Not Engaged Yet
Options

First birthday party gift ideas

It's my cousins first birthday party this weekend and I was wondering what is a good 1st birthday gift. Since Mutley is around today ( and anyone else who has ever been to a first bday party, unlike me). My mom has already gotten her a bond but I wanted to get her a toy or something not completely practical like a bond.

Re: First birthday party gift ideas

• Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Dumb question. What's a bond?

I got my friend's daughter clothes, but that's because I love shopping for baby clothes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think she means a savings bond. 

Let me see if I can find what I posted for Liv a couple of weeks back. 

This is one of G's favorite 1st Birthday presents.  It is actually NOT annoyingly noisy.  Hehe. 

Wooden Drum
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's the link to Liv's post.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bond = Savings Bond.  My son has a few of those already, we tell him it's "money for college".  He will appreciate it one day, I appreciate it already!

I usually try to gear the present towards the family...if they're big sports fans then a cute onesie or bib with their team, if they're into the organic/all natural stuff then respect that...get all natural products like wodden toys etc.  Usually babies have very lfew toys before their first birthday so toys go over well, with the little one atleast!

Also, don't know if this would apply or not, but BF's sister breastfed exclusively for 11 1/2 months so we got MOM a bottle of Champagne for her daughters first birthday!  She had had a couple drinks after bed but that was the first time she was drunk in almost 2 years!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm gong to 2 first b days this month, both girls. For the one my friend and I were thinking of chipping in for one of those bikes they push themselves around on with their feet. The other one I will probably get some kind of smaller (but not noisy and annoying) toy. I'm not 100% sure yet, its so hard to think of stuff for a one year old :)
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for ideas and thanks for postig that link Mutley, I thought someone had mentioned something about baby birthdays awhile back.
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I thought it was some sort of baby-care thing. I'm horribly ignorant about all that (and intend to stay that way).

I am familiar with the savings bond (and have one from my grandparents somewhere). It just would never even cross my mind as a gift.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I got my nieces and nephews a riding toy for their 1st birthdays and it ended up being their favorite.  They sell them everywhere, fisher price makes a bunch if different ones you can pick from.  I think it's around $20.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards