Not Engaged Yet
Options

Anyone Around?

2»

Re: Anyone Around?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:6ea6c796-588b-4cbd-82b3-a393e6aac56a">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so glad I have no student loans and BF only has tops 6 or 7 thousand in student loans.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

I have none, and the grad school I want to go to is really inexpensive. BF's undergrad and grad loans are sort of overwhelming when you look at them combined. *sigh* C'est la vie.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:c788888c-53cb-4dbe-bbe3-685d4aa08e42">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? : True story. I think Blake has a bit of a handicap in her. I loved the cover of Trouble, and I'm glad he's on Adam's team. I'm a big Ray LaMontagne fan. I always like the gritty voices, but I knew that Juliet girl was going with Cee Lo!
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

I haven't watched any of this season but based on last season I think Adam really has the best ear for who really has talent.

• Options
    I'm watching The Voice, drinking wine, watching my puppies play, and feeling content that FI and I divvied up the WR task list tonight. Hopefully tonight I'll get a full night's sleep.

I used to like Xtina, but I feel like she's gotten obnoxious on this show.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:2d5b8ffb-bcbd-4a2f-a870-815fb0073e6e">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? : Thanks! This semester is really intense for me, but I'm taking three very important classes - Health Care Policy and Management, Chronic Disease Epidemiology, and Clinical Trials and Experimental Design.  I feel like just taking these classes will make me look like a more qualified candidate for a job. My presentation was in Health Care Policy and was about the individual mandate in the Affordable Care Act.  This is probably the most informative project I've done ever in my academic career.  I really like this class (and my professor's not-so-subtle liberal leanings).
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

Yaga your classes sound really interesting. I always thought about going into a healthcare field, sometimes I wonder why I picked music, lol.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:cf072560-2377-42dd-89a2-5859382c7a74">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? : I have none, and the grad school I want to go to is really inexpensive. BF's undergrad and grad loans are sort of overwhelming when you look at them combined. *sigh* C'est la vie.
    Posted by kellyt89[/QUOTE]

We are praying every day that BF's grad school won't end up costing him very much between grants, scholarships, ect.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:db5a3cee-cf9c-4904-a442-376958cd4a2e">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm watching The Voice, drinking wine, watching my puppies play, and feeling content that FI and I divvied up the WR task list tonight. Hopefully tonight I'll get a full night's sleep. I used to like Xtina, but I feel like she's gotten obnoxious on this show.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

<div>Her boobs are obnoxious. Dude, I've got a pretty full rack, but I avoid the tops that make it look like the girls are in a fist fight. I keep expecting one to pop out gasping for air.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2012
    Yaga, I'd fail every one of those classes, but they sound crazy interesting.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:45017e31-0077-4b7a-b62d-d55c5ad26cb6">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? : I haven't watched any of this season but based on last season I think Adam really has the best ear for who really has talent.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think they all have good ears! I think Adam got lucky that the winner picked him.</div><div>
    </div><div>That said, it does make me a little sad that it's a team competition. I liked more people on other teams than I liked Xtina's team last time around.  </div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I just googled Xtina to see her cleavage - is it true she got her period in the middle of her Etta James tribute?!?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:02673412-9f18-45ec-b91e-6e356fa8e026">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? : Her boobs are obnoxious. Dude, I've got a pretty full rack, but<strong> I avoid the tops that make it look like the girls are in a fist fight. I keep expecting one to pop out gasping for air.</strong>
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

<div>On second thought, maybe I'm just jealous as hell. My boobs in a fight would be like two geeks swinging and missing.</div><div>
    </div><div>PS This show makes me cry all the time. I love seeing people live out their dreams.</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:21dd261d-5784-4218-9b38-88b25baf63a1">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? :<strong> I think they all have good ears! I think Adam got lucky that the winner picked him.</strong> That said, it does make me a little sad that it's a team competition. I liked more people on other teams than I liked Xtina's team last time around.  

I do think they all have good ears. Last season I just liked everyone Adam picked but there were some people the other three picked that I raised an eyebrow at.

• Options
    I'm kind of just existing at the moment. I probably should go to bed, but that surprisingly holds no appeal and BF is currently watching Burn Notice on Netflix. *sigh* It's gonna be a long week
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:4f6727d5-ffbf-4c4c-a0f9-4aa0221b0ec9">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats Yaga, that's awesome! It makes me feel better that everyone else is DVR/Netflix/TVing tonight! :) One of the many things that suck about job searching is that I always feel like I *should* be job searching or I'm not being productive. There's only so many jobs I can apply for every day though... I can't wait to be hired, this sucks. E<strong>TA: Quilting, where are you going on vacation??</strong>

<div>Dominican! So excited!</div><div>
    </div><div>I feel so out of the loop, I've never liked the talent type shows on TV and have no idea what happens on anything like American Idol or The Voice. I have no interest in them really. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:3de01a15-08b6-46f5-9045-56a8eeab954d">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? : Dominican! So excited! I feel so out of the loop, I've never liked the talent type shows on TV and have no idea what happens on anything like American Idol or The Voice. <strong>I have no interest in them really. </strong>
    Posted by QuiltingNurse[/QUOTE]

<div>There's nothing wrong with that... I've wasted a LOT of time watching these shows, and I'm not any better of a singer than I was 10 years ago :)</div>

• Options
    Little known fact about me, I am a TERRIBLE singer, but it's one of my favorite things to do in life. I have a 30 minute commute to work, and I probably sing for 25 of those minutes each way!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:3de01a15-08b6-46f5-9045-56a8eeab954d">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? : Dominican! So excited!
    Posted by QuiltingNurse[/QUOTE]

Oh that sounds awesome! I have a friend who lives there, she says the shopping is awesome.

BF and I drank Mai Tais last night and pretended it was summer :)
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2012
    Yaga - did you end up getting that $300 scholarship?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:ed7f7df4-f6cc-48f2-bec0-bc6d2d0fe83e">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just googled Xtina to see her cleavage - is it true she got her period in the middle of her Etta James tribute?!?

<div>No, it was her spray tan streaking b/c she was nervous and sweaty.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:c87eaee4-df4e-46f2-bb89-1b7a6501dee7">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Little known fact about me, I am a TERRIBLE singer, but it's one of my favorite things to do in life. I have a 30 minute commute to work, and I probably sing for 25 of those minutes each way!
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

<div>I could have written this about myself verbatim. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:e3be077e-a5f8-4389-8240-73118c975d0a">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? : I could have written this about myself verbatim. :)

<div>We should start a really awful band! We could call ourselves 'Dees Knots' (get it?)</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:b2a9208a-b86f-4dbf-949a-1948e170bbe0">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? : No, it was her spray tan streaking b/c she was nervous and sweaty.

Oh good. It didn't really look like blood. I couldn't believe that was the first thing that popped up when I typed in her name!
  • Options
    I started my semester last Monday and have been trying to get used to homework again. Having a month and a half off tends to make me lazy. I start clinicals again tomorrow though!!! I'm hoping they go well.

My blog about my crazy life during nursing school.
    Nursing, School, Life

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:8c5a2e42-4157-4aab-a26f-6f7f2902a1b3">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? : No!  They sent out an email this morning that something malfunctioned last night.  To make things fair, they are waiting until midnight tonight to make it active.  I'm more awake tonight than last night, so I'll make it.  Plus my boss is out this week, and I don't have much to do at work, so I can take my time getting into work tomorrow. <strong>Question - should I go to the Superbowl Parade tomorrow?  In an Eagles jersey?</strong>
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>I'd say yes. Giants fans will be so happy that they won that they probably won't give you too much sh!t. Who knows when your next opportunity to see that will be. </div>

• Options
    This is totally random but I HATE it when people eat in class. I don't want to hear that loud chewing while I'm trying to focus!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:65e46b52-c0f1-4035-9099-68c5b245a2af">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG Beth there was this guy in one of my classes my first semester of grad school.  He came with a full MEAL every week.  It was never something quite and discrete.  It was a hoagie, a bowl of garlic-y pasta with bread he ate so loudly we could all hear it, or whatever.  One time he took a bite of his sandwich (which had a REALLY strong smell to it) right as he had a question.  So he yelled *something* out that no one could understand.  The whole class started laughing hysterically.  I couldn't look in his direction the entire class because I started laughing every time I saw him take another bite.<strong> I usually eat yogurt or string cheese in class.  I always have to eat because my blood sugar will plummet without warning.  </strong>
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

Those wouldn't bother me because it wouldn't be distracting. I think I would have had to murder that guy in your class though.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a362f966-99f7-4a2b-9742-63ddadab7b95Post:93356299-1917-42d5-9fbb-3f8a325de69c">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? : Those wouldn't bother me because it wouldn't be distracting. I think I would have had to murder that guy in your class though.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

<div>One of my friends in my MBA program would bust out tuna or salmon in the middle of class. There'd be three or four of us practically gagging. She'd even do it in a team room (i.e. closed-in space). I never quite understood why she thought it was ok.</div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards