Not Engaged Yet
Options

This is how much I've missed you guys.

I've been out of town since Saturday for a little family time.  I got back yesterday morning to find that our internet has been out for days.  (Suck it, comcast).  So I've been checking in on my phone from time to time, but it's just not the same.

So now...

I'm sitting in McDonalds for free wifi with the sole purpose of hanging out here.

You guys should feel pretty damn special.

Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.

• Options
    I wondered where you were. I missed you, too!
  • Options
    I feel super special :) I've missed you! There is that newish poster whose screen name is ElleB and every time I see her post at first I think it's you, it is really throwing me off.

• Options
    *tackle hugs*

I missed you a lot. 

Hi.  How was your trip?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    **squees** Welcome back!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Awww Leia noticed my absence.  I feel super special now!

And I've noticed the "other Elle" hanging around.  I think we should petition her to change her name?

The trip was great.  I hardly fought with my mom at all.  We got some wedding stuff done (tried on BM dresses with my MOH, shopped for shoes to go with my mom's MOB dress, talked invitations), played tennis, etc.  My mom seems to be making a real effort to support my wedding plans now, instead of making me second guess all of them.  That was better than I can even explain.
  • Options
    Hi Elle! What's new?

• Options
    Oh Elle that is so great :)  I am so happy that it went well :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:7bcb1865-4bf7-4d81-8a6e-2fc82d872f10">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww Leia noticed my absence.  I feel super special now! And I've noticed the "other Elle" hanging around.  I think we should petition her to change her name? The trip was great.  I hardly fought with my mom at all.  We got some wedding stuff done (tried on BM dresses with my MOH, shopped for shoes to go with my mom's MOB dress, talked invitations), played tennis, etc.  <strong>My mom seems to be making a real effort to support my wedding plans now, instead of making me second guess all of them.  </strong>That was better than I can even explain.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

This is so great to hear! I really wish my mom could have been a little more involved with my wedding, but I understand why she couldn't. I'm glad your mom is onboard.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:db25f837-0f50-4a57-a17c-19a631e79d5b">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Elle! What's new?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Not a whole lot.  You?  :)
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:a2f61588-0baf-4512-96c5-bbd2a50f0ba4">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how much I've missed you guys. : This is so great to hear! I really wish my mom could have been a little more involved with my wedding, but I understand why she couldn't. I'm glad your mom is onboard.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's nice.  It's not so much that I wanted her involved in the plans (it's hard when we live 300 miles away from each other and we both live further than that from the wedding location), I just wanted her to stop crapping on all the plans I tell her about.  And she does seem to be trying.

I told her I want my little brother to wear a powder blue "Dumb and Dumber" tux (only sort of kidding) and she thought it was a brilliant idea.

This coming from the same woman who looked horrified when I told her that FI was going to wear a simple black suit instead of a tux.
  • Options
    Oh Elle you're back now I can AW all my wedding things since you're going to be around more often..... hehehe just kidding.  Glad that you got to get a way for a bit and spend time with family and get things done.  II ran ito the same problem with the other Elle poster, when she posted I thought it was you.  So what's the BMxs dresses look like? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:7bcb1865-4bf7-4d81-8a6e-2fc82d872f10">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww Leia noticed my absence.  I feel super special now! And I've noticed the "other Elle" hanging around.  I think we should petition her to change her name? The trip was great.  I hardly fought with my mom at all.  We got some wedding stuff done (tried on BM dresses with my MOH, shopped for shoes to go with my mom's MOB dress, talked invitations), played tennis, etc. <strong> My mom seems to be making a real effort to support my wedding plans now, instead of making me second guess all of them.  That was better than I can even explain.</strong>

YAY! I'm so glad she seems to be finally getting it! How was your the time with your MOH? Did she get the memo that it's time to start being interested in your wedding plans and being supportive???
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:67c6dd58-aa26-47bc-bf39-9b383803267e">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh Elle you're back now I can AW all my wedding things since you're going to be around more often..... hehehe just kidding.  Glad that you got to get a way for a bit and spend time with family and get things done.  II ran ito the same problem with the other Elle poster, when she posted I thought it was you.  So what's the BMxs dresses look like? 
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

Ugh.  Everytime you make a wedding AW I feel more and more like a total slacker.  Your wedding is going to kick my wedding's ass.

I think I'm just going to have my BMs pick any champagne colored dress from David's Bridal.  It's not my favorite option, but everyone lives so far apart that getting them together to decide on something would be pretty much impossible.  I went to David's with Mom and MOH, and we all liked several of the dresses, so I'm okay with making it easy on everyone.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:7bd56443-25da-455b-bc9b-001a52296f7c">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how much I've missed you guys. : YAY! I'm so glad she seems to be finally getting it! How was your the time with your MOH? Did she get the memo that it's time to start being interested in your wedding plans and being supportive???
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we had a great time.  MOH just broke up with her BF, so I was worried that the whole weekend would turn into her pity party, but she seemed grateful for the distraction and I was glad I could give it to her.  We haven't had that much fun together in a long time, actually.
  • Options
    I missed you.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    <3 Peek and Liv!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:0eb826c7-6b59-4134-8ac7-d4af8d491859">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how much I've missed you guys. : Ugh.  Everytime you make a wedding AW I feel more and more like a total slacker.  Your wedding is going to kick my wedding's ass. I think I'm just going to have my BMs pick any champagne colored dress from David's Bridal.  It's not my favorite option, but everyone lives so far apart that getting them together to decide on something would be pretty much impossible.  I went to David's with Mom and MOH, and we all liked several of the dresses, so I'm okay with making it easy on everyone.

Nah... I see our weddings getting drunk and then making out with each other.  :) Cause you know weddings near water are such floozies. 

Well sounds like that's a great option for BMs that live far from each other.  I let my BMs pick their dresses.  One bought from DB and the other found a dress on sale from Nordstrom.  So I'm hoping for a nice array of turquoise.  Ehhh.... BUT I"m gong to find the most hideous shoes and make them buy it and dye them all tangerine orange!  Muahahahaha!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:28d0ad9f-5d55-43be-ab81-dd27f62d12b9">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how much I've missed you guys. : Nah... I see our weddings getting drunk and then making out with each other.  :) <strong>Cause you know weddings near water are such floozies</strong>.  Well sounds like that's a great option for BMs that live far from each other.  I let my BMs pick their dresses.  One bought from DB and the other found a dress on sale from Nordstrom.  So I'm hoping for a nice array of turquoise.  Ehhh.... BUT I"m gong to find the most hideous shoes and make them buy it and dye them all tangerine orange!  Muahahahaha!
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

This is the best thing I've read in a while.

I'll wear bright tangerine shoes under my dress when I crash your wedding.
  • Options
    I see how it is Elle.  Don't even say hi to me. 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:c47b40d7-04ec-48ba-a730-6dd921830dcd">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I see how it is Elle.  Don't even say hi to me. 
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

Hey now.  You said "how was your trip?" and I said "My trip was great!  details blah blah etc"

So I totally acknowledged you.

But hi!  I missed you!  Did you finalize your invitations?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:8d631d0d-f755-47cc-bda2-0d0f9698695d">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how much I've missed you guys. : Hey now.  You said "how was your trip?" and I said "My trip was great!  details blah blah etc" So I totally acknowledged you. But hi!  I missed you!  Did you finalize your invitations?
    <p class="MsoNormal">Oh lol.  Sometimes my dyslexic makes me mis-read things.  Lol sorry.  Still love me even though I am annoying?

I did.  I don't think very many people on here liked what I picked but I like them and I think that is what matters :) (And this is not a slight if you didn't like them girls, it's totally ok :) ) </p> What was your favorite part of your trip?

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:f5232d5e-67d8-4399-b92b-f1b8e44d6e5a">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how much I've missed you guys. : Yeah, we had a great time.  MOH just broke up with her BF, so I was worried that the whole weekend would turn into her pity party, but she seemed grateful for the distraction and I was glad I could give it to her.  We haven't had that much fun together in a long time, actually.

While I am sorry for her breakup, I am glad to hear that you had a good time together. Sounds like it was good timing for you both. I'm a believer that friendships naturally go through periods where you're more close and less close. It sounds hopeful that your friendship is moving into one of those more close times, which could be really great for both of you right now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hi Elle! 

Great news about your mom! I was hoping she'd come around sooner or later. 

And your wedding already kicks ass because it's in Houston. ;) 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:9948748d-21f4-4dd5-b20d-50a56731e23e">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how much I've missed you guys. : Oh lol.  Sometimes my dyslexic makes me mis-read things.  Lol sorry.  Still love me even though I am annoying? I did. <strong> I don't think very many people on here liked what I picked but I like them and I think that is what matters :) </strong>(And this is not a slight if you didn't like them girls, it's totally ok :) ) What was your favorite part of your trip?

You are very right about this.

My favorite part of the trip was probably when MOH and I stopped at Alfred Angelo to look at BM dresses.  The conversation between Salesgirl (SG) and MOH went like this:

SG:  I'll get those styles for you.  What size do you wear?
    MOH:  4
    SG:  (looking skeptical) Like what size are your jeans?
    MOH:  Uhhh...  4.

And then SG came back with a size 6.

I thought it was hilarious and continued to joke about it all day.  Needless to say, though, we left the store pretty quickly.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:fb907964-d1c1-46a5-a5fb-dbc1ce9aab0f">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Elle!  Great news about your mom! I was hoping she'd come around sooner or later.  <strong>And your wedding already kicks ass because it's in Houston.</strong> ;) 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

Damn straight.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:05a0b879-f01f-4bc1-b731-c3bb819a57c0">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how much I've missed you guys. : You are very right about this. My favorite part of the trip was probably when MOH and I stopped at Alfred Angelo to look at BM dresses.  The conversation between Salesgirl (SG) and MOH went like this: SG:  I'll get those styles for you.  What size do you wear? MOH:  4 SG:  (looking skeptical) Like what size are your jeans? MOH:  Uhhh...  4. And then SG came back with a size 6. I thought it was hilarious and continued to joke about it all day.  Needless to say, though, we left the store pretty quickly.
    Wow.  I can't believe some people.  I love it when girls won't believe you know what size you wear (unless you're me because I don't know) but anyways that is just plain rude!  What do you have to lose by bringing the girl a 4??

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:ec07b9b6-eaf5-489a-a37e-b53d99c932dd">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how much I've missed you guys. : Wow.  I can't believe some people.  I love it when girls won't believe you know what size you wear (unless you're me because I don't know) but anyways that is just plain rude!  What do you have to lose by bringing the girl a 4??

Yeah it was pretty ridiculous.  I told MOH she should have been like "well, what size are you because I think I'm like one size smaller".

It did provide a lot of entertainment for the rest of the day, though.  On our way out of the parking lot, my mom hit a bump that shook the car and she said "oh, that was just MOH shifting in her seat".  And then at dinner the waiter warned MOH that her order was "a pretty large portion size" and I was like "oh, she can handle it."  It was funny.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:c15c8436-7c0d-4af5-8cec-cb60484bd7c6">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how much I've missed you guys. : Yeah it was pretty ridiculous.  I told MOH she should have been like "well, what size are you because I think I'm like one size smaller". It did provide a lot of entertainment for the rest of the day, though.  On our way out of the parking lot, my mom hit a bump that shook the car and she said "oh, that was just MOH shifting in her seat".  And then at dinner the waiter warned MOH that her order was "a pretty large portion size" and I was like "oh, she can handle it."  It was funny.
    Lol that is pretty funny :) yay for merriment all day long!

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-is-how-much-ive-missed-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a82ceee1-273e-4864-ab25-714705e4e6c4Post:55d40163-15ca-4e54-8a03-74aa5cc57e1f">Re: This is how much I've missed you guys.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how much I've missed you guys. : Damn straight.

<div>Siriusly, it's going to be amazing. I adore your wedding. </div><div>
    </div><div>/threadjack</div><div>BTW, any mom pointers would be helpful. I've been engaged 3 whole damn days and my mom is already making me and FI feel like absolute sh!t. </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards