Not Engaged Yet
Options

Anyone Around?

I feel like the board has been super slow the past couple of days. What is everyone up to?

Re: Anyone Around?

• Options
    I'm in the middle of midterms. But reading week is the week after next, which will be a much needed break!

I actually should be studying for Occupational Health and Safety right now, but as I'm sure you can guess from the course title, it's soooo booorrrrrring. Blech.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    I am browsing the r/aww section of Reddit.  Earlier we were trying to figure out the breed of one of the cats we adopted on Thursday.  The shelter said he is part Siamese, but we didn't think that was correct.  Google is telling me he's probably a Ragdoll.

This is Finn:

And this is Cambria:
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    Beads - You are already on midterms? When did your semester start?

• Options
    January 3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Awww I love your kitty Audgie :)

I'm here! I got home from BF's at around 5 and no one will be home until 11:30 or so. I made dinner for myself, cleaned the kitchen, did a bunch of job search/organizational stuff (I have 2 interviews this week, woo!), read all the blogs I follow and now am SO BORED.

I reaeeelly want to watch Season 2 of Buffy but I can't find it for free anywhere online. I'm going to get it at the library tomorrow, but now I'm watching Titanic for the billionth time and drinking knockoff Baileys :)
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    I don't think I've seen Titanic since it first came out.

• Options
    OMG it's one of my all time favorite movies. I'm madly in love with Leonardo DiCaprio and I think Kate Winslet is so fabulous. I like to watch it right up to before the ship hits the iceberg and pretend they end up together, lmao. I'm such a sap.

What are you up to tonight?
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    I'm around. I'm kind of just existing after this past weekend. i have a long week ahead of me. i just got out of class and am waiting for my kfc.
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2012
    I'm in class right now. I'm disappointed that my grad. classes aren't very challenging. I like that I can Knot in class and not feel like I'm behind though!

ETA: I do love Leonardo DiCarprio though. The Man in the Iron Mask is one of my favorite movies, along with Catch Me if You Can.

• Options
    Oh I really like Catch Me if you Can. I love watching White Collar now because it reminds me of that movie.

That stinks that your classes aren't challenging right now - maybe they'll get better next semester? My friend who is in a 1-full-year grad school program now said her 1st summer classes were so boring and easy but then it kicked into gear in the Fall.
  • Options
    I'm really hoping things get harder. My undergrad program was fantastic so I'm glad to know I really was getting my money's worth at that school.

• Options
    You're at a different school now, right?
  • Options
    I'm watching The Voice on Hulu. I was obsessed with it last season.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh I actually was thinking about starting to watch that because I like Christina Aguilera (sp?).
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2012
    Kelly - Yes, only because the school I did my undergrad at didn't have a grad. program. I LOVED my professors there and the atmosphere in general was fantastic.

Desert - I really like the Voice. I haven't watch any of this season yet though. I'm not patient enough to wait a week between each episode so I usually wait until the season is over :)

• Options
    I'm watching movies/tv shows on Netflix. :)
  • Options
    I have so few assignments this semester. I just have one project in each class and no small assignments! It is so weird.

Yay for doing good on your presentation!

• Options
    I'm looking up centerpiece ideas. I SHOULD be cleaning. But this is more fun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm watching tv and drinking tropical drinks to prepare for my trip. I'm not feeling very well so I'm just having a quiet evening on the couch while bf cleans and packs for the trip.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:871a2937-005d-4fcb-bb74-fc19c3196f0a">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking up centerpiece ideas. I SHOULD be cleaning. But this is more fun.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

You don't need to clean, it will just get messy again anyway lol.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:2e0054d7-4fbd-46af-bb23-e9a21a3f7cd4">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hiii!  I'm watching House on the DVR with FI and working on a paper.  I did a presentation tonight in class (it was only the second week of classes!) and I think I did well!  My paper is on my presentation, and came together a lot easier than I expected.  If I submit it tomorrow, it will be handed in two WEEKS early.  I've never ever ever had an assignment done that early.   I have a lot of papers to read and write this semester.  The DVR is going to get filled up quite quickly.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>I can't highlight Housa and bold it on my tablet, so pretend it is.</div><div>
    </div><div>DirecTV has this new (at least to me) channel called Cloo. It's all House and Law and Order. FI and I are addicted.</div>
  • Options
    The Voice is superfun. I like that the coaches help and teach and mentor and it's great to see them kind of pay it forward and see those relationships develop. Plus it's fun to watch Christina and Adam give each other a hard time, to watch Blake be down home hottie, and to watch Cee-Lo be fabulous. It's all around entertaining. :)

• Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Congrats Yaga, that's awesome!

It makes me feel better that everyone else is DVR/Netflix/TVing tonight! :)

One of the many things that suck about job searching is that I always feel like I *should* be job searching or I'm not being productive. There's only so many jobs I can apply for every day though... I can't wait to be hired, this sucks.

ETA: Quilting, where are you going on vacation??
  • Options
    I can't believe they liked the girl that sang Hell On Heels. Especially Blake...wth was he thinking? Her voice was obnoxious. I didnt't even like hearing her speak, let alone sing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:4f6727d5-ffbf-4c4c-a0f9-4aa0221b0ec9">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats Yaga, that's awesome! It makes me feel better that everyone else is DVR/Netflix/TVing tonight! :) <strong>One of the many things that suck about job searching is that I always feel like I *should* be job searching or I'm not being productive. There's only so many jobs I can apply for every day though... I can't wait to be hired, this sucks. </strong>ETA: Quilting, where are you going on vacation??
    Posted by kellyt89[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way! I found a job that I feel like I would be really good at but they want 2 years of experience :( I meet all the other qualifications though. I might apply anyway.

It makes me really nervous/anxious/stressed out not to have a full-time or at least a part-time job with a good amount of hours. Especially since BF and I want to get married next summer. Job = Necessary!

• Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:0023859f-cd71-40c1-a056-cfb4acec5700">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? : I feel the same way! <strong>I found a job that I feel like I would be really good at but they want 2 years of experience </strong>:( I meet all the other qualifications though. I might apply anyway. It makes me really nervous/anxious/stressed out not to have a full-time or at least a part-time job with a good amount of hours. Especially since BF and I want to get married next summer. Job = Necessary!
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

I think you should definitely apply. BF was just telling me that sometimes employers will hire someone even if they don't meet all the "requirements" - they use it as a bargaining tool. I hope he's right!

I was really surprised I got my one voice teaching job because the boss wanted someone with professional performance experience, which I don't have. Sometimes your other qualifications/personality traits will outweigh your experience.
  • Options
    I probably will apply. It can't really hurt. I'm just glad BF has a good job, although he really wants to quit.

• Options
    I can't wait until BF is done with grad school and I have a real, full time job. I just feel like things will be so much better financially and we'll be able to start moving forward with our plans (engagement, living together, etc.).

Of course, BF's student loans are going to be horrible...
  • Options
    I am so glad I have no student loans and BF only has tops 6 or 7 thousand in student loans.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:9777e9a1-96f8-44dd-94bd-ffab1c10b72e">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't believe they liked the girl that sang Hell On Heels. Especially Blake...wth was he thinking? Her voice was obnoxious. I didnt't even like hearing her speak, let alone sing.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>True story. I think Blake has a bit of a handicap in her.</div><div>
    </div><div>I loved the cover of Trouble, and I'm glad he's on Adam's team. I'm a big Ray LaMontagne fan. I always like the gritty voices, but I knew that Juliet girl was going with Cee Lo!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards