Not Engaged Yet
Options

Put these events in order.

Stolen from SB

*** For the purposes of this exercise, "gainful employment" would be a full-time, support yourself job. Put these events in order: Get engaged
Get marriedBuy a house (condo/TH)Get PGHave baby #1 (or #2 or #3)Graduate collegeGraduate high school (get GED)Meet DHMove out of parent's house for goodStart collegeBecome gainfully employedBuy a carLose virginityGet drunk for the first time
I'm not good at feelings.

Re: Put these events in order.

• Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Meet DHLose VirginityGet drunk for the first timeMove out of parent's house for goodGraduate HSBecome gainfully employedGet PGBuy carGet engagedGet marriedGet PGHave baby #1Buy houseGet divorcedGet engagedGet married
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meet BF
    Lose virginity
    Buy a car
    Graduate high school (get GED)
    Start college
    (Where I am now...I haven't gotten too far!)
    Graduate College
    Get engaged
    Move out of parent's house for good
    Become gainfully employed
    Get married
    Buy a house (condo/TH)
    Get PG (pregnant?)
    Have baby #1 (or #2 or #3)

White Knot
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So far***Buy a car (used)Graduate high schoolStart collegeLose virginityGet drunk for the first timeGraduate collegeMeet FIBecome gainfully employedMove out of parents' house for goodGet engaged Soon to come ***Get married (next year)Find a better job Buy a house (hopefully w/in 2 years)Get a puppyGet PG (hopefully w/in 3 years)Have baby #1Get PG again (no clue when)Have baby #2 ETA: **
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Graduate high school
    Start college
    Meet BF
    Get drunk for the first time
    Buy a car
    Lose virginity
    Graduate college

In the next several years:
    Get engaged

Get married
    Buy a house (condo/TH)

Never happening:
    Get PG

• Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    The order that my life has been in up to this point: Graduate high schoolStart collegeGet drunk for the first time (and go skiing immediately after)Meet boyfriendGraduate collegeLose virginityBecome gainfully employedMove out of parents' house for goodBuy a house
    Yet to come: Get engaged
    Get marriedGet pregnantHave babies

No clue when this will happen:

Buy a car. I've driven my car for almost 11 years now and will continue to drive it until it no longer makes financial sense to have it. As of now, I'm quite pleased with my New Beetle.

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Graduate high school (get GED)Start collegeMeet BFGraduate collegeBecome gainfully employed Move out of parent's house for good

Get engaged
    Get married

Lose virginity

Buy a house (condo/TH)

Get PG

I got rid of "Get drunk for the first time" since I haven't gotten drunk and I don't really plan to and "buy a car" because I wasn't sure where to put it.

• Options
    kibo8kibo8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So far:
    Lose virginity
    Buy a car
    Graduate high school
    Start college
    Meet BF
    Graduate college (May!)

To come:

Get engaged
    Get married

Buy a house (condo/TH)

Get PG

• Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    edited December 2011

Done:
    Graduate HS
    Lose virginity
    Start college
    Meet BF
    Graduate college
    Buy a car

Yet to come:
    Get engaged
    Get married

Buy a house (condo/TH)

Get PG

• Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_put-events-order?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e3789e7-056f-4b9b-9dd5-09d6a9bf847aPost:1c072fbf-262e-4e4b-8b0c-d308336f44ba">Re: Put these events in order.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Things that have happened: Get drunk for the first time <strong>(8th grade, I'm a badass</strong>) Lose virginity Graduate high school  Start college Meet FI Graduate college Become gainfully employed Move out of parent's house for good Get engaged Things that have yet to happen, in the order they are supposed to: Get married   Buy a house (FI owns our apartment, but I am not on the paperwork or anything, so I'm saying that I haven't done this yet.)   Buy a car (My parents bought me a beater, then it became really unsafe, so they bought me a second car with an inheritance.  I drove that until it was totaled, and never bought a replacement.  So I've never actually bought a car myself.)   Get PG   Have baby #1 (or #2 or #3)
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

Me too, Yaga...it's the reason I can't even stand the smell of whiskey to this day.
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

So far:

Graduate high school

Start college

Lose virginity

Buy a car

Get PG

Graduate college

Buy a house 

Meet DH (FI)

Get engaged

Soon to come:
    Get married
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    For me...

Start college

Lose virginity

Graduate college

Buy a car

Meet DH (except right now he's just BF - and at this point wouldn't even be that for another year and a half)

And TBA -

Get engaged
    Get married

Buy a house (condo/TH)

Get PG

And probably in the order. Although babies may trump house, just at first.

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to add, I think there is something really special to be said about those of us that have "Get drunk for the first time" as the very first item. We be badasses.
  • Options
    caitlin.cavecaitlin.cave member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have done these:
    Graduate high school (get GED)Start collegeMeet FI
    Move out of parent's house for goodGet engaged Doing these in the future:Graduate collegeBecome gainfully employed 

Get married

Lose virginity

Buy a house (condo/TH)

Get PG

I also omitted "get drunk for the first time" because I have a mild allergy to alcohol.  Basically, if I have more than one drink, I vomit within like 10 minutes.  Not a good time.  Buying a car is  around "get married" somewhere, but I don't know how necessary it will be because FI and I both prefer public transit, and so far we haven't had any issues.

ETA: Some of the future stuff is not soon at all, like we don't plan on kids for 7+ years.

• Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Put these events in order:
    Meet DHLose virginity (I gave to ex-bf, it was not lost)
    Get drunk for the first timeGraduate high school (get GED)Start collegeGraduate collegeBecome gainfully employedMove out of parent's house for goodBuy a carGet engaged Future:
    Buy a house (condo/TH)Get marriedGet PGHave baby #1 (or #2 or #3)    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My order isn't ideal by anyone's standard, but I believe whole heartedly that you end up exactly where you are supposed to be and that everything along the way happened for a reason.  That said, I added a few things that probably (hopefully?) don't apply to the rest of you...they are in italics. 

Past:
    Lose virginity/Graduate high school 
    Start college
    Met ExH
    Became gainfully employed
    Moved out of my parents house for good
    Got Engaged
    Got Married
    Dropped out of college to care for dying Mother
    Got PG
    Had Baby #1
    Got Divorced
    Moved to apartment
    Met BF
    Moved in with BF
    Got engaged
    Got Unengaged/Moved to apartment
    Started back to school
    Reconciled with ExFI, now BF again

Future (projected order):
    Graduate College
    Get engaged
    Buy a car
    Get married  
    Buy a house 
    Get PG  
    Have baby  #2
    Get PG
    Have baby #3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_put-events-order?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e3789e7-056f-4b9b-9dd5-09d6a9bf847aPost:39e048a1-aca2-40cc-8e45-9db2cae4cb3e">Re: Put these events in order.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My order isn't ideal by anyone's standard, but I believe whole heartedly that <strong>you end up exactly where you are supposed to be and that everything along the way happened for a reason</strong>.  That said, I added a few things that probably (hopefully?) don't apply to the rest of you...they are in italics.  Past: Get drunk for the first time Lose virginity/Graduate high school  Start college Met ExH Became gainfully employed Moved out of my parents house for good Got Engaged Got Married Dropped out of college to care for dying Mother Got PG Had Baby #1 Got Divorced Moved to apartment Met BF Moved in with BF Got engaged Got Unengaged/Moved to apartment Started back to school Reconciled with ExFI, now BF again Future (projected order): Graduate College Get engaged Buy a car Get married   Buy a house  Get PG   Have baby  #2 Get PG Have baby #3
    Posted by dwest2201[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree with you. There are some things in my life that people might think I should regret, or go back and change if I could, but I don't think anyone is the person they are without all the less-than-ideal things that happen along the way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Graduate high school (get GED)Start collegeMeet DHLose virginityBuy a carMove out of parent's house for goodGet engaged*********************^all happened so farGraduate collegeGet drunk for the first time (I know, I've never actually been drunk, it's crazy)Become gainfully employedGet married**********************^happening within the next yearBuy a house (condo/TH)**********************^hopefully soon afterGet PGHave baby #1 (or #2 or #3)*********************^quite a few years away
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    caitlin.cavecaitlin.cave member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_put-events-order?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e3789e7-056f-4b9b-9dd5-09d6a9bf847aPost:3edc6361-cc7f-4b61-8e5a-46cb410da5ba">Re: Put these events in order.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put these events in order. : I absolutely agree with you. There are some things in my life that people might think I should regret, or go back and change if I could, but I don't think anyone is the person they are without all the less-than-ideal things that happen along the way.
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

Even if there are things you <em>would </em>change, what good does it do to regret them?  For a while after ExBF and I broke up, I (very immaturely) thought that if I could go back, I would just walk away from him instead of dating him, but I've come to realize that I learned so much from that relationship about what I <em>don't</em> want/what doesn't work.  Now that I'm with someone who's actually willing to work with me and communicate, and help me with those things, I'm very glad I dated him because I don't think I would have learned these lessons as quickly.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

DONE:

Lose virginity

Graduate high school

Start college

Graduate college

Meet FI

Buy a car

Get engaged

FUTURE:
    Get married

Buy a house (condo/TH)

Get PG

I'm so excited to be in the badass club :)

• Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    edited December 2011
    Things I've already done: (with some added stuff)
    Get drunk for the first time*Meet 1st serious BF (who I dated for 3 years and thought would marry...bleh)
    Graduate high schoolLose virginity (this could be a long story...but I'll put it here to make things easier)Start college**Have horrible break up with 1st BF, spend a year single and learn a TON about myself.
    Meet BF (who I hope will one day become FI and DH :))
     Things I will do within the next few months:
    Graduate college (done in 4 weeks, woo!!!)
     Move out of parent's house for good (moving in January!)Become gainfully employed (*crosses fingers*) Things I plan to do in the next few years in this order:
    Get engaged

**Move in with BF, who will then be FI
    Get married

Buy a house (condo/TH)

Get PG

Have baby #1

Get PG

Have baby #2

Buy a car (I put this off by itself because my parents bought a car for me in HS and I plan on driving it until it falls apart - it's only 5 years old now so I've got tons of time)

And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_put-events-order?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e3789e7-056f-4b9b-9dd5-09d6a9bf847aPost:1e0fa696-1dd1-4155-903a-ac08bbe5e8ba">Re: Put these events in order.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put these events in order. : Even if there are things you would change, what good does it do to regret them?  For a while after ExBF and I broke up, I (very immaturely) thought that if I could go back, I would just walk away from him instead of dating him, but I've come to realize that I learned so much from that relationship about what I don't want/what doesn't work.  Now that I'm with someone who's actually willing to work with me and communicate, and help me with those things, I'm very glad I dated him because I don't think I would have learned these lessons as quickly.
    Posted by caitlin.cave[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. There are certain things that people might think I would want to change/take back if I could, but I really wouldn't. I totally agree that you can learn a lot from most "mistakes" or hard times in life.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Done:

Lose virginity

Start college

Graduate college

Buy a car

Buy a house (condo/TH)

Meet DH

Not Done yet...

Get engaged

Get married

Get PG

in that order, wow.  I've realized I've accomplished quite a few great things here.  why is it we sometimes focus on the things we haven't done yet, as opposed to the wonderful things we have accomplished...

Anniversary

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Get drunk for first timeLose virginityGraduate HS Start collegeBuy a carGraduate college Working on:Become gainfully employedMove out of parents house for goodMeet DHGet engagedGet marriedBuy a houseGet PGHave babies
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Buy a car
    Meet DHGraduate high schoolStart college

Get engaged
    Soon to come (in the order):
    Graduate college

Get marriedLose virginityBuy a house (condo/TH)Get PGHave baby #1 (or #2 or #3)
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011

So far-

Lose virginity

Buy a car

Start college

Meet DH

Get PG

Have baby #1

In the next month or two-

Get engaged

In two years-

Buy a house (condo/TH)
    Get married

Graduate college

And then-

Get PG

Have baby #2

Looks like I've done things a little backwards, but everything has turned out pretty great so far :)

• Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Done:
    Meet BFLose virginityGet drunk for the first timeGraduate high schoolStart collegeGraduate collegeMove out of parent's house for goodBecome gainfully employedQuit real job to go back to school for a Master's for some reason and be a poor student again (j/k... kinda) Not yet:Get engaged
    Get marriedBuy a house (condo/TH) Maybe:Get PGHave baby #1 (or #2 or #3) Buy a car - I'm weird and don't really like to drive. I've had a car before, but I actually prefer not having one most of the time. I can't say for sure whether I'll ever buy one just for myself, it would probably be a joint purchase with BF at some point...
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has happened Meet FILose virginityGraduate high school (get GED)Start collegeGet drunk for the first time (I was 21 and in Germany. wOOt absinthe!)Graduate collegeBuy a house (condo/TH)Move out of parent's house for goodGet engaged Yet to happenBecome gainfully employed (I work two part time jobs at the moment. Busting my ass working 45 hours a week for minimum wage with a master's degree heck yeah).Buy a car (I walk every where. If it isn't in walking distance, I don't go or wait till FI is free)Get married Don't know if it will happen yetGet PGHave baby #1 (or #2 or #3) 
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_put-events-order?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e3789e7-056f-4b9b-9dd5-09d6a9bf847aPost:ba77c476-448f-4d11-8151-298f65f16d66">Re: Put these events in order.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Get drunk for the first time (I was 21 and in Germany. wOOt absinthe!)
    Posted by deburnin[/QUOTE]
    Awwwwww yiss. One of our good friends was in the UK for her summer abroad this past summer and she was kind enough to bring back some absinthe so that Tyler could have his first taste. It was good times.

• Options
    meamollymeamolly member
    edited December 2011
       Lose virginityGet drunk for the first timeGraduate high school (get GED)Become gainfully employedStart collegeGraduate collegeBuy a carMeet BF Yet to happen

Get engaged
    Get married

Buy a house (condo/TH)

Get PG

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Get drunk for the first timeLose virginityGraduate high school (get GED)Start collegeGet engagedMove out of parent's house for goodGet un-engagedMove back in parent's house  Buy a car

Meet FI

Get engaged

Graduate college (in 3 weeks)

To Do:

Buy a house (condo/TH)

Get married

Get PG

Become gainfully employed (full time)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.