Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Song ideas for ceremony

i am a singer/singing teacher and i have many friends gifted in singing. I would like to have one of them sing during the ceremony but I don't want it to be a generic over used song. 

we are have an outdoor summer ceremony...not super traditional.

any song ideas?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Song ideas for ceremony

• we are using the songs true companion by marc cohn and i have and i always will by dave barnes.  i hadn't heard either of them before i started looking at ceremony songs for my wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    144image 85image 17image
    RSVPs requested by May 8th.
    My Planning Bio
  • Oh "In My Life" would be amazing with a few talented vocalists!

OP - you are a very lucky bride to have such talent available :)
  • This is a very goofy idea, but we're having a friend sing/play Adam Sandler's "I want to grow old with you" at our outdoor wedding -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_f_NB3-MFA
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am using "When you Love someone" by Brian Adams as it is a beautiful and moving song that describes how my fiance and me feel about each other.
  • I am having an outdoor summer ceremony too and am using "Always Forever" by Phil Wickham.  Christian musician but is very gorgeous and not traditional.  Will be having my cousin sing and have acoustic guitar during unity sand, am so excited!  Good luck finding a song!
  • we are using this for our first dance song, but i think it would be equally perfect for an outdoor wedding with a talented vocalist:  'stay with you' by john legend
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • WOW! You guys are awesome. Thank you for all the great suggestions.

I definitely have some downloading to do. : ) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Here come the sun...Beatles
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards