Not Engaged Yet

Phone Recommendations

My two-year contract with my phone is almost up (yay!). I have the Droid right now but I'm not convinced I want to stick with Droid so I thought I'd ask you ladies for your recommendations. Oh but I will NOT get an I-phone. I don't buy Apple products.

Re: Phone Recommendations

• I just don't buy into the whole Apple fad. It's not something I'm going to sit around and debate with people over. I realize some people love Apple. I am not one of them.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_phone-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5b7d5d3f-7c18-41da-8411-9e0931de3b21Post:1acef867-9602-4b99-b648-743a2f1b1eeb">Re: Phone Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just nothing made by Samsung.  This is my second Samsung phone and I hate it.  (It's a Droid.)  I hated the last Samsung I had too, but I was distracted by the "cool" features this phone had.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

My MP3 player was a samsung device and I had SO many problems with it.

• I get that question a lot. It gets really old and annoying.

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_phone-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5b7d5d3f-7c18-41da-8411-9e0931de3b21Post:96a88584-9eb3-478a-84f0-7f5a05c8b6c6">Re: Phone Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phone Recommendations : I was an idiot for buying this phone.  I blamed the issues for the other phone on the fact that it was a Windows smart phone.  No no, it was the fact that it was a Samsung phone. ANYWAY. Anthony has the HTC Droid Incredible and his only complaint was battery life.  If the HTC Droid Incredible 2 (or whatever the newest version is) has a better battery life, you can check that out.<strong> I always compare phone features on the Verizon website before I buy.</strong>
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

Good idea.

• edited March 2012
    I am an Apple person, but before I had my iPhone, I had predominantly LG phones (minus an unfortunate short time with a Palm). I absolutely loved LG. I'm not sure what their products are now though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have the HTC Thunderbolt & I love it most of the time.  The battery sucks but you have a Droid now so you should be used to it. 

• I have the Droid Razr. I hate it. The battery SUCKS (you can ask Liv, RDR, Sousa, etc about how many times I've said "sorry, my phone died." or "I'm out, and my phone is going to die!" It's at least once a day.)

It's fast, because it's 4G, but you can get other 4G phones, so I don't think that matters.

Regardless of your unnecessary & frankly, unfounded, hatred of iPhones (which, as far as I can tell, is because you don't want to be "trendy" by buying an Apple product) - that is the only phone I will recommend. I would give anything - the faster 4G, losing all my apps, hell, I'd manually input all of my numbers again - if I could just have my iPhone back.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Liv - I honestly don't see how I was rude. I'm sorry if you read it that way but all I did was state that I don't like Apple in general so that if someone was going to suggest it they wouldn't waste their time with it. I have a lot of reasons for not liking Apple but this isn't the time I want to get into so I gave a short answer.

Swhite/Yaga - I used to have an LG phone that I loved too. That might be a good route to go.

edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_phone-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5b7d5d3f-7c18-41da-8411-9e0931de3b21Post:ee2766fe-71a8-4172-9bf0-6436d7490f7b">Re: Phone Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have the Droid Razr. I hate it. The battery SUCKS (you can ask Liv, RDR, Sousa, etc about how many times I've said "sorry, my phone died." or "I'm out, and my phone is going to die!" It's at least once a day.) It's fast, because it's 4G, but you can get other 4G phones, so I don't think that matters.<strong> Regardless of your unnecessary & frankly, unfounded, hatred of iPhones (which, as far as I can tell, is because you don't want to be "trendy" by buying an Apple product) - that is the only phone I will recommend.</strong> I would give anything - the faster 4G, losing all my apps, hell, I'd manually input all of my numbers again - if I could just have my iPhone back.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

Actually it's not because I don't want to be "trendy". A lot of it is not wanting to pay extra just for a name and a lot of it is that almost everyone I know who has an iphone hates it. Frankly I've gotten enough input (from both sides) about the iphone to know it isn't the phone for me already so I asked about other phones.

edited March 2012
    Haha...I don't think I need another horrible Samsung product. The MP3 player causes me enough headaches!

• I love my iPhone.  I had an HTC Droid as my last smartphone and hated it though.  I think the thing had to be replaced about 15 times in a year and a half because the hardware just wasn't up to par.  It was bad.
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_phone-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5b7d5d3f-7c18-41da-8411-9e0931de3b21Post:fea52bf5-5d67-454c-9461-7bd727e1793b">Re: Phone Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just don't buy into the whole Apple fad. It's not something I'm going to sit around and debate with people over. I realize some people love Apple. I am not one of them.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

This right here, says you don't buy into the "fad". AKA Apple is trendy. If you have a legitimate reason for hating Apple, fine, but I haven't seen one.

Also, I don't know what's wrong with people you know with iPhones, but I don't know ONE person who hates their iPhone. Everyone I work with (except for us idiots who broke their iPhones & had to get Droids), and probably 90% of my friends, have iPhones, and no one dislikes them. I definitely know of more people trading in Droids/Samsungs/LG/etc for iPhones than the other way around.

*******************************************************************************************

• Bri - You are being ridiculous about this. So what I don't want an iphone? Even if it was true, so what if they only reason I don't want an iphone is to not be trendy, I am totally within my rights to have that opinion without you jumping down my throat. I'm not judging you for liking it. I never said no one should ever buy an iphone. And yes I do think Apple trendy but there are other reasons I don't like Apple. I've never had good experience with Apple products. There isn't something wrong with me or the people I know it's just a different experience. Would you keep using a company that you've had negative experiences with?

Thank-you to everyone who gave me some input. I haven't decided anything yet, I still have some time to think everything over.

• Tarra - I will agree that my first response to Liv may have come off harsher than I intended but I still don't think Bri needed to get as hostile as she did about. If you love your iphone then great! It's awesome to have a phone you love but seriously it's just not a phone I'm considering.

• Damn, it feels like Tyler's in here with the rabid anti-Apple sentiment. I'm... I'm just gonna sit over here with my iPhone and stroke it. My family's been all Mac since 1984, so I don't understand people bein' all hater about it. I don't hate on PCs, so I don't see why people hate on Macs.

I love my iPhone. I've had no problems. Tyler has a Droid and has had problems that he cannot have fixed without sending it off. There's something comforting about being able to take my phone to the Genius Bar near my house and have it fixed.

• I'm not hostile at all, and I never jumped down your throat. I was giving my reasoning & experiences - since I have had both. I think I gave you legitimate input. So, you're welcome :-)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_phone-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5b7d5d3f-7c18-41da-8411-9e0931de3b21Post:8efd6de7-efd9-48a7-978b-0eaa931b403f">Re: Phone Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Damn, it feels like Tyler's in here with the rabid anti-Apple sentiment. I'm... I'm just gonna sit over here with my iPhone and stroke it. My family's been all Mac since 1984, so I don't understand people bein' all hater about it. I don't hate on PCs, so I don't see why people hate on Macs. I love my iPhone. I've had no problems.<strong> Tyler has a Droid and has had problems that he cannot have fixed without sending it off. There's something comforting about being able to take my phone to the Genius Bar near my house and have it fixed</strong>.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

This. When my iPhone broke, I took it into the Apple Store & they said "we can't fix it, but here's a BRAND NEW PHONE." No questions asked. This was after they tried to fix it, because they knew I didn't want to have to get a Droid.

There are obviously going to be issues with ANY phone you get. None of them are perfect. You just have to find the one whose issues you're willing to deal with more.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards