Not Engaged Yet
Options

Photobook recs?

Now that our e-pics are actually coming back, we're going to make our guestbook from them (and make a couple of extras for the parents, since they've been begging us for pictures for YEARS).

Anyone want to rec the photobook making site they use the most?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Married Bio
Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
BabyFruit Ticker
Pregnancy Blog

Re: Photobook recs?

• Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used them yet, but I got a rec for Blurb.

I checked out their site and they looked pretty good.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea I'm looking at them and Inkubook.  I'm kinda leaning toward Blurb just because they can do the full image wrap on the cover and I don't think you can with inkubook unless you do a softcover.  I was just hoping if there were others floating around I might hear about them here.  :-)
    Married Bio

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will definitly vouch for Blurb (we used them for the same things Acros - for our parents and for our guestbook).  They are so much better than other sites because you are able to customize every single layout and not be bound by the standard layouts.  And they are very reasonably priced.

Ours turned out wonderful, tons of compliments on the ones we gave our parents, aside from the compliments of Oceana's awesome photography.  Cool
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
  • Options
    MeganFaceMeganFace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems like you have some good recs already, but I was going to say that if you have a Mac, that iPhoto has some awesome photobook making tools!
  • Options
    AngelaOct11AngelaOct11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been very happy with the things I have gotten from Shutterfly.  I am currently uploading my wedding pictures to make a book.  Right now they have their photo books 20% off and if you order by February 2nd you get free shipping. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recently made a Blurb book of my cousin's engagement photos as a Christmas gift, and it turned out beautiful. I've done some other photo books for people (e.g. various family members all took photos of my grandfather's farm property throughout the year, and compiled a photography book for him) and they've all turned out fantastic.

My recommendation - choose the basic black page formatting - it will make your photos really pop off the page and it looks professional. You can have people sign the pages with white or silver marker pens, or you can create white squares to have people write in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just as a follow up, I ended up using Blurb for the photo-guestbook, because I really really wanted the full imagewrap cover, and then I used Inkubook for the parents' albums, because they didn't care so much about the cover and I had 30% off for Valentine's Day orders.  :-)

Here's a link to a preview of the Blurb book for anyone interested.  It's not the whole book, but maybe the first half or so.  http://www.blurb.com/books/1164457

Thanks again for the recs!
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards