Not Engaged Yet

Holiday Memories

So tonight I had ballet classes, they totall kicked my butt and will soon be off to bed.  However in one class tonight we did a combination from the nutcracker, the sugar plum fairy dance.  While I have never played The Sugar Plum Fairy, this time of year from being 11 through college was alway The Nutcracker time rehearsing and performing.  I love The Nutcracker with all of my heart.  It bring back so many good memories from childhood and high school and performing. Performing it everyone from a dance studio with parents sitting in,to the State Theater, Ballet always made me feel so beautiful.  Now as I've gotten older, I've replaced The Nutcracker with performing in A Christmas Carol every year. 

So do you have any special memories or childhood stories from the holidays? 
Any fun long standing holiday traditions, you would like to share?

Anniversary

Re: Holiday Memories

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    When I was 13, I was in the Nutcracker. I had danced for probably 10 years, and had to go through tryouts, which were nervewracking. I was one of the little angels that shuffles around the sugar plum fairy during the dance. It was so cool and my parents/family were so proud!

On a possible TMI note, I clearly remember having severe pains in my stomach at one of the rehearsals. When I got home that night, I discovered that I'd gotten my first period. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My family goes to Denny's every Christmas Eve. It started because we we're supposed to go to a holiday party at a friend of my parents. They had just bought a new place. This was before we had cell phones (gasp!) and the only thing we knew was the street and that there was a big light out front or something lame like that... Well every house had lights and it was snowing so we could hardly see anything. 

After knocking on two wrong doors we gave up and started driving around looking for somewhere to eat (which is pretty impossible). I remembered that Denny's was the restaurant in the Santa Clause so in a last ditch effort we headed there and they were open and it stuck. It's been at least ten years now and we still go to Denny's, open gifts from each other after, and then take pictures in front of the tree every Christmas Eve. :)
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    aww i love your stories.  Thanks for sharing!

Anniversary

• kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was really little my uncle used to dress up as Santa every year and give my cousins and I presents. We would all sing Christmas carols until we heard sleigh bells and then all of us would run up to my grandma's top floor and "look out the window to see Santa's sleigh." My same age cousin and I were the babies in the family so everyone would crowd around the window so we couldn't see anything and my uncle would run to the front door and come in as Santa.

So cheesy, but I thought it was THE COOLEST thing that Santa came to my grandma's house every year.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    I remember a few Christmas' we spend at my grandparent's old farm house. They had a laundry shoot that went from the upstairs bedrooms down to the laundry room which was conveniently located within earshot of the fireplace. We used to sneak our of our bedroom on Christmas Eve to listen through the vent and try to hear Santa. As we got older and knew Santa didn't exist, we just spied on our parents while they were laying out the stockings and putting the gifts under the tree.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards