Not Engaged Yet

Does anyone regret getting a mossanite ring?

Hello,
My BF and I own a house together and do not want to break the bank on an e-ring. We have already found a mossanite ring that I fell in love with. We made the rash decision of putting a down payment on it so they can save it for us while we make our final decision. I was just wondering if there way anyone out there that regretted going mossanite and why.

Thanks! 

Re: Does anyone regret getting a mossanite ring?

• I don't have a mossanite ring as I'm not engaged yet but I know quite a few women on here who do and they all LOVE their rings.

• Awesome! Have they had them for a while now. My concern is that it will not hold up over the years.
  • I'm not exactly sure how long they've had them. Sunday can be a slow day on the boards though so if you don't get too many answers today definitely check back tomorrow for more responses.

• Also try posting on the Just Engaged board - I've read several threads with women who have mossanite rings.

• DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    If your concern is it lasting, that should be easily googleable or check directly with your seller about warranties and how long they guarantee the ring. Check if they replace the stones if it falls out or check your home insurance plan and see if it'll be covered (should be once you add it, I think). 

There seemed to be an, i dunno, hesitation in your post about the regret part. Why was putting a payment on it a rash decision? Sounds normal to me. Do you actually want a moissanite, or are you getting it b/c it's economical? If you really want a moissanite then just make sure the seller has a good warranty and do your research on the stone strength. If you are looking for economical choices you can always try a white sapphire as well, or even just a CZ. BF and I have been trying on (a lot) of rings lately and the CZ's they set them with look FREAKING BEAUTIFUL and are an economical choice as well.  

GL!
  • I've had my moissanite for a year and a half. It still looks every bit as good as the day I got it.
  • You will regret it if you're getting it to pretend it's a diamond. It's not a diamond, it is its own stone like a ruby or a sapphire is not a diamond.

I am getting a moissonite ring as my wedding ring because I got an heirloom ring with diamonds instead of the moissonite we talked about and I still want one.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-regret-getting-mossanite-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a550fc0f-87c9-45e1-a248-2f76c0183b01Post:d001d91c-64ac-43a8-9dde-43a0a6e618e7">Re: Does anyone regret getting a mossanite ring?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If your concern is it lasting, that should be easily googleable or check directly with your seller about warranties and how long they guarantee the ring. Check if they replace the stones if it falls out or check your home insurance plan and see if it'll be covered (should be once you add it, I think).  There seemed to be an, i dunno, hesitation in your post about the regret part. Why was putting a payment on it a rash decision? Sounds normal to me. Do you actually want a moissanite, or are you getting it b/c it's economical? If you really want a moissanite then just make sure the seller has a good warranty and do your research on the stone strength. If you are looking for economical choices you can always try a white sapphire as well, or even just a CZ. BF and I have been trying on (a lot) of rings lately and the CZ's they set them with look FREAKING BEAUTIFUL and are an economical choice as well.   GL!
    Posted by DanieKA[/QUOTE]

<div>I guess spending so much money on a ring in general makes me nervous so I just wanted to know if mossanite was as good as I have been reading online. We are for sure getting a two year warranty plan. I do love the way it sparkles! I just knew nothing about the stone until after we put the down payment so just thought I would ask for the opinion of those who may already have it. I feel much more confident that this is the best choice for us and it is a beautiful ring. </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks everyone for your input. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-regret-getting-mossanite-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a550fc0f-87c9-45e1-a248-2f76c0183b01Post:73867053-02f2-4226-91a4-82f7d71da717">Re: Does anyone regret getting a mossanite ring?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've had my moissanite for a year and a half. It still looks every bit as good as the day I got it.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>Awesome! Glad to hear it!!! </div>
  • Eeeeee my phone updated itself and I can suddenly type on theknot forums! So thrilled. Anyway, I researched moissanite rings before, and I think they're about a 9 on the hardness scale while diamonds are a 10. if you're worried about them lasting, I suspect they will. :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -John Wooden
  • Thank you! I did that research as well and was impressed to their quality. I am excited and am sticking to our decision to go mossanite! Thank you everyone for you input! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards