Not Engaged Yet
Options

Ely and Bri hanging out in the Glass City! (and doc update)

Today went better than I thought it would. My doc gave me the wrong paper, so I was freaking out over nothing. I had no catheters. I had a five minute appointment where the nurse pretty much stuck wires to my butt and had me pee in a weird chair. Then she did an ultrasound and I was on my way. So much easier and less scary, lol. No answers till Dec. 1st still though.

So after my appointment, I texted Bri and told her I was done early, so she got ready and after making my way through all of the construction, I finally found her!! We went to a restaurant called The Elephant Bar. We're not sure why they have elephants because they have everything from all over the world on their menu. We had quite the (as Bri put it) "perky" waiter, lol. He must have been bored or something because he very enthusiastically went over the entire menu (like 10 pages) and then later tried to trick us into dessert, lol.

We got to chat for a bit before taking her back for her game and it was so much fun and so neat to finally meet one your knotties! : ) She is such a sweetheart and so energetic in person and I can't wait to meet more of you now!!!

You all should appreciate this picture because it took us five tries, lol. The first was "memory full", then it was blurry, then "memory full" again, then blurry again and finally we got this one and it was kinda dark but we said good enough, lol.

I hope we'll get to hang out again some time! : )
-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Ely and Bri hanging out in the Glass City! (and doc update)

• Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    So JEALOUS!!!!
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!! I'm so glad your appointment wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. Wth is with the doctor giving you the wrong paper & scaring you half to death though?!?!

You gals are soo purty!!!! Sounds like a really nice time!!! 

• Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad it wasn't so bad! Let us know the results when they come in!

And you are both so pretty! Sounds like a good time!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you ladies had a good time, and that your appointment wasn't as bad as you were thinking it would be Ely!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to admit I giggled at  your butt wires and weird chair pee description :P

I'm glad everything went better than expected, and it looks like you had a fun g2g to boot! Awesome :)
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ely-bri-hanging-out-glass-city-doc-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4837390e-7927-4c67-a291-6e97c983e955Post:7afc1d89-ac87-457f-b2b4-d8fc17c68a13">Re: Ely and Bri hanging out in the Glass City! (and doc update)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I<strong> have to admit I giggled at  your butt wires and weird chair pee description :P</strong> I'm glad everything went better than expected, and it looks like you had a fun g2g to boot! Awesome :)
    Posted by Lil B Mama[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, it was definitely one of the weirder things I've done in my life. She did leave the room to let me pee though, which was nice of her, lol.

It definitely was fun. I can't wait to meet more of you guys! : )
    -Ely

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Jealous!  Glad you had a good time! And that the doctor only stuck wires in your butt
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad your pee chair test went better than expected. Please keep us updated. Keeping you in my thoughts.

I'm also glad you had something fun to do afterward and that you and Bri had a fun time!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    OMG I'm so glad it went well and was easier than expected. I had a test with catheters and I was MISERABLE afterwards. I didn't want to say anything earlier because I didn't want to scare you. I started to offer advice about cold wash cloths on your cooter but decided I'd wait to see how you felt. HA! Glad I kept that part to myself...

Good luck. Dec. 1 will be here before you know it. Hopefully they will find the problem and then a good solution for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had such a great time with you, Ely! Thanks for navigating through construction to my two-named hotel to find me :-) Hopefully I'll find my way back to Ohio so we can hang out again! And if you're ever in New York (or hopefully Maine!) I'll show you around my neck of the woods! And I totally agree with Ely - now I want to meet more of you!! :-)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ely-bri-hanging-out-glass-city-doc-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4837390e-7927-4c67-a291-6e97c983e955Post:227ff4b3-c88c-4f9c-b775-7149b3557fcf">Re: Ely and Bri hanging out in the Glass City! (and doc update)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had such a great time with you, Ely! Thanks for navigating through construction to my two-named hotel to find me :-) Hopefully I'll find my way back to Ohio so we can hang out again! And if you're ever in New York (or hopefully Maine!) I'll show you around my neck of the woods! And I totally agree with Ely - now I want to meet more of you!! :-)
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

FI and I have always wanted to go to Maine, so you never know! We might find out way up there some time!! : )

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ely-bri-hanging-out-glass-city-doc-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4837390e-7927-4c67-a291-6e97c983e955Post:ce8e3aed-e475-4b4d-8bba-59016ae069dd">Re: Ely and Bri hanging out in the Glass City! (and doc update)</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG I'm so glad it went well and was easier than expected. I had a test with catheters and I was MISERABLE afterwards. I didn't want to say anything earlier because I didn't want to scare you. I started to offer advice about cold wash cloths on your cooter but decided I'd wait to see how you felt. HA! Glad I kept that part to myself... Good luck. Dec. 1 will be here before you know it. Hopefully they will find the problem and then a good solution for you.
    Posted by paintgirl[/QUOTE]

Haha, thank you so much for not telling me any of that yesterday, lol. I was already way too freaked out, lol. I'm so happy it was just wires on my butt, even if they did hurt coming off. I'm glad my bladder was acting up for the test too. I have a really, really hard time emptying when I hold my bladder for that long, so I had to go again in about half an hour. It was weird though because I wasn't allowed to move, so I'm guessing I was a bit more tense than usual, which probably didn't help me relax to get it out either. Oh well, I hope it proves something one way or another and it wasn't just a test to show them I'm not emptying, because I already knew that and told them and had x-rays, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited to see pics from another knottie g2g! Sounds like you ladies had a great time!

Elannis, i'm glad you appointment went better than expected. How silly of the office to give you the wrong form though.   : /
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad that the doctor's appointment went okay, thankfully you had something to look forward to afterwards!

Looks like you had a great time with Bri!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards