Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

ceremony questions

i am having a wedding ceremony in a garden at the same venue as the reception. I have a few questions, if any one can help it would be appreciated.
So we will be married in a garden followed by cocktail hour. the cocktail hour space is on a raised veranda behind where the ceremony will take place. After cocktails, the reception will take place across the lodge indoors. I have been scouting a few djs and hope to pick one soon.
For the ceremony I recently had the idea to get a string quartet. I forgot all about the music at first. I wanted to walk down the isle to an instrumental of bittersweet symphony and then have the quartet play for the cocktail hour. Hope to have them play all instrumentals of modern music...nothing stuffy, like what the vitamin quartet play.  I live in NY (Hudson valley) and am getting married in northeast PA (the Pocono's) Any one know what a quartet cost? I know its where you like and such. I but was thinking a small 2-4 person deal to play ceremony music and cocktail hour?

So my next question is the officiating. I was thinking of having the judge FI and I previously worked for. Do I pick out my vows or can they come standard?  Kind of like the words that have been repeated before...

Any ideas/thoughts would be awesome
imagetotes-your call/
BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards