Not Engaged Yet

F/U to engagement chicken

I felt so lame after asking for the recipe that I went ahead and made Beef Stew, which is awesome, but I'm going to rename fighting bison or something. We got into a huge fight and I never finished my Buche de Noel. So if anyone wants to pick a fight with their BF, let me know, I have the recipe to get that done Undecided.

But with the aftermath of the fight we had a great heart to heart. We had a convo back in March where we (yes, we) decided that if we weren't engaged by our 4 year anniversary that we needed to take a good look at what we both wanted from our relationship. I felt like I somehow gave him an ultimatum and have been feeling weird about it recently, and he finally told me that he wanted to marry me, for me, not b\c there is some random date. So I feel better, even if he is going to CO for Christmas.

Wow, that got long.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: F/U to engagement chicken

• pinkpinotpinkpinot member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fightin' Bison Stew - hahahahahaha I lurve it!

I hate hate hate hate hate fighting w/ FI more than anything.  It sucks.  It sounds like you had a great conversation afterwards, which is good. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was going to make beef stew tonight...but maybe I'll pass on that!!

I hate fighting with BF too but it's always nice afterwords when you really get to talk about the issue and have a great heart to heart. Sorry you two got in a fight but atleast it turned out alright in the end:)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I actually don't mind fighting with FI, because he doesn't fight. He lets me rant and rave and cuss like a sailor, and then he says "Okay, so basically, the problem is _______. Right?" And then we end up talking for hours about the problem and eventually come to a solution.

But I really NEED to blow up now and then. I'm like a volcano of emotions. I need to laugh, cry, yell at people.... the whole deal.

I'm sorry you guys had a fight, but it sounds like you needed that. Ultimatums aren't really a good thing. You don't want that hanging over your head. So, it's good you guys got all that out.

I'm telling you, though.... chicken CAKE.
    Anniversary
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fu-engagement-chicken?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:48f45f27-9254-40d0-a03c-6383d7f0f908Post:742c886b-921b-4e9a-8a52-888ff988d75f">Re: F/U to engagement chicken</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm telling you, though.... chicken CAKE.
    Posted by jeanacorina[/QUOTE]

Yeeeahhhh, I'm a little terrified of the whole chicken cake idea. I did look at the pans, but didn't think SERIOUSLY about buying one. What is a chicken cake? I think that may be my downfall, my utter lack of seriousness.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha.  Jeanna, I am like that as well.  We have never actually had a true fight.  I usually just explode or go completely quiet.  Either way, DH is ridiculously patient with me.  I have this need to be 'heard.'  Or sometimes, I have the need to sort through everything in my head before talking.  I hate not having the perfect word/explanation for why I am feeling a certain way. 

Hetchup, I am glad you got your feelings off your chest.  Do what we tell everyone.  Relax.  If it is true for you that you feel like you need to have a heart to heart around your 4th anniversary, I can understand that.  He said he wants to marry you.  Isn't that all you really wanted to know?  Be wary of engagment-cooking/baking topics.  You are flirting with the BSC line.  ;)

edited December 2011
    Jeana - you're so cute! I am not emotional AT ALL.  I don't like to be mad, sad, fight or yell (this same mentality also applies to theknot).  I think I'm pretty laid back and try to find humor in everything.  I also don't like confrontations and I hate confrontational people. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hetshup-- you do realize that no amount of susie homemaker projects will make him propose to you, right? I mean, the engagement chicken and chicken cake things are totally jokes (at least around here). He will propose to you when he's ready to. If you're getting impatient, yeah, that's normal. But if you're not willing to wait for him to be as excited and ready as you are, then you've got way more problems than Fighting Beef Stew.

No amount of pushing would make my FI budge before he proposed. People bugged him, I had days where I bugged him, we had heart-to-hearts, and all that jazz.

In the end, when he was ready and felt 100% sure that he not only wanted to marry me, but wanted to do it NOW, then he bought the ring and proposed THE NEXT DAY.

Don't you want your FI to have a ring just burning a hole in his pocket because he's so excited and happy to ask you to marry him? If you keep making yourself crazy he'll end up not asking at all, or asking just because he's tired of the drama.

Let it go. Be in love, hon. You're already sharing a life with him. Forever doesn't start at "I do," it's already happening. You guys are already creating memories you'll be talking about in 50 years. Don't let those memories be anxiety and frustration over a proposal. Just be in love. You never get this time back.
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what Jeana said :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

So... it's bad that I have composit photos of our 1.9 children and have applied for private schools for them?? I'm trying to relax, we went to party and got asked a bunch by all these people that we didn't know, so we both got a little wound up. Luckily, our parents leave us alone.

And I was confuzzeled, I figured it was a joke, but thinking about sweet chickencake was scaring me a little. Then I found out about cake balls and got really confused.

I will however continue to perfect my fight bison stew. It makes great leftovers. No, seriously, they are awesome.

• edited December 2011
    I know it sucks to be bugged about it. It makes you feel like there's either something wrong with you or with everyone else, or maybe both. lol

Just grin and bear it. Be a smart ass about it! But don't let it come between you and your BF.
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    About a year into my relationship FI & I talked about getting married and he always called me his future wife so I knew we were heading in the direction of being engaged (which sounds like you) and you'll get there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwwww, thanksh guysh. I will be less suzy homemaker and more smoldering temptress. Even though I asked for a sewing machine for x-mas, and a dutch oven (the pot not the flatulence!)
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahahaha. Hetshup, you are too funny. i hope you get BOTH!!! Tongue out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards