Not Engaged Yet
Options

Oh the weather outside is..weather.

Hi all! Let's look alive this Friday! And to do so, how about some questions about weather!

1. What's the weather like today where you are?
2. Do you like where you live because of the weather? Or would you change it if you could?
3. Based solely on weather, where would you move to if given the opportunity?

And for good measure, tell me a funny story. This Friday is already dragging and I want to pass the time. I'm needy like that.
friends tv show funy

Re: Oh the weather outside is..weather.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    70 and sunny.  BF's coworker's pool is set to 80 degrees today so you know what we're doing tonight!

2. Do you like where you live because of the weather? Or would you change it if you could?
    I don't mind it too much.  There's a lot of humidity where we are so it makes you more sweaty when it's hot.  Otherwise our summers are nice and warm and our winters are usually fairly mild.

I would probably stay here (in PA).  We only VERY rarely get very bad weather.  No tornadoes or hurricanes.

I don't have any funny stories to tell today :( If I think of something I'll add it in!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    1. What's the weather like today where you are? 70ish and partly sunny
    2. Do you like where you live because of the weather? Or would you change it if you could? It's really sporadic, honestly.  I would change the massive amount of flooding we have - while it's not ridiculous, it's way more than I've ever had before
    3. Based solely on weather, where would you move to if given the opportunity? I have no idea.  FL is too hot, PA is too snowy, so is NJ.  VA gets every type of bad weather around...I'm picky :)

ETA: MY STORY!
    I went to Vicky's yesterday to buy some new bras with a bunch of giftcards I had.  And I got a free beach towel for spending over $75 (I needed a lot of new bras, obviously.)  I told my sisters I got the free beach towel and they are TOTALLY jealous.  Since I don't want the beach towel and am such a nice sister, I'm mailing it to them.  lol.  They're silly.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. 70s, cloudy and humid.  Oh DC, how I hate you.

2. Not particularly.  I hate the snow, I hate the rain, I hate sporadic weather changes.

3. I'm not moving JUST based on weather, but that definitely played a part.  So, kind of.

My Story - My puppy got incredibly excited the other day because she thought we were going to play ball (she's neurotic, we can't even say "ball" around her anymore), and so she was watching us and running towards the house as we were walking up the deck stairs.  Instead of stopping in time, she ran straight in to the screen door and bounced.  It was pretty hysterical.  And, when she runs, she looks like a rabbit.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    68 degrees and sunny. And I hope it stays that way, because myself and 8 other ladies are going camping here this weekend:

I love the weather here. I'm from California- outside of San Francisco! I can't beleive I'm moving! Ha.

A bit more north in California- so I could get a bit of snow too. Maybe in the Cedar Grove area...so beautiful up there. Perfect weather and a bit of snow.

Funny story? Hm...No. Funny joke? Yes. Dirty joke? Yes.

A mother and her son were flying Southwest Airlines from Kansas City to Chicago. The son (who had been looking out the window) turned to his mother and asked, "If big dogs have baby dogs and big cats have baby cats, why don't big planes have baby planes?" The mother (who couldn't think of an answer) told her son to ask the stewardess So the boy asked the stewardess, "If big dogs have baby dogs and big cats have baby cats, why don't big planes have baby planes?" The stewardess responded, "Did your mother tell you to ask me?" The boy admitted that this was the case. "Well, then, tell your mother that there are no baby planes because Southwest always pulls out on time. Your mother can explain that to you.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    lmwilberlmwilber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

1.       What is the weather like today where you are?
    WARM, in the 70's already, going to be in the low 80's by this afternoon, but it might storm later.

I do like the CLE area b/c of the weather (I know, I'm crazy)  there are four seasons, and I like all of them. I like that we don't have hurricanes, wild fires, earth quakes, mud slides. We get snow, its livable. Plus, I'm right on lake Erie, so there is a beach, sailing, jet skiing, ect. Ok, now I sound like a tourism video...

The only place I would move to would be the DC area. I like hot humid weather, and unlike NEO, the area shuts down when there is snow :) I don't mind driving in it, I just like the idea of snow days 

My funny story: Two guys walk into a bar...the third guy ducks :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    80 and..rainy. However, it beats the past month of 40 and rainy so I'm not complaining. Plus we've had some awesome thunderstorms the past few days.

I complain but I get to see every season. I might make it a bit warmer most of the year but with a shiitload of snow during the winter months.. I'm weird

Maybe Kentucky, they get a bit more warm weather than I do and they throw shiitfits when theirs snow.

I can't think of any funny stories but FGMIL got a new dog. She's a chocolate toy poodle and one leg is longer (or shorter?) than the other three. When she runs, she tucks the one in. She's perfectly fine with it and the vet said she'll be normal.
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It's going to be in the low 90s today. I like the weather where I live, but the summers are scorching. I hate parking outside in 110+ degree heat. It's like sitting in fire when you first get in the car. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, weather-wise. I'm too comfortable here.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited December 2011
    What's the weather like today where you are?
    96 and sunny

Do you like where you live because of the weather? Or would you change it if you could?
    Yes, I love the weather here. The highs are rarely lower than about 50. It's major news if it gets down to freezing. Of course, 115 in the summer kind of sucks, but it makes my 92-degree pool feel like heaven. Every place has it's 'bad' weather, so if mine is hot and sunny, I'll take it!

Based solely on weather, where would you move to if given the opportunity?
    Nope! People take vacations to come to where I live, so I'd be a fool to move just because of the weather.

Silly/funny story
    I've got nothing. Though it still cracks me up that BF and I refer to sexy time as sexy time. It makes me giggle every single time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    According to my phone, the high is supposed to be 99 today...my computer says it's 79 right now.  But I wouldn't know because I'm inside my office freezing (just because it's hot outside doesn't mean we need to make it an igloo inside!!!)

Yes.  I could never live anywhere it snowed...I'm not a 'cold' person.  I'd much rather live in 110+ temps year round than to have to deal with snow.

Hawaii.  They have perfect weather year round, not to hot, not to cold...it's amazing.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi in the low 80s. Cloudy, but not cool in the least. It's still muggy and hot here, just not as sunny as usual.

For the most part, I do like where I live, though-and this is going to sound weird-I hate extreme heat. I live in the South, so June/July/August can be unbearable for me. That being said, it's mild here most of the year. It makes for great outdoor living. I grew up going to barbecues practically year round, outdoor movies and picnics in the park, dining outside at restaurants, etc. Outdoor living year round is sort of a lifestyle here and I love that. It's also why people panic and have no idea what they are doing and everything shuts down when it snows! Ha! 

I guess nowhere. Eh, the grass is always greener. I would love to live in a place where the high was high 70's low 80's and it never went above that. But I also love rainy/cloudy/moody weather like in San Francisco or Seattle. I find I'm most creative when the weather is like that. And it's great for under the cover movie watching and soup consumption!

Funny Story? I got nothing. I wanna see Bridesmaids this weekend, so I'll look to that for comedy!
  • Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    edited December 2011
    You guys all suck at funny stories BTW
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    66 degrees, partly cloudy, 53% humidity!

I was born and raised in Massachusetts, so I don't know much of any other type of weather. We get four distinct seasons, which is nice. Winters can be brutal but they're worse in other places and I'm partial to snow. Summer is great, and Fall is beautiful with the foliage!

If I had to move away from MA...probably a place like Vermont where the weather is similar.

you're from around where I'm from, do you feel the same way about Boston-area weather?

edit: funny story... hmm... I got an email from my university's librarian saying "Please return these books. They're WAY overdue". I just thought how she phrased it was funny. And they're only like a year and a half overdue...:-\
    that's not funny. I suck at remembering funny stuff on command.
    White Knot
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

It is sunny!  I think it is like 70.  I am so glad summer is FINALLY here!

I love where I live.  I live in the perfect place for weather.  I get snow two weeks out of the year.  In the summer it doesn't get too hot.  I just love it!

Hmmm... Nowhere.  Really I live in the perfect place.  I get a little but of everything but not to an extreme.  I love living in the foothills. :)

And for good measure, tell me a funny story. This Friday is already dragging and I want to pass the time. I'm needy like that.

UHh.  Well it’s not that funny but I am at my BF Physics study group.  Their nerdy joke is: How do you titillate an oscillate? You oscillate it's tits a lot.  And the girl in their groups goes “what does titillate mean?”  I said to sexually excite.  She still looks confused so I make groping boob motions.  And they laugh and my Bf says “hey let’s not make sexual jokes about my GF....”  Anyways it’s lame unless you are a physics person.... Lol sorry!

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    <p class="MsoNoSpacing">In Response to Re: Oh the weather outside is..weather.:</p> <p class="MsoNoSpacing">[QUOTE]1. What's the weather like today where you are? 68 degrees and sunny. And I hope it stays that way, because myself and 8 other ladies are going camping here this weekend: 2. Do you like where you live because of the weather? Or would you change it if you could? I love the weather here. I'm from California- outside of San Francisco! I can't beleive I'm moving! Ha. 3. Based solely on weather, where would you move to if given the opportunity? A bit more north in California- so I could get a bit of snow too. Maybe in the Cedar Grove area...so beautiful up there. Perfect weather and a bit of snow. Funny story? Hm...No. Funny joke? Yes. Dirty joke? Yes. A mother and her son were flying Southwest Airlines from Kansas City to Chicago. The son (who had been looking out the window) turned to his mother and asked, "If big dogs have baby dogs and big cats have baby cats, why don't big planes have baby planes?" The mother (who couldn't think of an answer) told her son to ask the stewardess So the boy asked the stewardess, "If big dogs have baby dogs and big cats have baby cats, why don't big planes have baby planes?" The stewardess responded, "Did your mother tell you to ask me?" The boy admitted that this was the case. "Well, then, tell your mother that there are no baby planes because Southwest always pulls out on time. Your mother can explain that to you.</p> <p class="MsoNoSpacing">Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]</p> <p class="MsoNoSpacing">Where are you going?<span>  </span>I can't quite identify the place but it looks familiar.<span>  </span>You don't want to live in Cedar grove.<span>  </span>Live in Camino.<span>  </span>Only two weeks of snow.<span>  </span>And that depends on how high or low you live there.<span>  </span>Cedar grove gets WAY more snows and it stays around for much longer!</p>
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What's the weather like today where you are?It is currently 91 degrees F. The high is 98 F
    2. Do you like where you live because of the weather? Or would you change it if you could?I hate Arizona mainly because of the weather.
    3. Based solely on weather, where would you move to if given the
     opportunity? I would love to live in Portland, OR , Seattle, WA, or Boston, MA. 
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

First day without rain in almost 2 weeks.  Gloomy but NO RAIN!!!

The weather isn't bad.  We have a saying here: "If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes". 

We're pretty predictable in our seasons though.  And we usually get decent weather (and massive cancel work and school snow storms...wo0t!)

I like it here.  Not too hot, not too cold.  Maybe a little further South to get another month outta summer

I haz no funny stories.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Right now it's about 50 :(

2. Do you like where you live because of the weather? 
    Not really. I look forward to the spring and summer here in MA but that's about it.

Somewhere in the Caribbean! After this past winter I'm already dreading the next one!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards