Not Engaged Yet
Options

Stop me (if necessary) before I hit send...

To start off - Ely (and Ollie, I think?) - I have not forgotten about you and I will be sending out the shower/bachelorette party info that I have soon. I promise!

BFF's bachelorette is this weekend.

There are a few girls that are not attending the festivities at night, so my sister and I came up with an idea. The most fun part of the entire day, which I know my BFF will enjoy the most, is hanging out at the hotel/getting ready/chatting with everyone.

I want the daytime-only girls to feel like they can come for that, have some free drinks and snacks, without feeling like that will rope them into the evening. So we set up a scavenger hunt-type game for between lunch and the hotel - after lunch we will escape from the restaurant (after paying the bill, of course), and head to the hotel to set things up. The girls will be given an envelope with clues to find their way back to us at the hotel, where hopefully even those not coming out at night will be able to hang out and enjoy time with the bride before taking off. I really don't want her to feel like only 4 or 5 people showed up (since that is all the people who are actually going out).

I am sending out a follow-up email to everyone today, so that we all know the plan, but I wanted to 1) keep the scavenger hunt a secret, and 2) not make anyone feel guilty for not coming out later. How does this sound? Also - if there are any logistics that I'm overlooking (traveling from place to place, etc.), please point them out. Thanks!!

ETA: Oh, and for those concerned, it's supposed to be about 50 degrees on Saturday in Boston. There will only be a few "stops" on the scavenger hunt (it's supposed to be fun, not torture, after all), and they have their cars with them. It is about an 11 minute drive from the North End to the hotel.

Hi Ladies & Gentleman!

I wanted to let everyone know the final plans for this Saturday. We will be meeting at _____ in the North End for lunch at 1pm, and then doing some shopping around Faneuil Hall and enjoying the Christmas decorations. After that, around 3:30/4, I invite everyone to come back to the _____ Hotel for drinks, refreshments and conversation. I know there are some ladies that will not be able to join us for the evening/bar portion of the party, but I would like you all to feel welcome to join us back at the hotel to hang out for a while, since I'm sure this is the part Lindsey will enjoy the most anyway :) Also, the room will be decorated, and I will have some fun games, so the more the merrier!

For the ladies/gentlemen coming out at night - feel free to bring any changes of clothes and beautifying items, and we can all get ready at the hotel together. We will be going to _________Bar for drinks and dancing!

Can't wait to see you all!

Re: Stop me (if necessary) before I hit send...

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    It sounds good to me.

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yep, I think it sounds great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thinks it's great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_stop-necessary-before-hit-send?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:611f6a57-cdb2-4b3d-b51e-d26417bb9b5aPost:f9892767-9cc7-4767-b065-b12415b5ee83">Stop me (if necessary) before I hit send...</a>:
    [QUOTE]To start off - Ely (and Ollie, I think?) - I have not forgotten about you and I will be sending out the shower/bachelorette party info that I have soon. I promise!
    Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

I think it sounds fine and no worries on the party info! I've got a while, so whenever you can is absolutely fine! : )
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good to me! Also, I think the day sounds really fun too!
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think this sounds like so much fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards