Not Engaged Yet
Options

Good early morning!

I've been working 7 am to 8 pm the last two days. Not straight I work weird hours but getting up today was tricky!

Got our tickets for the orioles last game of the season on Sunday! We also have tickets to the wild card game if its at home so go Os! And Yankees since they're my first love. And the os won't play them till the Alcs so it's okay.

Work in 4 minutes for a few hours but here are some morning questions. I'll answer when I get back haha.
1 what's your favorite school subject? Can be Harry potter related
2 best book you've read
3 favorite recipe
4 go to fall snack/dessert
5 fav baseball team
6 fav football team and a story of how the refs screwed up your game haha or not
I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton

Re: Good early morning!

• Options
    1 what's your favorite school subject? Foreign language.

2 best book you've read I really like anything dystopian, so my favorites include Atlas Shrugged, Nineteen Eighty-Four, Brave New World, We and Fahrenheit 451. For lighter reading, I also love anything by John Hodgman.

3 favorite recipe Gluten-free pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap crust. Daddy makes it for me every Thanksgiving and Christmas.

4 go to fall snack/dessert The cheesecake mentioned above, but I'll also take anything pumpkin or maple flavored.

5 fav baseball team I can't make it through an entire baseball game because I get bored, so bored.

6 fav football team and a story of how the refs screwed up your game haha or not I don't watch handegg.

• Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2012
    1 what's your favorite school subject? Can be Harry potter related I looooved teaching botany and biology topics to my fourth graders. Love, loved it. As a student, I probably enjoyed my electives most, psychology, drama, shop, etc. Hehe do they even teach "shop" anymore? That sounds sooo retro.

2 best book you've read I'd have to go back to Starring Sally Friedman as Herself. That book was just so enjoyable. I loved Judy Blume growing up, and I enjoyed at least one of her adult books... Though I can't remember which.

3 favorite recipe I love that Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe I always post. It has sooo many good flavors going on and is so easy to prepare.

4 go to fall snack/dessert  Hmm I tend to pick the pumpkin flavored/limited time only things when out and about during fall. But other than that I'd probably say candy. Mmm candy.

5 fav baseball team What did they call themselves in The Sandlot? I really enjoyed watching that team play baseball.

6 fav football team and a story of how the refs screwed up your game haha or not I root for the Redskins. I can't say too much about actual game plays, but I want them to win each time they play.

• Options
    1 what's your favorite school subject? Can be Harry potter related Math or Latin. Though Latin only because I had an amazing teacher, it got really hard. Even with bad teachers math was good because it was problem-solving.
    2 best book you've read So many to choose from. Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, some Jodi Picoult, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, HP 4-7, some Dean Koontz (only during daylight,) Deep Secret by Berlie Doherty
    3 favorite recipe Either guacamole or a yum yum sauce. I like dips.
    4 go to fall snack/dessert  I'm not keen on any of the fall flavors really. Growing up we always had parkin, it's like a molasses cake, really moist and sticky. We could only have that in Oct/Nov.
    5 fav baseball team Any team that makes it to the world series. It means it's nearly over.
    6 fav football team and a story of how the refs screwed up your game haha or not See 5. Substitute superbowl for world series. Can you tell I'm not really a sports fan.
  • Options
    1 what's your favorite school subject? 
    In high school my favorite was either anatomy or law. 
    In college it was all of my criminal justice and sociology classes. I still partially regret changing my major. 

2 best book you've read 
    HG, HP

3 favorite recipe 
    I have a ton of favorites and really can't pick just one. I'll go with any and all of the crock pot recipes from ST because I'll be making all of them very soon now that it's getting colder. 

Pumpkin pie. OMG I can't wait for pumpkin pie. 

5 fav baseball team 
    I don't do baseball. Too boring for me. 

6 fav football team and a story of how the refs screwed up your game haha or not
    Eagles. Honestly, my team's been doing a damn good job of screwing up the games on their own. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-early-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c4742fd-0c10-4fd6-90ef-1044631d1114Post:9e18d877-9c24-4637-af20-1f75c74ce0af">Re: Good early morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1 what's your favorite school subject? Can be Harry potter related Math or Latin. Though Latin only because I had an amazing teacher, it got really hard. Even with bad teachers math was good because it was problem-solving. 2 best book you've read So many to choose from. Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, some Jodi Picoult, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, HP 4-7, some Dean Koontz (only during daylight,) Deep Secret by Berlie Doherty 3 favorite recipe Either guacamole or a <strong>yum yum sauce</strong>. I like dips. 4 go to fall snack/dessert  I'm not keen on any of the fall flavors really. Growing up we always had parkin, it's like a molasses cake, really moist and sticky. We could only have that in Oct/Nov. 5 fav baseball team Any team that makes it to the world series. It means it's nearly over. 6 fav football team and a story of how the refs screwed up your game haha or not See 5. Substitute superbowl for world series. Can you tell I'm not really a sports fan.
    Posted by fizzylemonade[/QUOTE]

<div>Explain, please?</div>

• Options
    I loved theater, otherwise it was French

2 best book you've read
    The Diary of Anne Frank

3 favorite recipe
    This is a tough one.  I don't know

I don't have a typical fall snack, I love chex mix though

5 fav baseball team
    Yankees, even though I don't really follow baseball that closely

I kind of sort of follow the Jets, my parents were fans with season tickets my whole life.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-early-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c4742fd-0c10-4fd6-90ef-1044631d1114Post:2668d133-9054-404a-ab23-624774a34ed6">Re: Good early morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good early morning! : Explain, please?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I don't know the real name for it, and I forgot that's not what everyone else calls it. It's that pinkish sauce you get at Japanese restaurants.

Recipe is...
    1 and a quarter cups of mayo
    1/4 cup of water
    1 tbsp melted butter
    1 tsp tomato paste
    1 tsp sugar
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp paprika

Just mix it all together in a bowl until the lumps come out. We use it as a side with all rice dishes. It goes well with fish too. I think you're supposed to make it the day before you need it. I rarely think about it though and it's still great.It lasts about a week in the fridge.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-early-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c4742fd-0c10-4fd6-90ef-1044631d1114Post:76a51351-6771-443c-994a-a055cf6fb6de">Re: Good early morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good early morning! : I don't know the real name for it, and I forgot that's not what everyone else calls it. It's that pinkish sauce you get at Japanese restaurants. Recipe is... 1 and a quarter cups of mayo 1/4 cup of water 1 tbsp melted butter 1 tsp tomato paste 1 tsp sugar 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/4 tsp paprika Just mix it all together in a bowl until the lumps come out. We use it as a side with all rice dishes. It goes well with fish too. I think you're supposed to make it the day before you need it. I rarely think about it though and it's still great.It lasts about a week in the fridge.

<div>Huh. This is new for me. It sounds interesting. </div>

• Options
    history of art, especially Classical Greece related ones

2 best book you've read
    Harry Potter

3 favorite recipe
    Hot chocolate chocolate chip cookies

pumpkin pie, yum!

5 fav baseball team
    none.  I can not stand baseball.

6 fav football team and a story of how the refs screwed up your game
    I don't really watch football either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1.  I'm really enjoying my online Intro to Natural Health and Healing class right now...  I also enjoyed foreign languages, Nutrition, and Anatomy lecture.

2.  I really loved: The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton, tied with Jane Eyre.

3.  favorite recipe that I make:  I love making ST Arroz con Pollo... total comfort food.
         favorite recipe that I don't make:  Pepe's pork tacos with spicy sauce and cilantro/red onion.
         favorite dessert recipe that I make:  homemade deep-dish apple pie with flaky, sugary crust.

4.  favorite fall dessert:  my apple pie OR Martha Stewart's pumpkin-cheese cake swirl with oreo crust
         favorite fall snack:  fresh picked apples and fancy cheese
         favorite fall drink:  apple cider OR cinnamon dolce latte OR caramel macchiato

5.  I think my H likes Red Sox, so I'll go with them.  ;)

6.  my favorite football team has to be OU, or I'll be lynched by my mom!  somehow, H roots for any team BUT OU and my mom still loves him, but if I tried that...  woo, boy!
  • Options
    Well, I always loved my history classes in college, but what I enjoyed the most, honestly, was CERAMICS! I took two semesters of it and would go to the ceramics studios on a bunch of random nights with my roommate (who also took those classes), just to work on random stuff for myself. 

2 best book you've read
    I have so many favorties it's impossible to name my absolute favortie, but currently I am really into Gone Girl - I woke up extra early just to read some more this morning before work.

3 favorite recipe 
    Homemade pizza! I learned from: http://billyreisinger.com/pizza.html

Hot chocolate, or fresh baked cookies.

5 fav baseball team 
    Don't care

Meh, don't care.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-early-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c4742fd-0c10-4fd6-90ef-1044631d1114Post:76a51351-6771-443c-994a-a055cf6fb6de">Re: Good early morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good early morning! : I don't know the real name for it, and I forgot that's not what everyone else calls it. It's that pinkish sauce you get at Japanese restaurants. Recipe is... 1 and a quarter cups of mayo 1/4 cup of water 1 tbsp melted butter 1 tsp tomato paste 1 tsp sugar 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/4 tsp paprika Just mix it all together in a bowl until the lumps come out. We use it as a side with all rice dishes. It goes well with fish too. I think you're supposed to make it the day before you need it. I rarely think about it though and it's still great.It lasts about a week in the fridge.
    This sounds really good. I may have to try it!

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-early-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c4742fd-0c10-4fd6-90ef-1044631d1114Post:7bc319d1-a8bf-4824-b2a5-b9a6429d2b40">Re: Good early morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1 what's your favorite school subject? Can be Harry potter related  Well, I always loved my history classes in college, but what I enjoyed the most, honestly, was CERAMICS! I took two semesters of it and would go to the ceramics studios on a bunch of random nights with my roommate (who also took those classes), just to work on random stuff for myself.  2 best book you've read I have so many favorties it's impossible to name my absolute favortie, but<strong> currently I am really into Gone Girl - I woke up extra early just to read some more this morning before work</strong>.   3 favorite recipe  Homemade pizza! I learned from:   <a href="http://billyreisinger.com/pizza.html" rel="nofollow">http://billyreisinger.com/pizza.html</a> 4 go to fall snack/dessert  Hot chocolate, or fresh baked cookies. 5 fav baseball team  Don't care 6 fav football team and a story of how the refs screwed up your game haha or not Meh, don't care.
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

<div>Let me know your thoughts on this book when you finish. </div>

• Options
    I loved English and Science in school (except Chemistry, we did not get along). I actually really loved my Anatomoy classes.  Sometimes I wonder why I'm in the sales side of healthcare and not actually taking care of people because I like the stuff so much.

2 best book you've read
    There have been lots over the years.  I love books that stick with me in some way.  I sobbed my way through Time Travelers Wife and cried an ugly cry at the end of the Boy with Striped Pajamas.  They both had very different impacts.

3 favorite recipe
    BF loves my spaghetti, but it really isn't anything special.  For parties I have an chicken enchilada dip I get asked for all the time, and my family has made this amazeballs pistachio dessert at every fall holiday that I converted to gf.

Pecan pie. Yum.

5 fav baseball team
    I will forever heart the Cubs.  Even when they suck.

Da Bears!  No refs, but can I dislike Kristen Cavalari?  She's really annoying so I like to think she's Cutler's Yoko and then I can blame her for his rediculous interceptions.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2012
    BIOLOGY.  I'm a nerd.  This has been fed most recently by forcing M to sit and watch Planet Earth with me at night.  Poor kid, he's just like "I wanna hear what Attenborough has to say!" And I'm like "SHUT UP I AM TALKING ABOUT THE THINGS ON THE TELEVISION!!!!!"

2 best book you've read 
    Harry Potter.  Obviduh.  Although, we also have the GoT series.  And, if we're talking nerd books, I loved "A World Lit Only By Fire" and "Your Inner Fish".  The first is about medieval Europe, the second is about Tiktaalik and the missing link between fish and reptiles!

3 favorite recipe 
    I made shepherd's pie last night?

Pumpkin flavored everything.

5 fav baseball team 
    Ew, gross.

6 fav football team and a story of how the refs screwed up your game haha or no
    Eagles.  And I'm with Rach, they've done enough on their own, they don't need the refs to help them.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-early-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c4742fd-0c10-4fd6-90ef-1044631d1114Post:53083efa-349d-4bad-be4b-92fb3b7e929c">Re: Good early morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]2 best book you've read There have been lots over the years.  I love books that stick with me in some way.  I sobbed my way through Time Travelers Wife and cried an ugly cry at the end of the Boy with Striped Pajamas.  They both had very different impacts. Posted by suzie211[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Both of these are amazing books.
  • Options
    Sweet, I have so many good book recommendations now!  AND recipes!

So my long awaited answers to ya know, my own questions!

1 what's your favorite school subject? Can be Harry potter related Math is by far the best school subject - for some reason I teach biology/chemistry though.  Oops.  A math major just sounded like a boring idea at the time, so I went science.  Great reasoning, I know. 

2 best book you've read I almost always recommend Kristin Hannah's Firefly Lane.  But I've been loving dystopian stuff my whole life.  I blame The Giver :)

3 favorite recipe Inside Out Lasagna I on allrecipes.com :)  It's like spinach and noodles and cheese and meat and sauce all wrapped up in goodness.  It makes a TON of food though, so I recommend it for pot lucks haha.

4 go to fall snack/dessert I make at least 3-4 Dutch apple pies during the fall.  And usually a pumpkin pie or two as well.  J doesn't really eat pie.  This might be my downfall in thintopia (although I haven't made ANY pies yet, which is surprising)

5 fav baseball team Yankees.  I bleed Yankee blood, ya know?  But we get the Orioles channel and J is an Orioles fan, so I actually know the Orioles better than the Yankees (I mean, J kinda hates the Yankees...) - I told J if the Os and Yanks make it to the ALCS (the championship for their division the AL) I'm not going.  Because well, I want the Yankees to win, duh.

6 fav football team and a story of how the refs screwed up your game haha or not Indianapolis Colts are my go to team.  I picked them because the Baltimore Colts were awesome on Madden and I wanted my own team (my dad and bro like the 49ers and cowboys).  I did not know at the time that the Baltimore Colts snuck out of Baltimore in the middle of the night one day and thus ALL of Baltimore despises the Indy Colts.  Then I started dating a guy from Baltimore. 

Somehow we make it work :)

Ok, off to go make a list of awesome books to read!!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-early-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c4742fd-0c10-4fd6-90ef-1044631d1114Post:f6577d73-ad93-48e8-a6fa-f7389866b276">Re: Good early morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1 what's your favorite school subject? Can be Harry potter related  BIOLOGY.  I'm a nerd.  This has been fed most recently by forcing M to sit and watch Planet Earth with me at night.  Poor kid, he's just like "I wanna hear what Attenborough has to say!" And I'm like "SHUT UP I AM TALKING ABOUT THE THINGS ON THE TELEVISION!!!!!" 2 best book you've read  Harry Potter.  Obviduh.  Although, we also have the GoT series.  And, if we're talking nerd books, I loved "A World Lit Only By Fire" and "Your Inner Fish".  The first is about medieval Europe, the second is about <strong>Tiktaalik </strong>and the missing link between fish and reptiles! 3 favorite recipe  I made shepherd's pie last night? 4 go to fall snack/dessert  Pumpkin flavored everything. 5 fav baseball team  Ew, gross. 6 fav football team and a story of how the refs screwed up your game haha or no Eagles.  And I'm with Rach, they've done enough on their own, they don't need the refs to help them.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Haha, we watch this awesome video in my bio class that has an "animated Tiktaalik".  It's just funny to think about it pushing out of the sea with its arms!  The movie is What Darwin Never Knew.  It's a pretty good evolution video :)

I kinda love teaching about evolution in the Bible belt.  My students don't get that...I went to church last Sunday.  God and evolution are so not mutually exclusive, guys. :)  It's fun to push their buttons though
  • Options
    HS-American History
    College-Pathophysiology

2 best book you've read 
    A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

3 favorite recipe 
    It's impossible to just pick one

I love anything Pumpkin, but I'm making Apple Caramel Cupcakes with Apple Cider Frosting for dessert tonight, so we'll see how those turn out.

5 fav baseball team 
    Phillies

Redskins. I've only been able to watch one game so far because I've been working the other two Sundays, but there were various horrible calls during that game.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-early-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7c4742fd-0c10-4fd6-90ef-1044631d1114Post:aa01197b-8ad8-4393-8430-7a812806524b">Re: Good early morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good early morning! : <strong>Haha, we watch this awesome video in my bio class that has an "animated Tiktaalik".  It's just funny to think about it pushing out of the sea with its arms!  The movie is What Darwin Never Knew. </strong> It's a pretty good evolution video :) I kinda love teaching about evolution in the Bible belt.  My students don't get that...I went to church last Sunday.  God and evolution are so not mutually exclusive, guys. :)  It's fun to push their buttons though
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

<div>I need a link.  Or a copy.</div>
    I french with my man
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards