Not Engaged Yet
Options

Our Very Own NEY Weight Loss "Keychain"

So Liv and I were talking about WW earlier and how awesome the keychains are that you get from Weight Watchers when you actually attend the meetings. 

So here are some questions for you-

What weight loss accomplishments do you think should be celebrated?

What charms should represent those different accomplishments?

If we made a picture/badge of sorts with these "charms"- would you want to proudly display it in your siggy?

Would this be motivating for you?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Our Very Own NEY Weight Loss "Keychain"

• Options
    lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know that WW did that! Its a very cool idea.

I would totally post a badge in my siggy, esp if it helps keep me accountable. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What weight loss accomplishments do you think should be celebrated?

This is coming from my perspective because my body tends to fluctuate a lot. I'd say for me, 10 lbs is the first sign of real progress. I can gain 5 lbs in 2 days and lose those same 5 in 2 or 3 days. So something like a 5 pound loss doesn't really mean progress yet. But I know some smaller women where losing 5 pounds is a monthlong, gym 5 days a week, exact calorie counting struggle. 

So basically, every 10 pounds a charm or badge. Or maybe 5 pounds a badge, 10 pounds a charm.

What charms should represent those different accomplishments?

No idea. Sorry:)

If we made a picture/badge of sorts with these "charms"- would you want to proudly display it in your siggy?

I'd totally display  it proudly!

Would this be motivating for you?

I dunno. It'd definitely be fun, though!
  • Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_very-own-ney-weight-loss-keychain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:adba2ffe-866f-4b7e-914d-86a874058b39Post:bc17cb71-e1fd-4f2a-8e78-289dbc64001e">Re: Our Very Own NEY Weight Loss "Keychain"</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK I sooooo want one of those. Why don't they have meetings at convenient times/locations in my area?!!?!? WHY!!?!?!?! *Shakes fist at sky* I don't know what accomplishments are celebrated by WW officially, but at this point I want a token for every pound! Ha, just kidding. I think that the first 10 lbs should be celebrated...maybe every 10 lbs. 5% goal. Big goals like 25, 50, 75, 100. <strong>Maybe fitness-related tokens? Like, if you do a 5k or...something. </strong>And I think you should get a big ol' honkin' one for reaching your goal weight. I'm talking a bedazzled honker. I would display in my siggy!
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

<div>I LOVE THIS IDEA! Though it might be because I'm running a 10K on the 4th! And by running I mean "barely making it through, huffing and puffing, not quitting because I want my 'free' t-shirt, crawling across the finish line," kind of running. Go Peachtree Road Race! </div>
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So the ones at WW are as follows:
    5%-sticker
    10%- Keychain
    Attendance of 16 meetings- Clapping hands charm
    25 pounds- bronze disc
    50 pounds- silver disc
    75 pounds- gold disc
    100 pounds- platnium disc
    goal weight- key charm
    lifetime membership- star charm

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I would totally display the badges in my siggy, I think that's a great idea! I like the idea of having scale-related and non-scale-related badges. No idea what they should look like though. I'll re-post if I think of something.

Side note - There is a group of ladies at my Sat. am meeting who have all purchased a Pandora bracelet, and the first charm they bought was a pig. For every accomplishment (I'm not sure what they have chosen for themselves) they buy a new charm for their bracelets. It's a neat way to have a constant reminder right there all the time without anyone else having to know what the charms are for. :)
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards