Not Engaged Yet
Options

CA Gay Marriage Ban Lifted!!

Well it is just a good day for women (and men) everywhere!

First the evil cockroach steps down from SGK, and now CA gay marriage ban gets lifted!

(Link courtesy Marley!)

I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: CA Gay Marriage Ban Lifted!!

• Options
    Yeah I just saw this! It's awesome news!! I'm sure it will continue to be appealed, but it's definitely a nice step forward. 
  • Options
    Yay!
    5/27/12
  • Options
    Awesome! 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    hooray!
  • Options
    That is awesome!  I know there will be a long fight still ahead.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ca-gay-marriage-ban-lifted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8051eb2d-7372-44ac-bacc-94fce4e0b20cPost:c5da77ad-685b-420e-9ae7-74bda03b9fee">CA Gay Marriage Ban Lifted!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well it is just a good day for women (and men) everywhere! First the evil cockroach steps down from SGK, and now CA gay marriage ban gets lifted! (Link courtesy Marley!) CLICKY
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]
    And the Giants parade was today. jus sayin. It's been a pretty big day in NY today. No one went to work, they're all at Modells and D!cks <em>(TK seriously made me edit that)</em> buying up Giants merch or in the city tossing around confetti. It's like a holiday over here.

I am really excited that a lot of the truth behind SGK foundation is coming out, especially today. I'm reading this article... <a rel="nofollow" href="http://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/07/us/komen-executive-resigns/?hpt=us_c2" target="_blank">Clicky</a>
    And I think it's pretty interesting to see how some people aren't able to seperate their basic cause with their politics. It's one thing to be against abortion, but the money they were donating had nothing to do with that, but Handel didn't care.

I hope this overturning thing stands up in the supreme court.

Today has been a good day so far. :)
  • Options
    Yay!! It's not the end, but it's a step forward! 
  • Options
    I honestly hope this goes all the way to the Supreme Court, because then once the SC determines it's unconstitutional, no state can ban gay marriages.  It's astounding to me how this is even an issue....
    Anniversary
  • Options
    This is awesome news!!

• Options
    Ugh...I should have known better than to read the comments on our local news site to this news.  I've been arguing with bigotted idiots for the last hour about what legalizing gay marriage would mean.

If only there were a cure for stupid....
    Anniversary
  • Options
    This makes me extremely happy!!! I'm glad CA got some sense.

And here is a relevant someecard (courtesy of George Takei)

• Options
    YAY!!! It shouldn't have even taken this long!
  • Options
    Awesome! (I wasn't around yesterday-thus my catching up on everything today)
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards