Not Engaged Yet
Options

Other (non-TK) boards you've been on

Just a random thought that popped into my head today. What other kinds of message boards other than TK have you been on? Were you a lurker, a reg, or something in-between?

I used to mostly lurk on 8thcivic.com. I started when I was looking for a new car, and it was a great way to learn about my Civic from other owners. I'll still go search it if I have a question, but I'm not on it much anymore.

Prior to that, I was a reg on a hair forum (can't remember where exactly anymore). I was a reg on the hair extensions board and a semi-reg on the hair color board. So while I am not a licensed stylist, if you ever have a question about either topic, I'm happy to share what I know.

I've been on other stuff all the way back to the old Prodigy (the internet service, not the band) boards back in 1993, but I can't remember anything in particular.

Re: Other (non-TK) boards you've been on

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I occasionally post on the city-data.com message board for Coastal North Carolina.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually did not get into message boards until I joined here. I do not visit any other message boards beyond TK.
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm on Something Awful and a bird forum.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm on the August 2011 Moms board on TB but that's it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The message boards I used to be on were used for collaborative fiction (which is a fancy pants way of saying "role play"). I was on an Elizabethan-era fantasy board, several Rent themed boards and a music festival board.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_other-non-tk-boards-youve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:873e7ad3-a518-4847-b67c-d1a1e482fd65Post:6f22c445-54c4-4cc5-a6c7-b48de0128ebe">Re: Other (non-TK) boards you've been on</a>:
    [QUOTE]The message boards I used to be on were used for collaborative fiction (which is a fancy pants way of saying "role play"). I was on an Elizabethan-era fantasy board, several Rent themed boards and a music festival board.
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

I used to do Harry Potter role playing back in the day.
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Other than here, I usually look on randOm boards for reviewed on things I want to buy or instructions on doing stuff. I can't think of anything too particular.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like to lurk on TN, particuarly the Sex and Romance board. If you ever need a supplement of crazy...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_other-non-tk-boards-youve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:873e7ad3-a518-4847-b67c-d1a1e482fd65Post:2fe5e483-fd8a-4c04-85d1-2aeae625d2c0">Re: Other (non-TK) boards you've been on</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other (non-TK) boards you've been on : I used to do Harry Potter role playing back in the day.
    Posted by CoffeeBean330[/QUOTE]

Oh right on! I did a Marauders role play once, too. I was an awesome Sirius Black. I could tap into his 16 year old douchebaggery quite well =)

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to post on calorieking.com.
    It's really good to track calories and exercise, and the people there are super nice and supportive. We just spent most of our time discussing the same things and answering the same questions.  It got REALLY boring.

Plus, I can cuss here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Livejournal, which I'm actually still on. I just don't post as much now that my life is boring while I'm unemployed...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards