Not Engaged Yet
Options

Hopefully all I need is sleep... (mini pity party)

I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed by everything that grad school is throwing at me the last week and a half. I know it may not seem like a Master's in performance is a lot of work, but it's a huge time commitment. Between learning music in my own time (full operas, scenes, and individual songs) and rehearsing for the major productions (3-5 hours/day, 4-5 days/week), I have a manditory research course, a French class, and a stage directing class. Part of the requirements for the operas and the individual pieces (and really, just part of good performance practice) is to provide and memorize both literal and poetic translations (most of them are not originally in English) as well as International Phoentic Alphabet transcriptions of the text. I also have to research the composer and historical context of the pieces to further inform my performance. Basically, while I'm so excited to be performing so often, I forgot how much it sucks to have to do all the performance prep work at the same time as academic classes.

CN: I have so much stuff to do between now and Christmas break, and my head is kinda exploding, so the article I just read for my research class seemed like it said:

Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards