Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ceremony Reading by Pre-teens

I need ideas for a ceremony reading.  We are having two of our friends' daughters (ages 12 and 14) do the reading(s).  The problem I am having is that a lot of the reading ideas that I have found online sound like they are giving advice on love and marriage and they just don't seem appropriate coming from two pre-teen girls.  Our wedding is outdoors and will have a more casual vibe so the reading(s) do not have to come from the bible or anything.  Any ideas for one or two readings that are more casual and sound okay coming from two young ladies??

Re: Ceremony Reading by Pre-teens

• Options
    As ive been looking around for readings i just searched google for love poems or love readings. Sometimes you can find really good little poems that might fit better with the young ladies reading them. Or if you like a specific poet go with that =) Hope this helps
  • Options
    I used a reading from Sex and the City that's really cute, and I don't think it would be too mature for younger readers:

*‘I Do’ – Sex and the City

His ‘hello’ was the end of her endings.
    Her laugh was their first step down the aisle.
    His hand would be hers to hold forever.
    His forever was as simple as her smile.
    He said she was what was missing.
    She said instantly she knew.
    She was a question to be answered.
    And his answer was “I do”.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    danz9danz9 member
    First Comment
    I love the sex and the city poem, its so sweet.

Doc Seuss has some really cute poems, it might be sweet for a couple teens to read a tongue twisters
  • Options
    Thanks, Ladies!  I do like the reading from Sex and the City.  I am a 1st grade teacher so I also love the idea of doing something from Dr. Seuss.  I will definitely search some of his writings!
  • Options
    This is the first time I heard of this idea but its amazing. You could see if the two girls want to write anything on their own.
  • Options
    This may be a silly question, but did you ask the mother or the girls to read?  I teach junior high kids, and most are completely petrified of public speaking.  If they are comfortable with it, then that's great.  Just something you may want to consider if you haven't already.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The reading about love from The Velveteen Rabbit is just beautiful.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    You posted this so long ago, I don't know if you'll even see my response, but my fiance and I are having our younger siblings read "A Lovely Love Story" by Edward Monkton. It's absolutely adorable and appropriate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards