Not Engaged Yet

Never watch the movie "Catfish"...

Hello my ladies!

I've been a little MIA due to sickness, overwhelming school work and such but I just have to put this out there and possibly fan the flames on the board a little (for talking purposes only)

Mike and I watched: 'CATFISH' last night. I had seen the previews like a million times so my brother "found it" for me so I we could watch it. If you've never heard of it you can read about it here: http://www.fandango.com/catfish_v507353/summary

I should have sucked it up and dealt with being sick, seeing Paranormal Activity 2. I swear to God this was the weirdest, most pointless, anti-climatic piece of crap I have ever watched. It was terrible. I usually love movies like this but it just was not ANYTHING like I expected.

The only other movie I have seen close to this crap was "SkinWalkers" <--- don't judge I wanted to see a movie and it was the only thing out I hadn't seen.
I should have known when the ticket guy advised me to not purchase the ticket that it was going to be horrendous but I didn't listen. I ended up making it 35 mins then got up and left.

This brings me to the question:
What's the WORST movie you have ever seen? So bad that you would like to write a letter to the distribution company and ask for "X" amount of hours of your life back? Why was it so bad?

**ETA I am finally a Bronze poster!**
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Never watch the movie &amp;quot;Catfish&amp;quot;...

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Its a tie between a night at the roxbury and black daihla.  Ugh I need to just erase my memory now.
  • edited December 2011
    I saw something on 20/20 about "Catfish". It seemed very weird, I don't think I would enjoy that movie either.
    imageAnniversary
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    The other day I watched The Back-Up Plan (the one with Jennifer Lopez).  In general, I don't expect much from chick flicks -- just a little cheesy comedy and a feel good ending and I'm generally satisfied.  This movie, however, was so awful I was angry at myself for watching the whole thing.  I felt like the actors had literally read the script once before filming.  There was no chemistry and everything was forced, even the plot.  If you haven't wasted your time on it already, don't.
  • edited December 2011
    Lyn, I never saw Black Dahlia but I had a feeling I was going to hate it. lol. Thank you for confirming!

Bakes: Weird isn't even the word to describe this monstrosity - it just made no sense. Honestly, Mike and I were like WTF? The whole time and when it was over he looked at me and said: "You didn't think that was good, did you?" I was just. ugh. I don't even know. Pointless.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wing Commander. Worst. Movie. Ever. When the credits rolled at the end I said "It's the best part of the move." The people I was with agreed.

Oh and DH and I tried to watch Sideways. That was pretty horrendous too. I don't even think we made it halfway through before we shut it off.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_never-watch-movie-catfish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5fe0b97b-4436-47c2-b7f3-8646e8d3d6f9Post:f4c9ffef-2a56-49e9-9476-1adcc22376d2">Re: Never watch the movie "Catfish"...</a>:
    [QUOTE]The other day I watched The Back-Up Plan (the one with Jennifer Lopez).  In general, I don't expect much from chick flicks -- just a little cheesy comedy and a feel good ending and I'm generally satisfied.  This movie, however, was so awful I was angry at myself for watching the whole thing.  I felt like the actors had literally read the script once before filming.  There was no chemistry and everything was forced, even the plot.  If you haven't wasted your time on it already, don't.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Really Elle? I kind of wanted to see that! Honestly anything with Jennifer Lopez in it feels forced to me - Maid in Manhattan for instance. The only movie of hers I liked was "Enough". I can see how it would be terrible though. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_never-watch-movie-catfish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5fe0b97b-4436-47c2-b7f3-8646e8d3d6f9Post:a7da34ce-80fa-4e57-b9a0-5df72d0d63c7">Re: Never watch the movie "Catfish"...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wing Commander. Worst. Movie. Ever. When the credits rolled at the end I said "It's the best part of the move." The people I was with agreed. Oh and DH and I tried to watch Sideways. That was pretty horrendous too. I don't even think we made it halfway through before we shut it off.
    Posted by loopy82[/QUOTE]

Loop, what the hell is Wing Commander? Do I even want to know? LOL.
    I can't remember if I saw Sideways (was that the one with all the couples and someone worked in a coffee shop or something)? Horrible synopsis I know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I like Sideways!  But I'll admit that I wasn't that into it the first time I saw it.  It took me a while to used to that style of movie.  The last time I saw it, though, I really enjoyed it.

Dreamer - I agree with your general assessment on JLo's films, but I actually somewhat liked The Wedding Planner.  The Back Up Plan was just poorly written in addition to being poorly acted; it was unbearable.  JLo looked great in it, though!  I want her body.

ETA:  Like, I want her body as my own.  Not, like, "Oh I want her".  ha.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011

Here is a synopsis I found on IMDb- It had Freddie Prinz Jr. (No, that is NOT why I went - all my friends were going -mostly guys.)
    "The descendants of the first ones to travel space are regarded as people of lesser worth. Half a millennium after the first ships launched in search of a better life, the Pilgrims still are discriminated. When the Kilrathi declare war against the human race, it is up to Christopher Blair, Pilgrim halfling, to help avoid complete annihilation. Since the Kilrathi managed to conquer a Navcom unit, they know the jump coordinates to Earth. And since the terran fleet is two hours further away from home than the Kilrathi fleet, the only hope of Mankind is to set trust in a Pilgrim, who can astrogate by feeling and does not need a Navcom unit - it's all genetics."

Sideways - My synopsis - About guys who like wine. Here is a better(?) synopsis.
    "Miles is a failed writer living a meager existence in San Diego as an English teacher. With his career seemingly fading and the fate of a book hinging on a publisher's decision, Miles is depressed with himself and what he hasn't achieved. Jack is a television actor whom some recognize but not many do, as if he were a minor actor who got a taste of success. With his best friend Miles, the two embark on a road trip through California's wine country. Miles wants to give his friend a nice sendoff before married life, while Jack simply wants to have a fling beforehand. As they're both nearing middle age with not much to show for it, the two will explore the vineyards while ultimately searching for their identities."

• edited December 2011
    I really hated the back up plan too. I got it on netflix because I didn't want to drag BF to see it with me. I was expecting a cheesy girl movie, i was in the mood for that. but oh my word it was BAD.
    Anniversary
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty easily entertained, for the most part I can find some sort of entertainment value in any movie. But I hated March of the Penguins. It was just depressing. I really don't know why anyone liked it.

But I liked the Black Dahlia. I thought it was really good. Although it was hard to understand at times.

• MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm going to go with anything starring Jennifer Lopez.

Funny People- It wasn't even remotely funny. You would think that Judd Apatow, Adam Sandler and Seth Rogan would make a pretty funny movie but I left severely disappointed...yes, severely.

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Youth in Revolt.  Terrible, absolutely terrible.

Anniversary

• loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_never-watch-movie-catfish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5fe0b97b-4436-47c2-b7f3-8646e8d3d6f9Post:9533f453-4df1-430a-a760-c2914e2b7b87">Re: Never watch the movie "Catfish"...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to go with anything starring Jennifer Lopez. Funny People- It wasn't even remotely funny. You would think that Judd Apatow, Adam Sandler and Seth Rogan would make a pretty funny movie but I left severely disappointed...yes, severely.
    Posted by MLekathLEEN[/QUOTE]

I know that it was called Funny People and had comedians in it, but I guess IMO I don't know that it was actually supposed to be funny. Was it? I watched it a few months ago. I thought it was a decent movie.
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh I liked Funny People, too!  Apparently, I just have bad taste in movies.
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I liked Catfish, altho some parts seemed kind of long.

I didn't like Requiem For a Dream. I don't undertand how some people find that amazing. I hated Eyes Wide Shut.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Legion. I hated this movie because it went totally against everything I believe in.
    When is my wedding
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_never-watch-movie-catfish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5fe0b97b-4436-47c2-b7f3-8646e8d3d6f9Post:94af29b1-f5a1-4b7e-80b9-35c61a645a68">Re: Never watch the movie "Catfish"...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Legion. I hated this movie because it went totally against everything I believe in.
    Posted by coastiegrl25[/QUOTE]

That was on as background noise when FI and I were carving pumpkins last night.  I didn't even know what was going on half the time.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_never-watch-movie-catfish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5fe0b97b-4436-47c2-b7f3-8646e8d3d6f9Post:394ddadf-fbd3-4ad3-823c-70591018b935">Re: Never watch the movie "Catfish"...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Youth in Revolt.  Terrible, absolutely terrible.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That was a terrible movie.

@Audgie - really you liked Catfish?!?! It wasn't that it was too long in parts it was that it seemed to have no real sense about it. It was a mish-mash of things that could have been WAY better. If you're going to do a pretend documentary at least make the twist something not stupid.

Mike said - 30 days of Night and I will also say "The Strangers" - TERRIBLE ending
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    @dreamer - I thought it was an interesting look into the lengths some will go to to keep up a facade.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• CSTK1910CSTK1910 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_never-watch-movie-catfish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5fe0b97b-4436-47c2-b7f3-8646e8d3d6f9Post:e854de76-f9b2-4d2f-8300-195af62c26d9">Re: Never watch the movie "Catfish"...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Never watch the movie "Catfish"... : A Night at the Roxbury is in my top 5 favourite movies ever. I almost cried at the end the first time I saw it (I was 13).<strong> I think the worst movie I've seen is The Mist.</strong> My friends and I made a pact that we would never admit to having seen it because we were all so embarrassed afterwards. I was actually horrified this past weekend when my BF told me he saw it and liked it. That really made me question our whole relationship
    Posted by jamierobin[/QUOTE]

I HATE this movie. It made me really angry. I know it's Stephen King, but really?? That movie made me hate the world. Also The Postman. I tell everyone I know not to watch those 2 movies. Butttt I like happy movies--if I want sad or depressing, I'll just read the news.
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVED Sideways. I think it's one of the best films of the last ten years.

Worst film I've ever seen was an independent film called The Pleasure of Being Robbed.
  • edited December 2011
    "Knowing" with Nicolas Cage. I saw it at the discount theater, and wanted my dollar back. It looked interesting, looked exactly like my kind of movie, and the last five minutes killed the entire movie. My friend and I walked out feeling totally depressed and stayed that way for the rest of the evening. I don't want to feel that way when I walk out of a movie.
  • zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Open Water. That was such a boring movie. I get what they were going for, but they failed. When the credits rolled in the theater it became open season to mock it, and mock it people did. A friend of mine said that that was the first time in her life she would feel justified in asking for her money back (she didn't, but really wanted to).

I haven't seen the movie for The Mist, but I've read the novella. The novella's great, I think, but from what I've read about the movie they changed a lot of things and kind of mucked up King's usual style. So I don't intend to see it.

• edited December 2011
    The worst movie I ever saw was "You Don't Mess With the Zohan".  Worst.movie.ever.  I watched for 20 mins. then turned it off.  Watching paint dry would've had more of a point.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_never-watch-movie-catfish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5fe0b97b-4436-47c2-b7f3-8646e8d3d6f9Post:0850dbea-e86c-4db2-a619-1401b30c1448">Never watch the movie "Catfish"...</a>:
    [QUOTE] **ETA I am finally a Bronze poster!**
    Posted by nottheonlydreamer44[/QUOTE]

Yaaay!  No more noob badge for Dreamer!  I'm not far behind.
  • edited December 2011
    Caveman - it's really old and DH wanted to rent it because he remembered enjoying when he was 10 or something. It was the stupidest movie I'd ever seen - there was absolutely no dialouge.

Also SuperBad - I hate that movie. I think the whole goal was to see how many times they could say the F word in one movie.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards