Not Engaged Yet
Options

A tidbit about my morning.

It took me 45 minutes to drive 6.5 miles today...Hrm. Snow is the equivalent of bay area traffic?

How are you feeling today? Tell me something totally random.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: A tidbit about my morning.

• Options
    Oh well I woke to a dusting on our driveway, itll be gone soon!

Boss seemed to give two craps about what I got him for xmas (gift certificate to a wine bar, which I know he drinks wine, and a can of mixed nuts which will be gone before the end of day fri) Hello a thank you would be nice!

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm feeling blah because of work, and anxious because I want to go home and snuggle with my puppy.

Random?  A blue whale's tongue can weigh as much as an elephant.
  • Options
    We have no snow. And we're supposed to go skiing on Christmas. We'll see how that one works out.

My day has been boring. FI has been working a lot and I've had off, so it's been a lot of sitting at home with the cat. lol. I did have dinner last night with some friends I haven't seen in a few months, which is nice. I'm supposed to make cookies for the holidays today, but I don't feel like it. But FI will be upset if I don't because he owes co workers cookies. Well if he owes them cookies, HE should make them! Ugh, but he has no time because of work. I guess I'll be a good little house wifey this week...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Everyone is my office so so slap-happy. It's our last day until next Tuesday so we're all ready to get out of her STAT. Someone brought it breakfast pizza. It was amazing, as usual.

I met a girl whose name really was Tapainga. She was just a kid so I'm assuming her mother was a big Boy Meets World fan.
  • Options

Stina- Boo to your boss! That sounds like a great gift!!

moto- When do you get to go home? Also- the blue whale tounge fact is darn interesting.

yaga- Oh my gosh...that made my morning. HAHA...I'm sorry. But thinking about you driving with your head out of the window is just hilarious! Boss man did say he was going to let me go early so I can drive home before it gets dark.

swhite- What kind of cookies are you going to make? ;)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tidbit-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:51f2c4d0-760a-424a-add9-c2db41ed7df5Post:0e554c84-5c10-4702-a0c1-e7ca3c2955fe">Re: A tidbit about my morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone is my office so so slap-happy. It's our last day until next Tuesday so we're all ready to get out of her STAT. Someone brought it breakfast pizza. It was amazing, as usual. I met a girl whose name really was Tapainga. She was just a kid so I'm assuming her mother was a big Boy Meets World fan.
    Posted by MLekathLEEN[/QUOTE]

Yeah- I'll be out of the office until Tuesday, as well. It's just me and my bod in the office. It's SO Hard to find motivation to work...which is why I'm kinda bitter I had to drive in today.

Do tell me more about this breakfast pizza... I'm having chocolate/carmel covered popcorn for breakfast.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish we had snow... Its been overcast and drizzly with highs of 45 lows of like 35 for days :(

Today I got to work at 7am to help with our holiday coffee break we have for a tenants every year. I've eaten 2 cheese danish, 2 blueberry muffins, and a raspberry scone in the last 5 hrs Embarassed (they were all small in my defense). One good thing is I think we are going to leave at like 3 or 3:30 today! :)

Random: It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It hasn't snowed here a bit!
    Which, honestly, in light of my recent car fiasco, I am MORE than happy about!

Everything is actually going smoothly with the car, people have been really friendly on the phone and very helpful which I appreciate because I know how much of a pain it can be to work in customer service.

My mentor teacher cut out early today so I just have to teach one more class and I'm OUTTA HERE at 2:15. Woo!

One more day of undergrad! I got goodbye hugs from some of my freshman girls today, aww :)
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tidbit-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:51f2c4d0-760a-424a-add9-c2db41ed7df5Post:b5fac5bf-231b-46d9-a8ab-d70a404f9c45">Re: A tidbit about my morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE] moto- When do you get to go home? Also- the blue whale tounge fact is darn interesting.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

I get out of work at 5 it is currently 10:30 right now.  I  have to stop by the store on the way home to get some supplies to make sweet and salty for FI's work tomorrow.  Bleh, I have tons of random marine biology facts.  Such as one of a sea cucumbers defense mechanisms is to vomit up some of it internal organs in hopes that the predator will go after that so that it can crawl off and live to regrow the organs. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tidbit-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:51f2c4d0-760a-424a-add9-c2db41ed7df5Post:50e67d9b-1648-4b7a-b351-256e518658bb">Re: A tidbit about my morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A tidbit about my morning. : I get out of work at 5 it is currently 10:30 right now.  I  have to stop by the store on the way home to get some supplies to make sweet and salty for FI's work tomorrow.  Bleh, I have tons of random marine biology facts.  <strong>Such as one a sea cucumbers defense mechanisms is to vomit up some of it internal organs in hopes that the predator will go after that so that it can crawl off and live to regrow the organs. 
    </strong>Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

Really? huh... that's a little odd lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tidbit-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:51f2c4d0-760a-424a-add9-c2db41ed7df5Post:b1397866-c861-4bef-8c69-049d88491f96">Re: A tidbit about my morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A tidbit about my morning. : Really? huh... that's a little odd lol
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

The kids at the aqurium that I used to teach/work at loved these odd and gross facts.  Hahaha...I used to tell them this fact and then afterwards tell them its good luck to kiss the sea cucmber.  I woudl think all kids would go ahead and kiss the cucmber but some of them just chicken out. 
  • Options
    No snow here. Just rain. Plenty of rain. I close tonight at work (which I hate, because it almost always means never going home on time), and I'm just killing time until I have to start getting ready.

Random fact: A hippopotamus is as big around as it is long. (Thanks, Zoobooks!)
  • Options
    No snow here, it's 55 degrees and sunny (doesn't feel like Christmas, bleh). Hardly anyone's in the office so it's b-o-r-i-n-g. I spent time yesterday looking at job postings and now I'm thinking I'm going to apply for one.

Random fact: When I lived in Greenville, SC, I once didn't have to go into work because it had snowed the night before and I lived in a condo on a hill. If I had gone down the hill, it was a t-intersection and I would have gone into the trees. If I had tried to go up, I would have lost traction in my little Saturn and ended up sliding backwards down the hill into the trees. I got to stay home until noon when the snow/ice melted off. Yay me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    No snow here either... I don't think we've had any snow yet this year other than a few sprinkles here and there! Yesterday I was outside sweeping the deck and playing witht he dog while barefoot and wearing short sleeves, it was awesome. It's supposed to be in the upper 40s/low 50s for the next 10 days according to the weather channel. I'm pumped!

I'm even more excited because it should be in the 40s when I go to the Bengals game on Jan 1. I was worried it would be super cold. Hopefully it doesn't rain though, haha.

• Options
    To the co-worker who brought her 7 yr old daughter to work this afternoon, please bring her home. She is annoying the hell out of me!

Lunar-he has still not said anything. He is however out Christmas shopping, hmmm maybe he's shopping for me! Its nice working for the boss/owner sometimes, but not all the time and this is one of those not all of the times.

• Options
    Lunar I believe that yes that would be equivilant to driving down good ole 880 on Monday morning...however a week like this week and next week are a CA commuters dream because it's a freakin ghost town which means my 30min commute just turned into 15!  Hello starbucks on the way to work :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm supremely irritated because the VP of my company just sent out an email basically saying that since the last day of work before Christmas is not Christmas Eve this year, he isn't letting us out early for the day. Oh, we can leave if we request to go home and use our vacation hours, but he isn't closing the office at 2 like normal.

I think that's kinda sh!tty and cheap of him. It's bad enough we stay open for the week when none of our customers will be open, but now he can't even let us out early the day before Christmas Eve? Grinch.

My direct supervisor has 2 days off next week, which he took despite telling me he wouldn't because my counterpart has the week off and I will already be mostly alone as it is. I let that go, because he has kids so I would want the same consideration if I did as well. But bet your ass he will duck out early tomorrow and ask me to cover for him if the VP asks where he is. Now THAT pisses me off.

Also, no snow. It's freaking 50 something in Boston right now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tidbit-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:51f2c4d0-760a-424a-add9-c2db41ed7df5Post:b4e52370-23c0-4406-a194-c5fceabb9e7d">A tidbit about my morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]  How are you feeling today? Tell me something totally random.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

I'm sad. Both of my parents called me today crying about missing their parents around the holidays. All of their parents are deceased.  I can't wait to see them this weekend and give them hugs. One of my friends lost her husband 10 days ago to cancer - I went to high school with both of them. Greg's dad is still in not so good shape. I'm a little blue today - I feel like a storm is surrounding me and challening my emotional capability.

I hate lima beans with the passion of a sun.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tidbit-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:51f2c4d0-760a-424a-add9-c2db41ed7df5Post:01568ccb-6a1e-4be4-b1c7-22b005303c39">Re: A tidbit about my morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to A tidbit about my morning. : I'm sad. Both of my parents called me today crying about missing their parents around the holidays. All of their parents are deceased.  I can't wait to see them this weekend and give them hugs. One of my friends lost her husband 10 days ago to cancer - I went to high school with both of them. Greg's dad is still in not so good shape. I'm a little blue today - I feel like a storm is surrounding me and challening my emotional capability. I hate lima beans with the passion of a sun.
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry you are feeling blue love :( I'm sending you hugs and vibes and rainbows :)
  • Options
    Nursey- *hugs*  I am sorry you are feeling down.  *hugs*

MLekathLEEN- I am so glad to see you around.  I have missed you!!

Lunar-  That sucks about the snow driving.  It is still sunny and beautiful here in CA. 
    Random Fact: I am double jointed in three fingers on each hand.  My fingers look like witches fingers when I do it. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Last year when it snowed, my normally 15 minute, 7 mile commute took over two hours. People in Tennessee have NO idea how to properly snow drive. If I were alone on the road, I'd have made it in thirty minutes, but nooooo. I still made it the damn Thunderdome though. I was weaving in and out of traffic with music blasting and avoiding all of the people who had stalled or allowed themselves to stop and got stuck.

But I still want snow. My Vermont bones ache for snow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards