Not Engaged Yet
Options

Phone Interview Today!!!

.........in 20 minutes, actually. I feel like I'm going to throw up. I am so nervous. I hate phone interviews. The last one I had happened so fast that I didn't have time to process it or worry over it. This one I've known about for days and I've been pulling my hair out. Meeeehhhhh!!! 

Wish me luck, good thoughts, T&P, fairy dust...all that good stuff!! 

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg

Re: Phone Interview Today!!!

• Options
    Good luck! You will do awesome!

Be sure to come back and tell us how you think it went!

• Options
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine :)

(And hopefully this doesn't double-post, since the first time I added it the system wiped it out and gave me an error message)
  • Options
    Good luck Bside! Just take your time and breath!
  • Options
    Good luck!!!!!
  • Options
    Good Luck, B! <3 Vibes coming your way! <3 
  • Options
    Good luck! Crossing everything for you!!
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    Vibes!
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    Well the interview lasted about 20 minutes. The lady said I was a "delight" to speak to! She also said she got a "scary number" of resumes and it might take awhile for her to get back to me regarding an in-person interview, but they are looking to hire as soon as possible. 

I'm my harshest critic, I always think I could have done better, but FI was listening from the bedroom and he said I answered everything well and he could hear the confidence in my voice. He took me out to breakfast to celebrate a job well done. I kept going over and over the interview in my head, and I don't think I would have answered anything differently, nor did I leave anything out. 

The radio station is jazz, and when she asked me if I honestly liked jazz, I said, "I don't dislike it. I appreciate it. I wouldn't turn it off." She said that was a very "diplomatic" answer, and told me that even if I had said I didn't like jazz at all, it wouldn't have affected me negatively. She said that she has plenty of employees who are very vocal about their dislike of jazz.

The worst part was when she asked me about my previous job and she said, "Do you think that by letting you go, it was the right decision?" (or something like that). That really threw me for a loop but I answered that I believed you had to be happy and enjoy what you do, and by being let go, it freed me to persue a career I had genuine interest in. She praised me on being positive.

She also noticed that it was unusual for someone my age to be so interested in radio, so we discussed what got me interested in it, how I started, what I liked to do and how much experience I've had. I think that she liked that I have that much enthusiasm and knowledge. She asked me what I did to earn my Communications degree. I said, "While radio is a passion of mine, I knew it was a very competative field, so I prepared myself for other options. Other than radio, I studied journalism, media law, film, theater and public relations." I wanted to show her that I was a well-rounded person. I think she liked that answer too.

I'm really, really nervous and I know I'm going to be a wreck for awhile!!!!! 

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear it went well I will keep my fingers crossed and send fairy dust your way!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards