM! YGPM back.

Did you at least get your luggage yet?
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    **hugs** I'm sorry you had a rough day at work :( I'm sure that angry person will forget about this little encounter in no time. People like that get mad so often they can't remember everything that made them mad.

Here are some LOLcats to cheer you up:

• ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Aw!  I am so sorry!  I hate rough days!  *big hugs*  Good side is your boss wasn't worried about it! <3
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear it, Leia. Hope things are better tomorrow. I found hugging kittehz for you...

Also, a sort-of hugging kitten. This one makes me giggle.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I appreciate your comments, hugs, and LOLs.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a little late but I offer many hugs!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry! That sucks. Some people are just always mean and grumpy no matter what, I don't like those people very much!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Aw, Leia, I'm sorry! Stupid guy... But it's awesome that you had several people there to stick up for you!
  • sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you had a terrible day, Leia. One of the worst things about working in an office environment are the politics that go with it. Maybe your work would be much cooler if this guy was a VP instead of the grumpy guy...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards