Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

favorite soundtrack songs as prelude music?

I am having some trouble with prelude music. I HATE classical music and I don't think contemporary popish music will be appropriate with the rest of the ceremony. I had an idea to use instumental songs from our favorite movies (my fiance and I are huge movie lovers!) Songs I have considered are the theme to forrest gump(his favorite movie), "kissing you" from romeo and juliet, "i don't want to miss a thing" from armageddon, and other songs like these. I am trying to decide if this is a clever idea or just tacky?!?!

Re: favorite soundtrack songs as prelude music?

• Options
    Works for me.  Our prelude music is going to be piano versions of our favorite songs from the Final Fantasy games.  As long as you stick to the obscure stuff (i.e. no Aerosmith), most people probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway.

Check out Vitamin String Quartet, they do covers of contemporary songs.  Our recessional and postlude are going to be VSQ.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I like it we're doing lost of country songs and some "popish" music for ours, just havta make sure if your doing it in a church the officiant is alright with it
    ~yovey~ BabyName Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't see any problem with this. I'm actually doing the same thing as Aerin (Final Fantasy and other video game music). At the moment, I haven't picked anything from them, but I know the Vitamin String Quartet gets a lot of recommendations.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I think movies that have meanings to you two would be really sweet.  It's always nice to include sentimental value in your choices...really makes it more personal that way.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Options
    Sounds cute to me.
  • Options
    I think it sounds really cute.  We are looking at doing the same thing with the instrumental versions. The Vitamin String Quartet actually has a CD (we found it on itunes) called "the rock 'n' roll wedding collection.  Great stuff... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I think it's a great idea to have songs played.  We're going to have the DJ do the ceremony since it's at the same place as the reception.  And it's your wedding, so how you guys want to have it pan out is how you should do it. 
    Amanda G.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards