Not Engaged Yet
Options

**RDR** Contest

The other thread was getting pretty low, so I thought I'd repost up here. Any news on their decision yet? I don't see why it would take so long to decide. Especially with just one more day of voting left.
-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: **RDR** Contest

• Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just voted again for me and BF. Hopefully you'll get an answer about the legality of the voting website from Gilt City soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ely. I kept checking that other thread for more updates too. I hope they come back with an answer soon. It'll suck if they say it's allowed and rdr could have been using those sites for the past day. Get your act together, Gilt City!
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually just got home from a huge social media marketing conference, and there was a lot of talk about how companies are reversing bad decisions based on the reaction of consumers. Think about the Netflix hooplah, and BofA with their check card fees. I say that if Gilt City comes back that it's acceptable and that rdr could have been doing that the whole time, I will call them out on their page. Nothing like a little bad publicity to make the playing field even.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    I'll be voting as soon as I get home.  I'm not supposed to be on TK, FB or email while I'm at work.  Clearly that's working out well.

Ugh.  This whole situation sucks ballsacks for them.  They've worked really hard for this and absolutely deserve it.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_rdr-contest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7466528a-2601-4f18-85d2-ffe449016ee3Post:a780841f-951c-4032-afc5-b61eef7dadb9">Re: **RDR** Contest</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **RDR** Contest : I was thinking this when I was talking to my friend (and asking her to vote for RDR), and said that also I hope that if they DO allow that kind of voting and RDR didn't do it, that they'd put in place a "runner up" prize of some sort with $ to Kleinfelds for the team that got the most vote and DIDN'T use that kind of voting (namely, RDR). But yes, if they do allow that with no sort of other prize, I'll give them a piece of my mind.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]
    I completely agree. It just frustrates me that these people would try to win by doing something so skeevy. Why can't people just be honest anymore?

• Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    There was an update on RDR's FB and Gilt City's page that it is NOT against the rules to use those websites.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    OMG you guys!!!!!!  I'm sorry I've been really MIA lately, I feel like I've been putting so much into the contest (aka begging/harassing on Facbeook & Twitter) that I've been neglecting NEY :(

SKP is right, they said it's not against the rules to use websites like www.getonlinevotes.com.  So I promptly went & signed up for it of course. 

There was a TON of drama over the past hour.  Basically one of the contestants (cough skydiver girl cough) & her mother had a lot to say to Gilt about their decision and claimed they haven't used any sort of online voting anything (which I think is BS given her post on the other contestants voting page: "crap stop using my trick lol. should have never told ya haha.. well its a race now woman! ♥")

So my cousin agreed with her & said it's unfair to decide this now, I've been working really hard to get my votes via friends & family etc etc. 

Well then the "girl" came out & said well now Rachel will use that & I'm not going to because I wasn't raised that way. 

Um excuse me? You weren't raised what way? This is the same girl who called my mother crazy on some other random message board. 

So yea it went back & forth between her, me, & my posse (including Ollie! Woo!) for a little bit. 

She ended up deleting ALL of her posts & then coming back & saying "I want to stay out of this."

Sure, NOW you do. 

Ugh! Biitches be crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    PS I forgot to mention I love you all so much for caring about this contest with me!!!!!!!

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So should we all join that site then? I'm up for it if it helps you win, lol. I want to make sure it's ok though.
    -Ely

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_rdr-contest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7466528a-2601-4f18-85d2-ffe449016ee3Post:ec257ec7-4f4d-4e79-9cdd-caa44470f5fc">Re: **RDR** Contest</a>:
    [QUOTE]hey said it's not against the rules to use websites like <a href="http://www.getonlinevotes.com" rel="nofollow">www.getonlinevotes.com</a> .  So I promptly went & signed up for it of course.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Looks like she already signed up so I guess it's ok.
    -Ely

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    Sure I don't see why not! 

It just asks you to fill out info about the contest you're in and that's it!

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    NO! But I will now... Thank you!!!!

I have a lot of "followers" on Twitter & they're all spreading the word big time for me. 

Also we're going to the Devils game tomorrow night & I was thinking of making fliers to pass out to people.  Do you guys think that's a good idea? I feel like I can work that Devils angle since we're wearing our jerseys in our entry pic hahaha

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    I'd do it! Do whatever you can. No harm in trying.
    -Ely

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    We're in 4th place & 416 votes out of 1st :(

There are voting websites that you pay for also I've discovered. I would never do this -- I think that is absolutely crossing the line.  I can't help but wonder though if that's what 1 or 2 of the other couples have done.  The couple in 1st right now got 500 votes in 18 hours.  Do you think that's really possible without cheating?? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards