Not Engaged Yet
Options

Keep me sane

So it's easy enough to give out advice, but now I need it. BF and I are celebrating our anniversary tomorrow, and this is the first special occasion since we went ring shopping. He's dropped some hints (which is so frustrating) that lead me to believe a proposal this weekend is at least a possibility.

I'm actually surprised how well I've been doing not thinking about it - thanks to you ladies and this board, I can't believe how much that's helped!

But I think it would still be beneficial to hear all the reasons why tomorrow won't be the night and how to relax and enjoy myself completely. If I can shut down the BSC before it starts, I know I'll have a much better time. TIA!
PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Keep me sane

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Because it is too predictable and he knows you would guess tomorrow? 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Because he likes to tease you.  He isn't going to propose till next year.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_keep-sane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9a52e867-eb9a-4994-ad08-865d39ca1ccbPost:34550118-5b25-4345-a579-8c1b4a4f9542">Re: Keep me sane</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because he likes to tease you.  He isn't going to propose till next year.
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

Oooh yes, because that would be Lucky 7 year anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's just dropping hints to throw you off. He doesn't even have the ring in his possession.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Gosh, must I explain *Sigh* Alright, do you smell horse shiit?? No?? Okay then, there is no engagement pony, which means no engagement! :)

LOL.. Hope i got at least a smile out of you :-P

• Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He just wants to have dinner with you and give you a pretty earring/necklace/bracelet that you'd admired while ring shopping as a special anniversary present. He doesn't want to propose on your anniversary.
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_keep-sane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9a52e867-eb9a-4994-ad08-865d39ca1ccbPost:3591a7c0-e8b2-4ba7-8e51-aa3f60f5b779">Re: Keep me sane</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gosh, must I explain *Sigh* Alright, do you smell horse shiit?? No?? Okay then, there is no engagement pony, which means no engagement! :) LOL.. Hope i got at least a smile out of you :-P
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]
    lol I told BF about the engagement pony. He just tilted his head to the side and looked at me like a dog who doesn't understand. Gawd I love that man!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's already married. His wife would be pissed, especially if your rock is bigger than hers.

Because there's this awesome pet rock that he thought would be the perfect anniversary gift.

The diamond mining turtle had an incident with his chisel and is only working with three good legs. Do you know how long it would take three legged turtle to deliver your diamond all the way from Zimbabwe, let alone mine it?! Don't even get me started on those lolcats who create the settings.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_keep-sane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9a52e867-eb9a-4994-ad08-865d39ca1ccbPost:2819f181-902b-4db6-9185-8ff2743984f2">Re: Keep me sane</a>:
    [QUOTE]He's already married. His wife would be pissed, especially if your rock is bigger than hers. Because there's this awesome pet rock that he thought would be the perfect anniversary gift. <strong>The diamond mining turtle had an incident with his chisel and is only working with three good legs. Do you know how long it would take three legged turtle to deliver your diamond all the way from Zimbabwe, let alone mine it?! Don't even get me started on those lolcats who create the settings.</strong>
    Posted by MLekathLEEN[/QUOTE]

LOVE THIS! hahaha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_keep-sane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9a52e867-eb9a-4994-ad08-865d39ca1ccbPost:2819f181-902b-4db6-9185-8ff2743984f2">Re: Keep me sane</a>:
    [QUOTE]The diamond mining turtle had an incident with his chisel and is only working with three good legs. Do you know how long it would take three legged turtle to deliver your diamond all the way from Zimbabwe, let alone mine it?! Don't even get me started on those lolcats who create the settings.

And the prize goes to...eKath!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_keep-sane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9a52e867-eb9a-4994-ad08-865d39ca1ccbPost:2819f181-902b-4db6-9185-8ff2743984f2">Re: Keep me sane</a>:
    [QUOTE]He's already married. His wife would be pissed, especially if your rock is bigger than hers. Because there's this awesome pet rock that he thought would be the perfect anniversary gift. The diamond mining turtle had an incident with his chisel and is only working with three good legs. Do you know how long it would take three legged turtle to deliver your diamond all the way from Zimbabwe, let alone mine it?! Don't even get me started on those lolcats who create the settings.

Hahahaha. That poor turtle.

Irish, you definitely got a smile :)  But does the dog shiit in our backyard count? No? Okay, no engagement.

Thanks y'all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Because there's this awesome pet rock that he thought would be the perfect anniversary gift.

And you know, I don't even think he's going to give me the pet rock until Tuesday anyway (our actual anniversary), so I have nothing to anticipate for this weekend, duh.
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_keep-sane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9a52e867-eb9a-4994-ad08-865d39ca1ccbPost:ef5873b7-da15-45f7-a0f5-d188987acfed">Re: Keep me sane</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's being forged in Mordor, so the epic journey to pick it up is going to take FOREVER.  Your BF hasn't even picked his Fellowship yet.
    Posted by sunbird627[/QUOTE]

Sunbird FTW!  This would make my day if my BF did this!!!!  :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I specifically asked BF not to propose on a holiday, birthday, ect. because of this. I don't want my anticipation for getting engaged to ruin those special events. You just need to tell yourself over and over again he's going to do it on a random day so that you can add another day to your list of days that have special meaning rather than do it on one where you already have something to celebrate.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_keep-sane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9a52e867-eb9a-4994-ad08-865d39ca1ccbPost:7e6f1bbb-fdcf-4cde-95a9-c6566db9367e">Re: Keep me sane</a>:
    [QUOTE]He's just dropping hints to throw you off. He doesn't even have the ring in his possession.
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]

THIS. BF has already done this to me multiple times! Don't ruin your anniversary by being disappointed if it doesn't happen,
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_keep-sane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9a52e867-eb9a-4994-ad08-865d39ca1ccbPost:ef5873b7-da15-45f7-a0f5-d188987acfed">Re: Keep me sane</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's being forged in Mordor, so the epic journey to pick it up is going to take FOREVER.  Your BF hasn't even picked his Fellowship yet.

Forget BF. When he gets back, jump Aragorn instead.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_keep-sane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9a52e867-eb9a-4994-ad08-865d39ca1ccbPost:2819f181-902b-4db6-9185-8ff2743984f2">Re: Keep me sane</a>:
    [QUOTE]He's already married. His wife would be pissed, especially if your rock is bigger than hers. Because there's this awesome pet rock that he thought would be the perfect anniversary gift. <strong>The diamond mining turtle had an incident with his chisel and is only working with three good legs. Do you know how long it would take three legged turtle to deliver your diamond all the way from Zimbabwe, let alone mine it?! Don't even get me started on those lolcats who create the settings.</strong>

DED
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, a holiday/special day is too easy. He knows you might expect that, so he's not going to do it. He's going to wait until you're totally unaware--like one day when you're stepping out of the shower and you're totally naked, he'll pop into the bathroom with the ring. Smile
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Everyone has given you great reasons on why it's NOT happening this weekend.

It still may be in the back of your mind that it *might* happen.  If that's the case, just try to be in the moment.  I had a good idea that FI was going to propose the night that he did.  I was able to stay in the moment with him and not expect it at any certain point during the night.  I wanted him to do it when *he* wanted to do it.  Because I was able to stay in the moment, I remember every little detail about that night.  I remember the sweet words he said to me.  I am so thankful for that; it is very special to me now.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_keep-sane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:9a52e867-eb9a-4994-ad08-865d39ca1ccbPost:4c821c1e-bb3e-4328-8b73-bbc5c39446a8">Re: Keep me sane</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone has given you great reasons on why it's NOT happening this weekend. It still may be in the back of your mind that it *might* happen.  If that's the case, just try to be in the moment.  I had a good idea that FI was going to propose the night that he did.  I was able to stay in the moment with him and not expect it at any certain point during the night.  I wanted him to do it when *he* wanted to do it.  Because I was able to stay in the moment, I remember every little detail about that night.  I remember the sweet words he said to me.  I am so thankful for that; it is very special to me now.
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, SKP. And congrats again on your engagement!

Thanks everyone - y'all rock!
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think he may have lost the ring...and is dropping hints so you don't figure it out...Hrm??

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    lilphillips14lilphillips14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's getting you a really nice keychain!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Every time you think he is going to propose on your anniversary, God kills a kitten.  So please...save all the little kittens and stop thinking about it!  LOL.

FWIW, I totally thought FI was going to propose on our anniversary last year because we had just gone ring shopping.  He surprised me by doing it sooner, but said that he'd thought about doing it on our anniversary, but that it would have been way too predictable, so he changed his plan.  Chances are if he really wants to surprise you, he's not going to do it on a day you'd expect.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_keep-sane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9a52e867-eb9a-4994-ad08-865d39ca1ccbPost:2057ce51-b2c4-4d9f-82ec-9f121daa4f65">Re: Keep me sane</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep me sane : Forget BF. When he gets back, jump Aragorn instead.
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

I second this!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Posted by MLekathLEEN[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I just spit water out everywhere!</div><div>
    </div><div>I can't think of anything nearly as funny to say so I'll just agree that you need to focus on celebrating your anniversary, and not thinking of what might happen.  Just have a great time!  

</div>
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_keep-sane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:9a52e867-eb9a-4994-ad08-865d39ca1ccbPost:ef5873b7-da15-45f7-a0f5-d188987acfed">Re: Keep me sane</a>:

<div>This is hysterical I had to say.  Everyone else gave really good advice, just enjoy the evening and have fun!!!!!!!</div>

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards