Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Booking an officiant who has another wedding the same day..

Hi Ladies,
after searching around for officiants I found one who sounds really great! He has a TON of 5 star reviews on weddingwire. After being in contact with him, I learned that he has another ceremony at 4:00 pm (mine is at 6:00pm). I googled mapped where this other wedding is and it's 38 minutes away(eek!). He said he would have no problem doing both ceremoes on the same day BUT I feel a little hesitant ?(what is there's road construction, an accident, the first ceremony runs over or starts late,etc...) 

Like I said, I really think he would make our ceremony great but is it worth the risk ??
--------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Booking an officiant who has another wedding the same day..

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    So -- he wants to perform a ceremony at 5, get in the car by 5:22, arrive at 6:00 on the dot and marry you guys?

There's no way.  

The 5:00 wedding may not start on time, there could be traffic, and you do NOT want him waltzing in seconds before your ceremony starts.   

If you can, change your ceremony to 7:00 -- that's the earliest I would go with an officiant who has another wedding at 5:00 a 38-minute drive away.
    DSC_9275
  • oh shoot! I mistyped the first ceremony time (I'm on night shift this week, I'm blaming that :) ) ...The other one starts at 4:00 pm . So that might be okay then hmm
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wouldn't take the risk. 

Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • I wouldn't do it either.  Weddings can start late and you have no idea how well the first wedding is being planned, if everyone shows up on time, etc.  I wouldn't do it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_booking-an-officiant-who-has-another-wedding-the-same-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:ce759de7-1dbc-4789-84b7-66b3b52ec0d0Post:1c90a716-dc2c-410d-993a-a0d3c95e20e4">Re: Booking an officiant who has another wedding the same day..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't do it either.  Weddings can start late and you have no idea how well the first wedding is being planned, if everyone shows up on time, etc.  I wouldn't do it.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

You also have not idea what traffic is going to be like.  Where I am, one car accident can back up traffic for a half hour.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • I wouldn't risk it.  Our officiant had a strict one wedding a day policy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Too risky.   Like others said, the other ceremony could be running late, the officiant could get caught up in traffic.
  • Our officiant actually has 2 other weddings that day, but the one is 3.5 hours before ours, and the other is 3 hours after and they're all within an hour or so of each other so I'm not too worried about it. If you like him, and the reviews are good, I would trust that he'll be there on time.
  • Well my advice would be don't use him. You already have enough to worry about the day of to have to worry if the officiant isn't there on time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards