Not Engaged Yet
Options

Dress me for my interview :)

I just found out I have an interview for a part-time job on campus. It's with our Visitors Centre, giving tours of the campus. I'm super excited, and I really want the job! There is a group interview next Monday, and then an individual interview in the following days. It says dress is to be casual. I've never dressed casual for an interview in my life...so, what do you think this means exactly? Give some examples of what you might wear...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.

Re: Dress me for my interview :)

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would wear a pair of nice, dark jeans with a nice blouse.  Show that you can follow instructions and still look professional.
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'd wear black pants with flat shoes and a nice blouse. Not super dressy, but still professional. 

ETA: Good luck with the interviews!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do any of yall work?
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dress-interview?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7d6153b6-56fd-470e-8a47-83d812506b90Post:03dbb8df-e912-49f9-bc1b-3803f4beb35d">Re: Dress me for my interview :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do any of yall work?
    Posted by rirules[/QUOTE]

Ummmm huh?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dress-interview?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7d6153b6-56fd-470e-8a47-83d812506b90Post:03dbb8df-e912-49f9-bc1b-3803f4beb35d">Re: Dress me for my interview :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do any of yall work?

Well, we obviously went to school - something you didn't do, as evidenced by your poor English.
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Beads I go with a nice pair of dark jeans or khaki and a button up shirt.  Still casual and serious. 

rirules-Of course we work, I'm sure you're working on being a total Bi@tch right now aren't you.
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Go Lyn!

Beads - I'd vote for casual pants that aren't jeans, if you have any (like khakis or twill slacks) with a button-shirt, sweater, or other nice top.
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second (third?) the no jeans.  I like the idea of khakis or twill pants over black pants though.  And the button down or sweater.

Good luck!!!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i have a great job.  it just seems like yall spend all day on here talking instead of workin.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i dont have to type like yall if i dont want.  yall act like you got sticks up your butts.

• Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I was on the same track as a lot of you, I just need reassurance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dress-interview?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7d6153b6-56fd-470e-8a47-83d812506b90Post:d7c824ba-f362-4702-8148-b797a2723ad5">Re: Dress me for my interview :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]i have a great job.  it just seems like yall spend all day on here talking instead of workin.

<div>I would assume most people either have careers or working towards their career(in school). You can still post and work.. It's called multitasking:) OR I'm sure we all don't live in the same time zones.. Do you work? </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha. This rirules chick is kinda hilarious.

Beads, you'll rock the interview! I'm sure of it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards