Not Engaged Yet

Think happy thoughts...

I'm having a bad day

I woke up when my ride to work texted me that he was outside

I got a bit splinter in my toe when I was running around getting ready and I'm starting to wonder if I got all of it out or not because it's KILLING me

We had a surprise snow storm so it took more than 2 hours to get to work

my coworker just found out that they are letting her kids out of school early because the weather is supposed to get WORSE as the day goes on

i forgot to pack a lunch

i have a headache & my sinuses are stuffed to the max.

welcome to my pitty party

On the bright side BF and I played monopoly last night and I completely dominated, beating him in about a half hour, which we think must be some kind of record. lol

Anyone else feel like bitching or sharing something happy to make me feel better?
image image image image 
"but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Think happy thoughts...

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't need to bitch but *HUG* I hope your day gets better.

I have good news tho - I had my ultrasound yesterday annnnd although the tec couldn't "tell me anything specific" she says that she didn't see anything to worry about! Yay for cyst free Paiges!! lol

And my boss said I can take off early on Tues,Wed,Thurs so I can get to them gym! She saw how hard I was working to loose weight and offered me this deal last night...real hush hush tho, don't tell my co-workers!teehee!!

And my chipped tooth vener thingy got fixed last night - and mom paid! wo0t!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
    edited December 2011

Oh and for the splinter grab some hydrogen peroxide and dump it on there.  It'll bubble and if there's anything there it should bring it to the surface so you can see it.  That's what mom always did when we were kids.

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Paige congrats on the good results and the sweet deal your boss gave you, that is awesome!
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    'shanks! I'm super pumped about the deal from the boss! She's such a sweet lady. hehe

And I vote that to beat the blues you have a snowball fight at lunch.  Throwing big balls of snow at people always makes me feel better!

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Might be a nice way to take out my agression.

I thinik I'm still extra fussy from being stuck in the car for so long, I should run up and down our hallway or something.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011

Sounds like a good way to expend some energy!

Murried Bio
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting a little annoyed with the bridesmaid dress search for my wedding. I keep telling them they can pick dresses that they each like, but they keep trying to agree on 1 dress. If one girl likes one dress and another one doesn't they rule it out. It sounds dumb but it kind of makes me want to growl.

You would think it would be the other way around... that they would be advocating for their say in dresses and I would be forcing them to agree.

In other news however, we got the tuxes figured out. That was an easy task. Now I just have to decide on 1 more usher.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    loopy sorry to hear about the dress drama. For the wedding i'm in this summer she told us we could get what we wanted but we all ended up with the same dress. I think we were so eager to make her happy that we jumped into it without thinking. Now as time as gone passed I'm really wishing that we'd put more thought into it, apparently we're going to have to pray for a cold july if we don't want to be sweating like pigs all day. :-(
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have some happy pictures to cheer you up.

Our nephew meeting Klaus

When we were saying good-bye, he said "Keeni, I love you."  I melted. 

But that melting did not even compare to seeing this...

at 5 weeks  (3 weeks ago)

8 weeks 1 day  (yesterday!!)

We could see the heart beating away.  Amazing. Then, she turned on the sound. 

Plus my OB said that everything is just perfect. 

• edited December 2011
    OH MY GOD MUTLEY!!
    That is so incredibly awesome,  I am so happy for you!

image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Mutley! So happy for you!
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
  • ashleyjo09ashleyjo09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to go to a stupid Board Training Class form 3:30 to 8pm tonight. Then I have court in the morning for my speeding ticket Undecided then heading to my 1st of 3 weddings (in 6 months) 3 hours away....and the wedding spot is suppose to get like 10 inches of snow/ice the night before the wedding. Say a little prayer for the bride that everything goes well! I talked to her today and she seems ok for now...
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww Mutley i am so excited and happy for you :) i'm glad someone is doing so well.

Not to be a downer but i had to end a 20 year friendship with a girl i have known since jr. high the other night. i have been there for this girl through every failed relationship and abusive past and even had to physically get her out a few times. She has been engaged for over 4 years because she is scraping by and now her fiance quit his job over something stupid and they were behind rent by nearly 2 months and having their water sometimes shut off and at times cannot afford food , but when i expressed concerned via email she got pissed off , angry and defensive and couldnt even answer my questions. Sigh. i tried..but seeing her out of work fiance update his facebook page every hour or more on my days off just got to me and i had to say soemthing. Of course her defense is the same that they are doing "just fine". Right. She really didn't like the part where i said if you cant make rent you shouldnt be thinking about getting married right now. They decided because of money they will just do the courthouse thing..but even so..i mean i feel they need to get their lives in order first.

Then of course she tried to call me out on an aspect of my relationship she knows nothing about , telling me to grow up. She was the only friend i knew for years but i couldn;t sit back and watch anymore. i don't regret saying how i felt , i just feel kind of sad now. /><
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011

Mutley- It makes all the sickness worth it doesn't it?

Button- We-they are being cautious with the fabric and weight of the dress because the wedding is at the end of August and all the pictures, ceremony and cocktail hour will be outside. We are all assuming it is more likely to be hot than cold, but this is MN we are talking about. You never know, it may be snowing that day....

edited December 2011
    OMG Mutley!! That's so amazing! I'm so happy for you and your hubby!

Murried Bio
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh mutley, I just about cried at work, that is so amazing. We are all going to be internets aunties. You just made my day. Congratulations, again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Tafft- That's too bad. I had a similar type of friend. Me getting engaged made me decide to part ways with her becuase she is so negative on men and relationships and I didn't want that going into my wedding. I wish you luck and hope that your friend sees the light sooner than later. Some people just need to live and learn.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    So Button, since you forgot to pack a lunch does that mean you get to treat yourself to an awesome lunch that you normally wouldn't have?
  • pinkpinotpinkpinot member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Mutley! How far along are you? 

As much as I love to skii, I'm over winter and over the snow.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Mutley- That is so amazing and I too almost cried at work. Your pup is adorable and I bet his "coming soon" playmate will be a million times cuter!

Button-- I know how you feel, I had the same type of morning until I got to thinking:

It may be 18 degrees in Michigan and I'm freezing and complaining about how cold it is but I could be living in Haiti where although it is super warm, everything is in destruction.
    I may have gained a few pounds and you can see a lovely muffin top over my pants but at least I am very well nurished and healthy.
    I may have a crappy lunch (powdered soup mix) today but at least I have something to eat...and it actually wasn't bad and for 45 calories it filled me up.
    I may complain about some duties of my job but at least I have a job to go to every day unlike so many people in this economy.

There are so many things that we take for granted each day and many of those things we complain about. Thinking about how much worse each of those things could be made me realize how selfish I was being and in a way gave me a bit of tough love to snap out of my funk. I hope this helps :)

..and how on earth did you finish a game of Monopoly in less than 1 hour, I usually play for 2 or until I say screw this an do something else, lol.

imageimageimageimage
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *hugs Buttons!

Mutley! congratulations! how wonderful!

Ashleyjo - consider yourself lucky. I have 9 weddings in the next 7 months, plus my own, and 7 of them are out-of-state.

• edited December 2011
    Aww, Mutley! Your little baby looks like a tadpole! How adorable and awesome and amazing! Laughing

Little Mutley Tadpole! <3

I lost 6 lbs in the last 3 weeks, and I haven't weighed myself yet this week, so I'm hoping for another 2 down. I am also going to a Gutts 'n Butts class today. I want a perky ghetto booty for my fabulous size 16 dress. I am determind that even if I lose a bunch of weight, my ass will remain fabulous.

Wink

I like big butts and I can not lie! You other brothers can't deny!
    That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist And a round thing in your face
    You get sprung!
    Wanna pull up tough Cuz you notice that butt was stuffed
    Deep in the jeans she's wearing I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
    Oh, baby I wanna get with ya  And take your picture
    My homeboys tried to warn me But that butt you got
    Make Me so horny
    Ooh, rump of smooth skin You say you wanna get in my benz
    Well use me use me cuz you aint that average groupy

You can do side bends or sit-ups, but please don't lose that butt!
    Some brothers wanna play that hard role And tell you that the butt ain't gold
    So they toss it and leave it And I pull up quick to retrieve it
    So cosmo says you're fat
    Well I ain't down with that
    Cuz your waist is small and your curves are kickin
    And I'm thinkin bout stickin
    To the beanpole dames in the magazines You aint it miss thing
    Give me a sista I can't resist her Red beans and rice didn't miss her

*dances all around the living room*

I don't care if my wedding dress didn't fit my ass! Because it's an awesome ass! They'll just have to get me a new one that DOES fit.

Wink Sing it with me, ladies!
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Jeana you just made my day with your song and dance!! lol

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, forgetting to pack lunch means that I am not eating today because I got a ride to work and therefor am with out transportation.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    That sucks!! Pizza? Delivery is great!

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.  I cannot stop looking at our bean.  Sigh. 

I second pizza.  I want pizza now.  :/  Hmmm...
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah!!! Congrats Jeana! that's great!!

What does your work-out plan look like??

• edited December 2011
    Pizza sounds good but I don't want to be stuck with a whole one to myself and no one else here would throw in for it. I'm just going to really enjoy dinner I guess.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011

Well that sucks...sorry Button :-/

Murried Bio
  • MeganFaceMeganFace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Button, sorry your day is crappy! I agree about the snowball fight, some endorphins might help! Though really I've never gotten that. I do feel nice after I go work out or something physical, but it's basically like doing a whip-it--nice high but it doesn't last! So I've never been on the "go to the gym it will brighten your day!" mentality.

But anyway, I hope you get a sweet dinner to make up for it!

Mutley--your bean looks just like my sister's peep! She is just a couple weeks ahead of you. :-) Happy things are looking good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards