Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Colors and Month

We can't decide on a month to get married. We were  thinking June but I also like September or October and my FI would like one of the months too because it is cooler. The only thing is are colors are Tan and Burgundy. I don't want to change them, because I like how they go together. However it wouldn't be hard to change if I had to. Anyways I don't know how good they would go with September or October. I think maybe they would go good with September but not October. Any opinions?

Re: Colors and Month

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Pick the colors you like.  The month *really* doesn't matter.  FWIW, when I think of those colors, I think of fall.  September or October would be great.  Have you looked into a venue availability yet?  This might help you decide.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

As PP said, don't choose your colors based on what month you're getting married. Stick with the colors you like.  Our date was kind of picked for us because that's the only date I could get the reception venue. 

Oh, and we got married in September and the weather was beautiful!!

• Options
    Colors are colors.  It was only when the clever marketers of the greedy wedding industry started getting involved that people began to think that certain colors in weddings had to reflect certain months.

And people regretfully started to believe them.

Reality check here for you:  will you be any LESS married if you have tan and burgundy as your colors in October and you will if you have tan and burgundy as your colors in June?

Will anyone leave your wedding thinking it was an awful wedding because of the color combination you chose to use?  Or will they be thinking of a beautiful bride and beaming groom who were glowing with happiness and graciously sharing time with their guests?

I think you know the answer.

BTW:  My guest bedroom is burgundy, hunter green, and tan.  Do I have to repaint it in September?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Ditto above, my date is solely based on:

Venue availability
    Before winter
    Before hunting season (yes I AM serious!)
    Weather
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you girls, I will have to check into venues.
  • Options
    the colros you picked scream sept and oct. working in retail, i see those colors duirng those months
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Your wedding colors do not have to match the season or month.  You can have burgundy and tan any month of the year if you want. 

If you think you need a fall wedding for those colors, they are especially nice in September, October, and November.  Perfect choice. 

I'm a little biased, I got married in October, so did my daughter.  The weather was perfect where we live.
  • Options
    Those are my wedding colors, sort of (burgundy, cream, and chocolate), and I'm getting married in June.  The only thing I will say is check out venues- I had to change venues, and now the reception hall is navy blue!

GL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I am doing burgundy and gold, getting married in September.  I just love those colors!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_colors-month?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:d5cd641d-5b64-4101-94d4-c2acfda850d6Post:dd942fff-abcc-4caa-8d08-346fec6283b7">Re: Colors and Month</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those are my wedding colors, sort of (burgundy, cream, and chocolate), and I'm getting married in June.  The only thing I will say is check out venues- I had to change venues, and now the reception hall is navy blue! GL
    Posted by californiadreamin07[/QUOTE]

California:  no one will care that the table linens are your wedding don't match the wall colors.  Seriously, I have NO IDEA the wall, carpet, or window treatment colors at either my son and DIL's wedding, or my DD's and SIL's wedding.

Reality check:  what color WAS the carpet at the last 6 weddings you attended?  How about the window treatments?  Don't remember?  That's because people honestly could not possibly care less about it, with the exception of brides planning their own weddings.  And who have been convinced by the wedding industry that this stuff MATTERS!!!!!!!

The wedding industry has done a great job of pushing a product.  And of making men and women feel inadequate about their wedding plans.  And shame on them for doing that.

Your wedding will be wonderful.  But having BM dresses and tablecloths match the walls isn't what will make it wonderful.  What will?  A beaming groom, and a radiant bride who look and act happy on their wedding day, and who take time to be gracious hosts to their guests.  That's all.

You can have a $100K wedding that looks like it belongs in a magazine.  But if the B&G aren't gracious hosts, and don't look like they're enjoying it, all of the decor in the world won't matter a single, solitary, bit.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    You're putting way too much thought into this. The month of your wedding is a significant decision, but picking the month based on the colors you like is absurd. Burgundy and tan are fine, any time. I promise.
    Scrabble high score: 531
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards