Not Engaged Yet
Options

HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself!

Hi ladies!   I've been lurking here some but wanted to sort of step out of the shadows and say hello!

I am not 'formally' engaged in my mind (don't yet have a ring) but am living with my boyfriend and we are planning our future together.  He asked me to marry him on our 3rd date (not even joking) and we've been living together for a few months now.  I know...I know..it sounds crazy!  But, we've both been in long term relationships and engaged previously....and literally when we met it was love at first site.

We met online through Match.com - but it turns out that one of his long time friends actually married one of my college roommates!  They got married in CA...and we were both supposed to be at the wedding...but couldn't make it due to different circumstances in our lives at the time.  In fact, MANY times over the past 5 years...our paths could have crossed (and our friends that we had in common had tried to MAKE them cross) but they didn't.  It is funny how things work out!

Anyway...I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself and say "Hi" to everyone!
*** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself!

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

Funny how life works, isn't it?

How old are you and your BF?  What do you do for a living ?  Do you like Harry Potter?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI!!! I love your story :) Welcome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

I like your story a lot! I never believed people when they said things like, "when you know, you know" but it is how it works sometimes isn't it? My BF and I were friends and then sort of half dating/FWB for a while, but as soon as we both decided to try for real, everything just clicked really fast.

Favorite food/book/movie? :)
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Hi, welcome. If your screen name is your real name (which I'm guessing it is), you probably want to go ahead and change it now. People on the interwebz be crazy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Hi Elle!

I answered some of the "poll" questions on the intro thread above...but let's see:

I am 32, going to be 33 later this month.  My boyfriend, Tom, is 34 going to be 35 in October.  I am a an executive recruiter/headhunter for a living...and make independent films as a 'hobby'

And I do like Harry Potter :)

• Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    edited December 2011

How would I change my screenname?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you need to create a new account for that.

and welcome!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Cute story. My parents got engaged on their 3rd date and just celebrated their 31st anniversary :)

How do you feel about potatoes? Pasta? Wine?
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome! i'm new too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    edited December 2011

Thank you all for your warm welcomes! 

And, Anne - I love wine.  One of my favorite things to do, when I'm not working, working on movies...or out fishing with my guy...is to tour around different local wineries and try what they have.  Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to do that recently, but it is always fun when I do get to go!

• Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    How do you feel about sushi? Hummus? Aaaaand what's your favorite quote?

Welcome! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-wanted-say-hi-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8c28f59e-7e9b-45bb-b9a3-6a5f1577a993Post:32156374-c603-4c3d-a192-79b97071d8c4">Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! Cute story. My parents got engaged on their 3rd date and just celebrated their 31st anniversary :) How do you feel about potatoes? Pasta? Wine?
    Posted by AnneR15[/QUOTE]

Sorry to threadjack..but wow really? That's crazy! (in a good way obviously)
    What's the story behind it?
    5/27/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OP- Welcome! Cute story =]
    5/27/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-wanted-say-hi-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8c28f59e-7e9b-45bb-b9a3-6a5f1577a993Post:e58c0ff4-a9df-4265-81f0-e78d094e4c21">Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you a fan of Philadelphia sports?
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) <3 <3 <3 <3

Sorry to threadjack, but I <3 Philadelphia sports <3
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-wanted-say-hi-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8c28f59e-7e9b-45bb-b9a3-6a5f1577a993Post:f654882c-0ad9-4287-a7a9-1b86059d2a1e">Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself! : EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) <3 <3 <3 <3 Sorry to threadjack, but I <3 Philadelphia sports <3
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

Oh nooooo...I really liked you too :(

JK JK
    5/27/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-wanted-say-hi-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8c28f59e-7e9b-45bb-b9a3-6a5f1577a993Post:85016a3b-26ed-4a2c-8096-aed17c35ea62">Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself! : Oh nooooo...I really liked you too :( JK JK
    Posted by jaycee7389[/QUOTE]

LMFAO. I am not the typical philly fan - I'm okay with the Steelers, but don't like the Pirates, and the only good part of the Penguins are that, I love penguins the animal, and that Mario Lemiuex is fanfvckingtastic. LOL.
    We can still be friends...just not in regards to sports :-P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also love all Philly sports, except for the Eagles *ducks*. Welcome, Kathy :) Did you go to Drexel or does your sn refer to something else?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-wanted-say-hi-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8c28f59e-7e9b-45bb-b9a3-6a5f1577a993Post:b19095bc-01f9-4e36-995c-786f0776fc55">Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself! : I like you.   Except for the part when you said the Steelers are okay.  But I'll let it slide.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

Oh good. I just meant I don't despise them on the same level as the Devils or the Red wings. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-wanted-say-hi-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8c28f59e-7e9b-45bb-b9a3-6a5f1577a993Post:0346ce3a-990a-4e65-a739-5769b8fd5428">Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself! : LMFAO. I am not the typical philly fan - I'm okay with the Steelers, but don't like the Pirates, and the only good part of the Penguins are that, I love penguins the animal, and that Mario Lemiuex is fanfvckingtastic. LOL. We can still be friends...just not in regards to sports :-P

Lol I couldn't care less about hockey or baseball...just football. =]
    5/27/12
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I like the story, very cute!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-wanted-say-hi-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8c28f59e-7e9b-45bb-b9a3-6a5f1577a993Post:ea3a5186-8526-4bdf-9ac2-9a6821905b72">Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jaycee, we are going to have problems when football season comes around....RAVENSSSSS!! haha
    Posted by laurenb09[/QUOTE]

Haha oh nooo! FI and I went to the Ravens/Steelers playoff games last year..it was crazy! FI is such an instigator though.. I was so embarrassed.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-wanted-say-hi-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8c28f59e-7e9b-45bb-b9a3-6a5f1577a993Post:5bc793e5-883d-4080-b323-56876d8da3f4">Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself! : Oh good. I just meant I don't <strong>despise</strong> them on the same level as the Devils or the <strong>Red wings</strong>. :)

I am not sure if we can be friends any more :(
    Oh and OP welcome :)  Do you like cheese?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Allisonesq77Allisonesq77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello there! I'm a newbie too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-wanted-say-hi-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8c28f59e-7e9b-45bb-b9a3-6a5f1577a993Post:f654882c-0ad9-4287-a7a9-1b86059d2a1e">Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself! : EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) <3 <3 <3 <3 Sorry to threadjack, but I <3 Philadelphia sports <3
    I think we're sisters or something!<div>
    </div><div>And welcome!! Do you like cookies? :)</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Raven, SERIOUSLY?!?!?! How did I not know this?!?!?!?! And it's okay...i still love you...BF and one of my really good friends love the red wings..
  • Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    edited December 2011
    i am a huge eagles and phillies phan .l
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I love your story and Im from  NJ too!

Anniversary

• Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-wanted-say-hi-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8c28f59e-7e9b-45bb-b9a3-6a5f1577a993Post:26d5cbb4-f5d2-462f-aa09-684e6274ecd5">Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself! : I consider myself a Ravens fan now because of Joe Flacco.  Really though, I love watching football and have at least 4 teams I really like watching, a bunch that I really really don't like, and the Eagles, who I love.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

YAYYY Flacco!! Did you ever meet him?
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-wanted-say-hi-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8c28f59e-7e9b-45bb-b9a3-6a5f1577a993Post:70e81dd1-35d9-4bcc-b8fe-22673ddc4547">Re: HI! Wanted to say hi and introduce myself!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also love all Philly sports, except for the Eagles *ducks*. Welcome, Kathy :) <strong>Did you go to Drexel or does your sn refer to something else?</strong>
    Posted by SilverLining1[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about that, too. I would never have heard of Drexel except one of my BMs went there for med school.
  • Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah...i graduated from Drexel....not a very original screen name, huh? Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards