Not Engaged Yet
Options

Anniversary ideas...

BF and I will be celebrating our 9 year anniversary one week from today!! We will also be stuck on a plane all day on our way to Japan. Its a family vacation, and as such I'm not sure that we'll able to take a few hours to celebrate by ourselves (his family is weird like that, don't ask.)

I want to do something nice for him before we leave, but I'm kind of at a loss. I don't have much money, so a night on the town or a big present is out. He's not really 'sentimental' so a framed picture of us or a romantic playlist might not be his cup of tea. 

I was thinking of just making us a fancy dinner Tuesday night (last day before we leave.) But what to make? (Maybe engagement chicken-lolz)

You ladies are wise, so I ask you- Have I over looked an affordable gift idea? Do you have any menu ideas?  Any wine ideas? Any sexy time tips (I know enought to include that in ANY celebration)?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anniversary ideas...

• Options
    If you're short on cash, what about some loose tea? My BF has been drinking a lot of it lately and we have a small anniversary coming up, so I was going to get one of those special loose tea mugs from David's tea, and a selection of loose teas I think he might enjoy. It's not a huge present, but one I think he'll appreciate. And there's some thought put in because I had to think about what he might like...

Whenever we do a nice dinner I usually get some nice steaks (like a rib eye from the butcher, not the grocery store), make garlic mashed potatoes or mini roast potatoes and the broccoli casserole my BF loves. I'l also either make a nice dessert (often home made pudding) or pick one up from a local bakery.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Oh, I like the speical dessert idea. BF's not a sweets fan, but he loves good cheese and port after dinner. Maybe I'll make a simple dinner and bring out the fancy cheese and port for dessert! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Another vote for the homemade dinner with a relaxing after dinner treat (cheese, port, bedroom nomnoms ;} ) will be nice. I'm personally a fan of a nice body oil, full-body massage, with some aroma therapy candles. Even if he isn't big on romance, I am SURE his body would love to be rubbed (NO PUN INTENDED!). It is also a great lead into bedroom nomnoms. You can get fairly inexpensive body oils and scented candles at Walmart (okay so maybe they aren't really aroma-therapy... but so what! lol)

ETA: Enjoy Japan! Where abouts are you going?

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We didn't want to spend $$ for our anniversary, so I just cooked a nice meal, watched a movie and relaxed together.  We did also go skiing, but since its where we work it's free.  

I love when BF gives me backrubs, so if he has something like that he really likes, toss that in :)

I hope you have a fabulous trip and anniversary!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards