Not Engaged Yet

This makes me an even bigger AW

But zipis did ask.  Here are my wedding photos from 5 months ago lol.  I Hope you guys like them.  It was a pretty fantastic day! :)

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: This makes me an even bigger AW

• It was beautiful! (as were you). My favorite pics were of you two dancing. One in particular. It seemed so...carefree.

Now questions :P

1. I noticed your ring on your right hand, and I am curious if there's a reason (different country, etc).

2. Do you mind if I ask what faith you are? I've only ever seen the crown in Russian Orthodox weddings, but I'm hardly a religion connoisseur. Also, I gotta give kudos to the people holding those things up for so long. My arm gets tired after 5 seconds...

• Aw thanks Zipis :)  It was a pretty awesome first dance :)

1.Yes!  Actually one and two answer themselves here.  I am Russian Orthodox (Good guess!  Most people think Greek!) so the crowns yes.  Your arms do get tired but that is why you have 4 or 5 guys standing behind you to trade off.  As the time went on they traded more frequently lol.  So because R.O. is eastern European people wears their rings on their right hands.  I really liked that idea and adopted it.  Plus when we got engaged he put it on my right hand because I was already wearing a ring on my left (and had no idea rings went on the left lol).  My MOH told me I was wearing it the Orthodox way so I never changed.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I love these pics!  You look beautiful!

Anniversary

• What a beautiful wedding! Thank you for sharing! The church was breathtaking, no?
  • You two are so cute!! My favorite had to be the one where you two are walking hand in hand with the lanterns. Simply adorable.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Beautiful!  You looked radiant.
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012

Ya Jenjen I love the church.  That is one of the reasons I got married in San Fran!  :) Interestingly the church was made of an old boat; they took the rafters from it.  Neat huh?  

Thanks everyone :)  I am surprised so many of you made it through them al, there are a lot. 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Gorgeous pictures!  You're dress is beautiful and the church is amazing!!!  Congratulations!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • 1) I can't believe I haven't seen all of the pics from your wedding. I thought I stalked your pics! 

2) Our next time in chat, we're talking religious traditions. I'm so utterly curious about all of the icons in your church and the history I'm sure comes along with the sacrements. 

3) It's so fun reliving your happiness again 5 months later. :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards