Not Engaged Yet

In which I vent

1.  I need new work clothes but have no time to go out and buy any because I'm always at work.

2.  It's probably going to take me ten minutes to post this because the boards still don't work.

3. I wish money would fall out of the sky.

4.  I have a "friend" who years ago thought it would be funny to register for gifts with her close female friend for their new apartment.  Said friends did so and registered for all sorts of things which was real fun, later deleted said late night joke registry.  Somehow my friend's name got sold to third parties and now some store she has never heard of has a registry for her.  Friend contacted that store in JULY asking them to take down the registry.  They finally did TODAY, yet the registry still shows up on Wedding Channel's registry finder, listing my friend's friend as her bethrothed.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Re: In which I vent

• hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shopping on the internets? I have a money tree in my back yard. I will let you know when it starts to fruit, so far I just have to water it a lot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Holy crap NQB, you've unleashed a beast...

Yell

1. I am so over my job, it's ridiculous. I think I've verbally threatened to quit about five times today alone.

2. I'm so over rude, self-entitled arseholes. I'm dealing with two in particular at the moment. I literally fight the urge to crack their heads together.  The problem is, they're being arseholes to me at the moment about a work issue, while completely forgetting that a) I go to school with them and they now have to see me in social settings, and b) I'll be TAing one of their classes in the upcoming months. Good job, guys.

3. I'm so over whining. Whining that something isn't done when they want it done or how they want it done, when they really should be doing it themselves. Whining that something isn't fair, when they really put themselves in the situation all by their lonesome. Whining about having to accept responsibility for their own actions. Whining that no one understands me and my life is soooooooooo hard. No, it's really not. Talk to the people in Haiti about how hard your life is right now and see what they have to say.

4. Our apartment is such a wreck right now because we're in the middle of packing for our move, but there's just so much random STUFF everywhere, I'm beginning to twitch.

5. In the middle of packing our apartment, I realize I have my ex best friend's dive gear in our storage closet. Given that we're no longer on speaking terms, I now have to figure out what to do with it. A tiny, nasty, vindictive part of me wants to pitch the stuff and get her and the situation completely out of my life, but the logical, somewhat nice part of me realizes how expensive the stuff was and that I really should find a way to get it back to her. However, that involves having to pay for shipping all the stuff (heavy and awkwardly shaped), $$ I really don't have, nor feel like spending. Grrrrrrr.

5. I didn't realize I was on my last pill until the night I took it, and my surgeon decided to take three days to call in my BC prescription, so not only have I now messed up my whole continuous BC plan, I'm now experiencing the cycle from hell. Seriously - taking out my own uterus with a rusty spoon sounds appealing at this point. Yet, here I am, at work, because I have no sick days to use, courtesy of my surgery. Futhermucker.

6. MTV is making a Miami version of Jersey Shore. ::vomiting:: Great. As if half of Miami isn't pretentious enough.

::deep breath out::

Holy crap, you have no idea how much better I feel getting all that out...LOL

Thanks NQB ::big hugs::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    Why aren't you talking to your ex friend?  Or that doesn't make sense, why is she your ex friend?
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really don't have much to vent about but I will sit here and listen supportively....with popcorn.  So vent away!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
    edited December 2011
    PS: hetshup I want in on that tree. Send me some clippings?  WIll it do alright in the deep dark cold Canadian winters...?

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ocean- You can store it at my house, I'll even pay for shipping! But seriuosly, how can she not know you have and want it back? That's like not knowing your car is there.

In good news, we got a bonus today (well, they announced it) so hello honeymoon!
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oceana -- I'd just mail it back to her. Yeah, you'll be out the money, but you'll be the bigger person. Moral superiority is its own special petty reward. :)

My vent for the day? My best friend called to wish me a happy birthday, and also to let me know she isn't coming to my wedding. WAAAAAH! Cry
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    1. I really really hate grad school right about now, and am thisclose to saying "fuuck it!" and finding a job.  If the economy wasn't so gigantically sucktastic, I think I would've (and should've) hightailed it out of here 2 years ago. I'm so damn tired of feeling like I'm living in limbo. I admit the only reason I haven't quit is the asinine idea that quitting = failure.  I know quitting would just mean that I realized what does and does not make me happy, but deep down, I know I'd never feel that way.

2. Why does it have to be so freakin' hard for FI and I to have the wedding we want on the budget we have? Seriously, it's been impossible to fiind a venue for a casual/semi-formal wedding that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. How do other people do this? Our guest list is only 50 people, and my family consists of 2 people. That's it.  So why do all these other budget brides seem capable of finding venues to accomodate their 100+ person guest list and everything else for less than 7k? Am I that inept?

FI and I had a fight about wedding stuff last week because he thinks professional photography is a waste of money ("But all our friends will have cameras!") and yet he doesn't think having a 4 hour open bar with top shelf liquor is excessive ("honey, we don't need to give our friends top shelf liquor. They'd be fine with wine and beer")? We worked it out, but it still sucked.

Seriously, I don't expect much.  I want good food, booze for our friends, and a dress I don't feel hideous in.  The rest I can leave. *sigh* Ideally, I'd love a wedding like Mutley's, but in the absence of a family property to host the wedding, we have to work with what is out there.

• Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vent-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:648d053e-1652-455c-a5c2-9317269ffdecPost:8a64db86-74b0-45bb-8062-4013163847cc">Re: In which I vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I really really hate grad school right about now, and am thisclose to saying "fuuck it!" and finding a job.  If the economy wasn't so gigantically sucktastic, I think I would've (and should've) hightailed it out of here 2 years ago. I'm so damn tired of feeling like I'm living in limbo. I admit the only reason I haven't quit is the asinine idea that quitting = failure.  I know quitting would just mean that I realized what does and does not make me happy, but deep down, I know I'd never feel that way.
    Posted by noelle24[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way.  I just started my second program, but really I'm thinking I'll just keep putting off starting my research and then when FI finishes first I'll just get out of here.  But really I know I won't do that, because like you said I would feel like a failure.

I'm also upset about our wedding plans.  I hate how everyone says "It's your wedding do whatever you want and we'll be there!"  But then when you tell them, they're all "Oh that will be really difficult for us, why don't you make FI's family travel here?" Umm, because you just said do whatever I want and you'll go.  Thanks.
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Who on earth charges $3,200 for DJ services??!?! And $150 for a bouquet. I don't think so.

2. I switched back to running on the treadmill from the eulyptical (sp?) and my knees want to detach themselves and sit on the couch

3. Monster MOHs. Eugh. Unneccessary drama.

4. FI and i had first wedding argument. Over the guest list. It ended okay, but, what a lame thing to argue about.

• paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1. I gained almost 2 pounds last week.

2. I found out today that I won't get a contract worth a good chunk of change. It would have paid several months' worth of bills.

That's it. So I guess I can't complain!
  • edited December 2011
    NQB - YGM

• edited December 2011
    1. My diet currenty consists of ginger ale and pretzels.  Even this leaves me queasy and running to the bathroom.  Fabulous! 

2. Just generally annoyed with my best friend - I know we'll get through it, but ugh I am so ready for her wedding to be over.  I am also ready for her to not be clingy and needy.  I have no energy for it right now.

3.  I love our pups.  I do.  But the 10 days of almost constant rain has driven them past stir crazy. 

• edited December 2011
    TK ate my post.  And I am too worn out to retype. 
  • edited December 2011
    1. my friend just told me the BM dress I have to wear in july made to sweat like a pig in october, it was cold and rainy that day!

2. i have this new fixation on being a 50s housewife that is driving me crazy

3. i am convinced that my exboyfriend is actually satan and wish he would dissapear from my life completely, as this aggrivation is making my hair fall out

4. to save money on gas i car pool to work a few times a week, i just found out that my ride is held up and i'll be lucky to get out of here an hour late today

image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was told by FI that Oceana wants me to start writing again lol

1.. All the grad school ladies I hear you.  I almost quit last semester, and since nothing of my research is working (which i must present in oh 4 weeks) and I feel like Im hitting a brick wall - or bashing my head against it.  But as PP have stated and since im an over achiever: quiting = failure

2.  I am overwhelmed with wedding related projects - only 53 days left and still 153 more things to do!

3. Oceana - I say you just give the stuff to me ... I could use other dive gear - Oh and if she ever speaks to you again, just say it got lost in the move, I'll back you!
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    I've got another one to add to my post above:
    #3. I'm putting my house on the market in the next week or so. I should be cleaning and pre-packing a bit tonight. (Luckily I keep a tidy house and DESPISE clutter, so this isn't a huge chore.) But it's already almost 7. I'm tired. I'm bummed about the contract mentioned above. The area I should be cleaning up is an unheated storage room. And I just don't feel like it.
    edited December 2011
    Desert - Happy birthday!!!! Why can't your friend come to the wedding? Good reason or lame?
    edited December 2011
    Now I have something to vent about...

1) My very expensive dental work just chipped and left me with a hole in my front tooth. Yay for dentist visit tomorrow

2) I have my ultrasound tomorrow and I have to hold in like 50 billion litres of water so that they can scan me, or whatever.  Not looking forward to that.

3) Have to work until 7 tomorrow night instead of the usual 5 and then go get my tooth fixed. Which means that I wont be going to mom & dad's for supper with BF as we had originally planned.  I won't be home til atleast 9...grrr

4) Molly (one of my dogs) just threw up on her bed...then ate it again.  GROSS (ok this isn't really a rant - just a fun fact maybe? LOL)

Murried Bio
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, paintgirl! My friend says she'll be too busy with work. It's their peak period and she won't be able to get time off to come to the States for my wedding.  :(

edited December 2011

Desert - What a bummer! I guess it's understandable if there's international travel involved, but I'm sure you're still disappointed. Hang in there!

Are you doing anything fun for your birthday?

edited December 2011
    Paint - I'm SO disappointed! Trying to just focus on the positive and not let it get me down too much, though. Just sucky news to get on your b-day, of all days!

One of my co-workers made cupcakes for me, which is awesome, and FI took me out for dinner and a movie last night. We're going for Thai food later in the week, too. Yum!

Thank you for asking. :)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vent-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:648d053e-1652-455c-a5c2-9317269ffdecPost:3b6f39e8-62e1-4aae-bc68-4d2cd2741866">Re: In which I vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]NQB - YGM
    Posted by oceana919[/QUOTE]

YGPM back.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vent-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:648d053e-1652-455c-a5c2-9317269ffdecPost:73dc748a-6c3d-4d39-a356-581f25d5f849">Re: In which I vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ocean- You can store it at my house, I'll even pay for shipping! But seriuosly, how can she not know you have and want it back? That's like not knowing your car is there. In good news, we got a bonus today (well, they announced it) so hello honeymoon!
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

Yay Hetshup!  Where are you planning to go?  Maybe if I scroll down I will see the answer.

My Blog

• babybchbumbabybchbum member
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you all feel better after posting.

I dislike drs who make you fret over something that is truely nothing. Don't send me to ER because you say I have every symptom for a blood clot in my leg (especially when I am away at college alone).
  • edited December 2011
    Ok so BTW guys, what should "my friend" do about vent #3?  Embarassed

My Blog

• hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your friend should call them relentlessly until they remove it, and be embarrassed. 

We are thinking belize. I can't plan anything else, I'm still stressed over the fact my knot budget says that we should spend X amount on reception venue and we are almost 2 grand over that. Anyone else noticing this?
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah.  Keep in mind the knot budget can't take into account variations in prices based on where you live.  You might not be able to find a venue at that price point in your area, but might be able to save money elsewhere.
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vent-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:648d053e-1652-455c-a5c2-9317269ffdecPost:0090845f-1551-431b-9a12-e26d642a9739">Re: In which I vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah.  Keep in mind the knot budget can't take into account variations in prices based on where you live.  You might not be able to find a venue at that price point in your area, but might be able to save money elsewhere.
    Posted by noelle24[/QUOTE]

Grumble grumble, I guess that videographer money is going towards the venue. But in good news, we can bring our own alky.... Score! Bulk from costco. Gonna have a white russian machine.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_vent-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:648d053e-1652-455c-a5c2-9317269ffdecPost:3027d1d7-b4c3-473a-a072-93e2b707ea65">Re: In which I vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your friend should call them relentlessly until they remove it, and be embarrassed.  We are thinking belize. I can't plan anything else, I'm still stressed over the fact my knot budget says that we should spend X amount on reception venue and we are almost 2 grand over that. Anyone else noticing this?
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

Technically, TK says I should be spending about $30K on my wedding, and we're probably going to swing it for around $15K, so don't listen to everything TK has to say.

As for Belize, I honestly can't speak high enough about it. I've been there, and I'm going back in March. It's amazing...absolutely gorgeous, lots to do (ziplining, snorkeling, diving, etc.). One place worth checking out:

<a href="http://www.ize2belize.com/">http://www.ize2belize.com/</a>

Southwater Caye is the island where we stay when we go...mind you, we're staying in the student "dorms", but those are even nice. My understanding is that the vacation cabins are pretty nice. If you're looking for a quiet, secluded vacation spot, and don't mind more rustic accomodations, you should definitely check this place out. Also, if you're somewhat of a science nerd (whoohoo! Science nerds unite!), they offer an "educational" tour that sounds pretty awesome: <a href="http://www.ize2belize.com/belize/ize/tours/adventure-vacation.html">http://www.ize2belize.com/belize/ize/tours/adventure-vacation.html</a>.

If you're looking for something a little fancier, this is where FI and I had originally looked at when we toyed with the idea of going to Belize for our honeymoon:

<a href="http://www.hamanasi.com/index.html">http://www.hamanasi.com/index.html</a>

It looks pretty incredible. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards