Not Engaged Yet
Options

I need adult Garanimals...PIP

Ok, So I BF and I have a wedding to go to this weekend, which I typically have no issue dressing my self for- follow the formality of the invite/ time/ venue. Check. But this wedding is throwing me for a loop. Its an at home wedding, but the invite is semi - formal and the house (brides' mother's) is in a more up scale area of town (think smaller century homes on a street that dead ends into Lake Erie). However, since its an out door wedding, and its supposed to be 68 and rainy on Saturday I'm at a loss. 

I'm sure that its not 'casual' but i'm worried about how not casual it will be (does that make sense?) I've decided I would treat it like a 'normal' wedding... Here's what I've come up with 

It a heavy satin, with simple black peep toe pump (1' heel). I have a grey wrap. Does this look ok? Is the necklace too much? Also, any tips on using hair rollers like THESE (clicky) would be helpful...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I need adult Garanimals...PIP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE that outfit...with the necklace! I think it's perfect because it's one of those that can look super elegant and dressy, but wouldn't look over the top if everyone else is in sundresses. Perfect! I think you hit the nail on the head.

Sorry I can't help you out with the curlers. I have insanely curly hair, so I've never used them!
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think you look great.  Bring a wrap or cardigan in case you get too cool.

I despise rollers (they hate me, too; it's mutual) so I'm no help there.
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pretty! Both you and the dress!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's actually perfect! The necklace is great for that dress.

You know, when in doubt, ask someone else you know is going to the wedding what they're wearing. Or, ask the MOH (if you know her) to double-check what the dress code is.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are using rollers, don't put too much hair on the roller and roll under, it will make the curls more natural. I hope that makes sense.

And yes, the outfit looks great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I feel better about the outfit now :)

CCO- I do understand, thanks :) Any req's on a curl enhancer? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Outfit looks fabulous.  With the hair rollers if you're like  me and stick straight hair I say a little hair spray on the hair before you roll it up.  Not to much hair in each roller like CCO said. Make sure to seperate hair into sections frrom top to bottom.  So pretty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_need-adult-garanimalspip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9385bb42-713d-473d-a5d6-dbbbe5406c29Post:7e04af38-2edf-4006-bbc2-105092258313">Re: I need adult Garanimals...PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies! I feel better about the outfit now :) CCO- I do understand, thanks :) Any req's on a curl enhancer? 
    Posted by lennonkdc[/QUOTE]

I like curl enhancing creams mixed with a BIT of gel and put LIGHTLY through your hair. I also do hairspray on each curl AFTER the roller comes out, because I don't want my hair crunchy. Use your finger to seperate curls and style once its all done. Then spray all over and don't touch it. lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the outfit!

Do you have a peacoat? A longer one would look cute I think, and keep you warm. CLICK
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards