Not Engaged Yet
Options

Gotta remember to take my meds (vent)

I hate doctors. I know they usually make you feel better, but I still hate it. I have hypothyroidism too and tend to get moody/easily overwhelmed when I forget to take my pills and so since I'm out and haven't gotten them refilled yet, I'm having an off day.

I have my urology visit tomorrow. It's a completely new hospital, new doctor, new everything. Usually FI makes me feel better before I go to these things, lol, but tonight I'm staying at my parents' house because it's only a 20 minute drive versus the hour and a half from our apartment. I won't have to miss as much work this way and then I'm hanging out with my mom tomorrow afterwards and going to see my grandparents.

That's a sad story in itself. I feel horrible that I haven't even seen them once this year yet. They're only in Ohio a few months out of the year and they spend the other months in Florida. My grandma is not doing as well anymore though. She's starting to forget things, forget names, forget what she said just five minutes ago. I called her this weekend to tell her about the engagement and that I'd stop by to see them this week before they go back to Florida and she got confused and told my uncle that we were getting married this week.

Also, my mom frustrated me with her lack of communication today. We've had plans to hang out tomorrow, but then then today we're talking about it and she forgets what we're doing and I end up feeling bad because I can't do things how she wants or it doesn't work out somehow. She also seems to think that, because I work from home, my hours don't mean as much. She's always trying to get me to take off work or take off early ... I can't ask her to do that, so why does she expect it from me? I've tried explaining the communication issues and my job to her several times, but she just doesn't seem to get it. I work full-time. Just because that is from home doesn't mean that I can do it whenever I want and just because I can't take off work, that doesn't mean I don't want to see her.

I'm starting to see why people always say that wedding planning is stressful. I haven't even started yet and I'm already feeling pulled in 3 directions trying to please everyone, lol. I am an only daughter and FI is an only child, so I want to make sure his mom is involved with stuff I'm doing since she won't get to experience that otherwise and I am trying to keep my mom happy so she doesn't feel left out, but still want to include my best friend in this too and then I don't want to make decisions without FI approving too. I guess I just need to figure out some kind of organization and also tell people to just chillax and not be in such a rush.

Key points: I forgot to take my pills, so I'm moody. My mom frustrates me sometimes, my grandma is losing her memory, people need to chillax with the wedding planning, and I don't wanna go to the doctor!

Sorry to be whiney, but it's late and I still have to work another 45 minutes and then get up to work at 5 am again. I don't even need people to read and write back; it just helps to get it out.
-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Gotta remember to take my meds (vent)

• Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Giant hugs.

I know how that is. I hate doctors and I'm a bit of a hypocondriac as well. Not a fan of doctors though. I always get sooo nervous before I go!!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My other comments apply, but I'm also adding *hugs*
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    Also, if it's not too much to ask, can I get good vibes for FI's mom too? She had a mamogram show some kind of lump and is going to have to have further testing to see if it's cancerous. So any prayers for her there would be appreciated.

On a happy note, we did get to go to the Halloween parade tonight. It was fun to see all the little kiddies dressed up and I always love to see the marching bands too!
    -Ely

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_gotta-remember-meds-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9103e775-339c-439e-95c9-3020c636e805Post:eccd443d-43c2-43ab-bcee-e8e260699e10">Re: Gotta remember to take my meds (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Giant hugs. I know how that is. I hate doctors and I'm a bit of a hypocondriac as well. Not a fan of doctors though. I always get sooo nervous before I go!!
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I'm also more nervous because I usually see a female nurse and I am more comfortable with women as doctors, but this one will be a guy and I don't know exactly what he's going to have to do to check out my bladder, so I'm nervous about that I guess. I'm hoping for another basic sample or blood test or something like that. I hate having to put on that gown. : /
    -Ely

• Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    Vibes coming way, darling! And to your FMIL! (Yup...that's right....FMIL!)
    ::hugs::

I need to take my pills too. I've been too lazy to go out for my supplements and I can tell!! I got them today though. :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_gotta-remember-meds-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9103e775-339c-439e-95c9-3020c636e805Post:02c91eca-ff33-45f6-9def-2973da9600cf">Re: Gotta remember to take my meds (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vibes coming way, darling! And to your FMIL! (<strong>Yup...that's right....FMIL!) </strong>::hugs:: I need to take my pills too. I've been too lazy to go out for my supplements and I can tell!! I got them today though. :)
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

That's still so weird to me. I just barely get used to saying FI and then I realize I now have a FMIL too, lol. I love it but it's so weird!
    -Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im sorry hugs.  My grandma has alzheimers so I know what it is like when grandma forgets it can be frustrating. I hope today is better.

Anniversary

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_gotta-remember-meds-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9103e775-339c-439e-95c9-3020c636e805Post:d89b9982-735d-4421-9cac-ad0ee34ea765">Re: Gotta remember to take my meds (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im sorry hugs.  My grandma has <strong>alzheimers</strong> so I know what it is like when grandma forgets it can be frustrating. I hope today is better.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

That is such a horrible and cruel disease. I am terrified of it. My cousin's grandma started to get it a few years ago and she has handled it fairly well I guess, but it's just heartbreaking.
    -Ely

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Sending you great big HUGS & will keep your FMIL in my t&p for sure!!

• Options
    paintgirlpaintgirl member
    edited December 2011
    Hey E - I'm hypo too. I've never made the connection between mood and pills. I should watch that though - I'm famous for taking my pills late.

For your first visit, the urologist is unlikely to do anything too crazy. When I saw one, we did the big stuff the second visit.  So today should be easy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another thing, I don't know what your symptoms are but when I was having problems, I had a small kidney stone. It passed (dear lord) but I was still in major pain. It turns out I had endometriosis - on my bladder. It was causing the pain, which got worse if I had to go and waited - even just a few minutes. (I guess the pressure of a full bladder made it worse?)

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there since it looks like 2 gals are having problems.

Good luck today!
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_gotta-remember-meds-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9103e775-339c-439e-95c9-3020c636e805Post:2a0aa681-8fa0-4563-8a85-5bffc8ef8017">Re: Gotta remember to take my meds (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another thing,<strong> I don't know what your symptoms are</strong> but when I was having problems, I had a small kidney stone. It passed (dear lord) but I was still in major pain. It turns out I had endometriosis - on my bladder. It was causing the pain, which got worse if I had to go and waited - even just a few minutes. (I guess the pressure of a full bladder made it worse?) Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there since it looks like 2 gals are having problems. Good luck today!
    Posted by paintgirl[/QUOTE]

The weird thing is that I have no pain at all. I drink what I consider to be a fairly normal amount of water a day: 75 oz. but I have to go to the bathroom at least 15 times a day. It's every hour. Sometimes it feels normal, but then the other times I feel like I lose pressure midway or I can't empty and I still have to go when I stand back up. And sometimes when it's really bad, I will have to go like you would not believe (usually at night or early morning, but not always) but nothing will come out. I'll have to go so bad and it's like it freezes up. I drink most of my water in the day, before dinner usually, so I'm not sure why I would have to go that badly or not be able to. I thought I was having headaches, but none lately. I also get dizzy when I stand up pretty often, but I don't know if they're related. Sometimes I feel like I'm so tired, but there is no reason for it (could be the hypothyroid). I just am not sure, so I want to get it checked out. It doesn't sound like what you described because there is absolutely no pain. I just have issues with frequency and pressure I guess.
    -Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, definitely not the same symptoms. I hope the doctor can help you!!

Do you take any vitamins? I used to take a multi+calcium but calcium can block the absorbtion of Synthroid. I've been told not to take that. I too was really tired and sluggish so I went for a thyroid test. It turns out I had a major vitamin D deficiency (thank you, summer in 118 degree temps, staying inside and never seeing the sun). Check with your endocrinologist or even ask the urologist today if there would be any harm in taking a vitamin D supplement (just in case the extra vitamin D is hard on the bladder or something and would make your situation worse). I've been taking major doses (at my doc's recommendation) to get back to a decent level and I do feel better. (Could be placebo effect - who knows - but who cares if it works!) :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Seconding previous comments about your appointment. They will usually not do anything too invasive on your first appointment, until they know what tests they want to run based on your symptoms.

And I understand what you mean about dreading going to the doctor's office. I have several ongoing medical issues, one of which took three years and about nine different doctors to diagnose. In the last four years, I've gone from having no problem going to the doctor's office to absolutely dreading it. After a while, you get really, really tired of being poked and prodded.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_gotta-remember-meds-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9103e775-339c-439e-95c9-3020c636e805Post:190a4b53-5a15-468e-bf6d-fa1cf3ab24b0">Re: Gotta remember to take my meds (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yeah, definitely not the same symptoms. I hope the doctor can help you!! Do you take any vitamins? I used to take a multi+calcium but calcium can block the absorbtion of Synthroid. I've been told not to take that. I too was really tired and sluggish so I went for a thyroid test. It turns out I had a major vitamin D deficiency (thank you, summer in 118 degree temps, staying inside and never seeing the sun). Check with your endocrinologist or even ask the urologist today if there would be any harm in taking a vitamin D supplement (just in case the extra vitamin D is hard on the bladder or something and would make your situation worse). I've been taking major doses (at my doc's recommendation) to get back to a decent level and I do feel better. (Could be placebo effect - who knows - but who cares if it works!) :)
    Posted by paintgirl[/QUOTE]

I do take vitamins, but I take them in the morning and I take my synthroid at night, so that shouldn't be an issue. I do take vitamin D too, so I'll ask about that. Thanks for the suggestions!
    -Ely

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_gotta-remember-meds-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9103e775-339c-439e-95c9-3020c636e805Post:317268f5-d00c-4790-bc58-8bcf933d883b">Re: Gotta remember to take my meds (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seconding previous comments about your appointment. They will usually not do anything too invasive on your first appointment, until they know what tests they want to run based on your symptoms. And I understand what you mean about dreading going to the doctor's office. <strong>I have several ongoing medical issues, one of which took three years and about nine different doctors to diagnose</strong>. In the last four years, I've gone from having no problem going to the doctor's office to absolutely dreading it. After a while, you get really, really tired of being poked and prodded.
    Posted by oceana919[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I'm glad they figured it out but that seems like a huge pain. I feel as though the process of getting my Mirena put in was enough poking and prodding for the year. I'm glad to hear that I shouldn't expect anything too horrible this first visit, but I kinda wish they'd just do it and get it over with too. I hate taking off work and having to drive so far to see the doctor.
    -Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm late, but wanted to say that I hope that the appointment went/goes well today!  Good vibes for you and all the other ladies with health issues!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards