Not Engaged Yet
Options

Nothin' to see here :)

Thanks for all your support and advice, I feel a little better now that I know you've gone through similar stuff with LDR's. It really means alot.
And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: Nothin' to see here :)

• Options
    Yes, yes, there's always an adjustment period, lol.

BF & I were long distance for just over 2 years at the beginning of our relationship (I still have "friends" that tell me those 2 years don't "count" as much as a "real" relationship - they're idiots and obviously not GOOD friends).

We usually had a little adjustment when we first got to where we were meeting (it was less so if we were meeting in a neutral location).  The worst was after we left, haha, it always took me 2-3 days to get back to "normal".

I'm glad you guys will be close soon!!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    My BF and I were long distance for a year and we did actually end up breaking up for about 2 weeks, although my boyfriend says it doesn't count since we essentially still acted like we were together the whole time. Hang on though because when the distance ends , things DO get better. Alot better.
    "Love is more than an emotion, it is a verb you must choose to do everyday." Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Ya there is always an adjustment period.  You go from seeing nothing of him to seeing everything, it can be tough.  When I got back from 5 months in another country, kissing my then BF felt like I was cheating on my BF with someone else.  It was really weird. Just give it a little time :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    I think not being able to get your personal time alone with him makes a big difference. BF and I are long distance during college breaks and I know if he visit me or vice versa, it's very different and more adjusting than if we are going back to school and having some alone time.
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    These ladies have nailed it. I was in a LD relationship for a year. I was in Connecticut and he was in California (almost couldn't get any farther with staying stateside). There was ALWAYS an adjustment.

Also- we we would get into arguments and just be irritable by the end of the trip...probably because we knew our time together was ending.

Unfortunately- it's hard not have to high expectations of what your time will be like together when you are actually together.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards