Not Engaged Yet

Brag Thread! What are you proud of?

Starting this thread for purely selfish reasons, but I am so so SO excited that I made my sales goal yesterday! Started this job a little less than 4 months ago, knowing that sales would be a big part of it but not knowing how tough sales would be. I was so stressed the first 2 months that I broke down in tears to BF at least 5 times, and was close to quitting because I didn't believe I would ever get better at it. This month, not only have I made my sales goal with 3 selling days to go in the month, but I'm in first place on my team by over $10k! I'll be getting a bonus for the first time ever, but mostly I'm just relieved and excited to finally be contributing to the success of my team :-)

Feel free to share anything you want to brag about, or anything you're proud of!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Brag Thread! What are you proud of?

• Yesterday was my two year anniversary of becoming a cancer research nurse, yay!

• Congrats, hummingbird and stillwell!

H and I just bout one-way tickets to Paris for June 10th of next year for $5 plus frequent flyer miles. SQUEEEEE!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_brag-thread-what-are-you-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:950bdc6e-4522-4f3d-b00f-a2a5effd7f07Post:474790e4-5138-433f-a528-adbc7aa9ffc0">Re: Brag Thread! What are you proud of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats, hummingbird and stillwell! H and I just bout one-way tickets to Paris for June 10th of next year for $5 plus frequent flyer miles. SQUEEEEE!
    Posted by mookow86[/QUOTE]

<div>Where/how????</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We both signed up for a credit card a while back that came with 50,000 miles on United.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Liv, you are the most awesomesauce person ever.  Just FYI.

I'm proud of having the strength to put down Gemini...even though I didn't want to let her go.

I'm proud that I will have a beautiful wedding (in 8 DAYS) that FI and I paid for 100% by ourselves, without a DIME from anyone else. 

I'm proud to be the youngest person working for my company...and being appointed a support staff after only 6 months on the job.

I'm proud of having the strength to walk away from law school, even though my family and several of my friends told me I was crazy.

I'm proud of the fact that, despite being surrounded by only unhealthy relationships in my childhood, I have a healthy, happy, wonderful relationship with the person I consider to be my best friend in the world.

I'm proud to call you girls my friends.
  • Liv, Still, Hummingbird - Awesome stuff.

I recently learned that our friends here consider me "the smart one" of our little group.  Considering our little group consists of me + several med students, I'm pretty proud.

Even though I hate my current job and it's a big step down for me career-wise, I'm kind of proud that I was willing to make this [temporary] sacrifice so H could pursue his dream.

I'm proud that I got to my absolute goal weight for our wedding and, even though I've gained a couple pounds back since, I'm proud that I now know what to do to have the body I want...  even if strapless stuff gives me back fat.  ;-)

I'm proud of my utter nerdiness.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_brag-thread-what-are-you-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:950bdc6e-4522-4f3d-b00f-a2a5effd7f07Post:23710bd4-5bd1-491c-8bc8-f6ea781ed2fa">Re: Brag Thread! What are you proud of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Liv, you are the most awesomesauce person ever.  Just FYI. I'm proud of having the strength to put down Gemini...even though I didn't want to let her go. I'm proud that I will have a beautiful wedding (in 8 DAYS) that FI and I paid for 100% by ourselves, without a DIME from anyone else.  I'm proud to be the youngest person working for my company...and being appointed a support staff after only 6 months on the job. I'm proud of having the strength to walk away from law school, even though my family and several of my friends told me I was crazy. I'm proud of the fact that, despite being surrounded by only unhealthy relationships in my childhood, I have a healthy, happy, wonderful relationship with the person I consider to be my best friend in the world. I'm proud to call you girls my friends.
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

I'm proud of you, too.  For all this.
  • You girls are all amazeballs!!

I'm proud of being a pilot.  Sometimes I forget that.  It's hard to remember when I spend most days in the office and not out in the jet.  But, I'm off on a trip today overseas where I'll get to see my MOH and that's awesome.  I couldn't do it with any other job!

I'm kind of proud that I lost some much-needed weight.  I really need to focus on toning now though so I don't have any visible TBF or flabby belly or dangly arm stuff.

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_brag-thread-what-are-you-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:950bdc6e-4522-4f3d-b00f-a2a5effd7f07Post:9da9a371-5784-4ad6-a89d-4cbd81e14825">Re: Brag Thread! What are you proud of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You girls are all amazeballs!! I'm proud of being a pilot.  Sometimes I forget that.  It's hard to remember when I spend most days in the office and not out in the jet.  But, I'm off on a trip today overseas where I'll get to see my MOH and that's awesome.  I couldn't do it with any other job! I'm kind of proud that I lost some much-needed weight.  I really need to focus on toning now though <strong>so I don't have any visible TBF or flabby belly or dangly arm stuff.</strong>
    Posted by flygirlmeg[/QUOTE]

Less typing more paddling.  Where do you think I got my guns from.... :)

I am in awe of all you ladies, many wonderful accomplishments, hmmm cupcakes....

I am proud that I have lasted a year in a house that is still under remodeling.  I joke about this but I am serious, who else could really live off cooking on an electric griddle, toaster oven, microwave, camping stove and slow cooker?  I miss baking though, but I tell myself having a house that designed to my vision is worth it.  Which leads me to brag about my hubby who has and is building me my dream kitchen from scratch, no pre built stuff this all pieces of wood that he cut and milled himself on top of him working a full time job.  When he's done he told me "<strong>he bake me a cake in the kitchen that he built</strong>"  if anyone knows where that line is from I'll give you a cookie.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_brag-thread-what-are-you-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:950bdc6e-4522-4f3d-b00f-a2a5effd7f07Post:c6e97d7a-dfed-4410-9f6a-900ef58e42e3">Re: Brag Thread! What are you proud of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brag Thread! What are you proud of? : Less typing more paddling.  Where do you think I got my guns from.... :) I am in awe of all you ladies, many wonderful accomplishments, hmmm cupcakes.... I am proud that I have lasted a year in a house that is still under remodeling.  I joke about this but I am serious, who else could really live off cooking on an electric griddle, toaster oven, microwave, camping stove and slow cooker?  I miss baking though, but I tell myself having a house that designed to my vision is worth it.  Which leads me to brag about my hubby who has and is building me my dream kitchen from scratch, no pre built stuff this all pieces of wood that he cut and milled himself on top of him working a full time job.  When he's done he told me " he bake me a cake in the kitchen that he built " <strong> if anyone knows where that line is from I'll give you a cookie.</strong>
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

Old Spice commercial!!!!!  Where's my cookie?!?!?

P.S. I won't get to paddle until August 5th.  SAD FACE.
  • This is why I love coming on to NEY, is because you are all such amazing ladies and you do amazing things that make me proud to be an internet stranger in your midst! (Im not creepy, I promise...)

Im proud of getting into Vet Tech school, and finally having a clear career path, and having a direction in life.

Im proud that even though sometimes I want to pull my hair out and cry because of the way customers treat me, I dont, and have developed a thicker skin and a better attitude because of it.

Im also proud that Ive stuck by BFs side, even though weve had some pretty rough patches. A lot of things are against us sometimes, but Ive managed to keep my cool and focus on the fact that we love each other, and every hard time brings us closer together in the good.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_brag-thread-what-are-you-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:950bdc6e-4522-4f3d-b00f-a2a5effd7f07Post:d5d4fc48-c0ac-4fb7-a9b0-b65020798790">Re: Brag Thread! What are you proud of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brag Thread! What are you proud of? : Old Spice commercial!!!!!  Where's my cookie?!?!? P.S. I won't get to paddle until August 5th.  SAD FACE.
    Posted by flygirlmeg[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha this why I love you so much you know where my mind is!  I'll give you a cookie when you come and SUP with me next time!  We can go to the Viet place for brunch afterwards. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_brag-thread-what-are-you-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:950bdc6e-4522-4f3d-b00f-a2a5effd7f07Post:90b3d90a-c098-4352-983a-7dbade7e7742">Re: Brag Thread! What are you proud of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brag Thread! What are you proud of? : Hahahaha this why I love you so much you know where my mind is!  I'll give you a cookie when you come and SUP with me next time!  We can go to the Viet place for brunch afterwards. 

CANNOT WAIT.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_brag-thread-what-are-you-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:950bdc6e-4522-4f3d-b00f-a2a5effd7f07Post:18d12326-641c-47af-965f-d7da2a3bd1c7">Re: Brag Thread! What are you proud of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm proud that after I sucked at college the first time around (6 years for a BA in psychology with a lousy GPA), I went back, and 5 years later (and 1 more semester from now), I'll have a masters degree in engineering with an awesome GPA, and experience at a world renowned research institute.
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]

Yet another reason that Buggle is awesome.
  • cmkkcmkk member
    First Comment
    Hmmm... This is a good thread. You ladies are all very accomplished. I'm proud of the relationship I've built with BF and his family. He recently told his brother that he was planning on proposing and his brother was happy for us. This brother is all about dating dumb hot chicks and playing the field. Even months ago I don't think he would have understood but recently he has recognized how happy we make each other. I'm proud that BF and I have gotten our sex life back on track, until recently it has been strained and rare because of my chronic pain and fatigue and some meds I was taking. I'm proud that I have started losing weight and except for one night, I have managed to avoid disordered eating while doing it. I'm the heaviest I've ever been, 20 lbs more than I was before I fell ill a year and a half ago. I have never learned to lose weight in a healthy way, so I'm proud of my self control, both in not eating too much or too little.
  • I'm proud to call you all my friends, you have great things to be proud of.  Moocow so jealous of Paris next year!!!

I'm proud of myself for going through this leadership seminar I went to the past 2 days.  I met amazing people from my company from all over the country.  I learned so much over the past two days about myself and where I want to go with my job.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_brag-thread-what-are-you-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:950bdc6e-4522-4f3d-b00f-a2a5effd7f07Post:c6e97d7a-dfed-4410-9f6a-900ef58e42e3">Re: Brag Thread! What are you proud of?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brag Thread! What are you proud of? : Less typing more paddling.  Where do you think I got my guns from.... :) I am in awe of all you ladies, many wonderful accomplishments, hmmm cupcakes.... I am proud that I have lasted a year in a house that is still under remodeling.  <strong>I joke about this but I am serious, who else could really live off cooking on an electric griddle, toaster oven, microwave, camping stove and slow cooker?</strong>  I miss baking though, but I tell myself having a house that designed to my vision is worth it.  Which leads me to brag about my hubby who has and is building me my dream kitchen from scratch, no pre built stuff this all pieces of wood that he cut and milled himself on top of him working a full time job.  When he's done he told me " he bake me a cake in the kitchen that he built "  if anyone knows where that line is from I'll give you a cookie.

My cousin is a carpenter and has been remodeling his house for years now because he's always working so never has time to work on his own house. The kitchen has been under construction for at least six years now. His wife has gone at least SIX YEARS without a stove/oven. Who does that??!!

• Wow I am amazed by all of the great things you ladies have accomplished!  So awesome! 

I am proud that I was the first person in my family to graduate college with a BA and I managed to pull off  3.65 GPA even though I had not so great grades my first two years of undergrad.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards