Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday Accountability

I have REALLY slacked off.  Slacked off so badly that I'm embarrassed to admit it.  But I'm going to: I had pizza for dinner Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday. There. I said it. Moving on.

I'm starting to really dislike the person I see in the mirror each day because of the bad decisions I'm making. I know they're wrong before I make them & after but for some reason I just keep doing it. 

So I'm going to try an accountability thread and see if it helps.  At the very least it'll keep me honest.  Please join in if you want!!

Breakfast
2 Coffees with 2 Splendas & skim (2)
Fiber One (original) cereal with skim & sliced bananas (5)

Snack
Gala apple (my first ever?)

Lunch
Lean Cuisine: Pasta Romano with Bacon (7)

Dinner
Leftover Turkey Chili Taco Soup (from SkinnyTaste) (5)

That only brings me up to 19 points if I were still doing WW but I feel like the foods I'm eating are giving me plenty of nutrients & they're good choices so as long as I'm not starving at any point I think that's ok? 

Re: Tuesday Accountability

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been horrible! I was in Montana most of last week for work - the state of beef and potatoes. Needless to say I was not able to find a vegetable anywhere that didn't come from a can. Here's my plan for today:

Breakfast
    0% Greek Yogurt and Strawberries
    Snack
    Adkins Protein Bar
    Lunch
    Cherry Tomatoes & Mozzarella
    Slice of Ham
    Dinner
    Leftover Homemade stir fry
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll join!

yesterday, I didn't do so well in the food department (at lunch, the rest of the day was on track!), but I'm actually okay with that.  it was worth it!  but today is a new day, so I'm starting fresh.

Breakfast (TOTAL = 320 cal)
    1 scrambled egg (~90 cal)
    1 small glass cranberry juice (~80 cal)
    1 banana pumpkin pecan choc chunk muffin (from skinnytaste!) (~150 cal)

Lunch (TOTAL = 440 cal)
    1 SkinnyTaste Asian Glazed Drumstick (with orange peel) (180 cal)
    3/4 c. jasmine rice (160 cal)
    roasted broccoli (100 cal)

Dinner (TOTAL = not calculated yet)
    Roasted veggies (brussel sprouts, red potatoes, squash, zucchini, onion)
    Marinara sauce
    2 oz. spaghetti noodles
    2-4 meatballs

Snacks (TOTAL = ): Choose 2
    1 muffin (150 cal)
    Yogurt (140 cal)
    XS Banana (~90 cal)
    Ambrosia apple (~80 cal)

RDR - I haven't had the turkey chili yet...  how do you like it?

also, I'm looking for a white bean and chicken chili recipe.  I tried Giada de Laurentiis (sp?) recipe but did not like it.  DH and I don't like fennel seeds, so now I have a whole bottle I'm going to trash.  does anyone want them??? 
    I'm looking for a recipe that is more like a soup than a chili...  kind of like a posole?  if you have one, please share!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wholly guacamole RDR - You're hawt! Look at your new siggy pic!! I'm gonna now vote that your pizza binge be completely forgiven. Smile
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Coco -- It's one of my favorite recipes from that website!! it's so easy & quick to make & it's delicious!!  My only complaint is my own fault, I wish I had gotten the mild can of Rotel tomatoes with chilies, the regular makes the soup too spicy for me, my nose was running like crazy last night LOL

Allusive -- That picture is old actually, it's from summer 2010!!  It's my "inspiration" pic, what I want to get back to. It's when I was actually doing great on WW & was super close to my ultimate goal weight. THANK YOU THOUGH!!!

• Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been bad about getting to the gym...  but I think that's because I've hit the HOLY FRUITCAKE part of the semester.

Today's plan:

Breakfast:
    Skinny bagel w/ whipped cream cheese

Snack:
    light yogurt (with splenda!) = 80 calories

Lunch:

Peanut butter and jelly w/ banana & carrots. (Out of frozen meals!)

Dinner:

Yes, I'm being bad, but plans are plans:  dinner at a mexican restaurant with margaritas.  Yum.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how the WW points work, but I've made this white chicken chili before (with just chicken and white beans, no avacado, cheese or anything extra).  Other than the sodium I thought it was pretty good for you, and it was very easy and tasty.

PRODUCT INGREDIENTS
    MODIFIED CORN STARCH, ONION, ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (FLOUR, NIACIN,REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, AND FOLIC ACID), SALT, SPICES (INCLUDING RED PEPPER), GARLIC, CHILI PEPPERS, SUGAR, YEAST EXTRACT, CHICKEN BROTH, CITRIC ACID, CHICKEN FAT, SOY SAUCE (SOYBEANS, WHEAT, AND SALT), AND NATURAL FLAVOR.
    1 tbsp. dry mix

Servings per Container: 4.

1.25 ounces, UPC 5210000780

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
    Calories:30 Fat:0.5 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Protein: 0 g Sodium: 450 mg Carbohydrates: 5 g

Sugar: 1 g

Fiber: 0 g
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    Cunning -- I want your dinner. I'm obsessed with Mexican!!!!

Dwest -- What all do you mix with the packet?? Just chicken & white beans?? Sounds so easy!! 

Coco -- SkinnyTaste is my go to recipe website & I just found this on there (CLICKY). It's a white bean turkey recipe but I don't see why you can't replace the turkey with chicken instead. 

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could have written this post. I did awesome yesterday until I decided to reward myself with chocolate (which fit into my calories), but the pretzels that I dipped into the melted chocolate did not fit. And I ate a lot!

Breakfast: 244 calories
    Glass of milk
    1 Tbsp sugar free chocolate syrup
    Piece of toast
    1 Tbsp peanut butter

Lunch: 265 calories
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    glass of milk
    1 tbsp. sugar free chocolate syrup

Mid-day snack: 255 calories
    4 oz. chicken
    piece of toast
    1/2 cup kidney beans

Dinner: 500-600 calories
    undecided

Snack: 176 calories
    medium apple
    1 tbsp peanut butter

That'll put me around 1450 - 1550 calories. I'll do an Insanity video and burn off probably 300 calories.

ETA: I have an addiction to chocolate milk, so I buy sugar free syrup, lol. I may have a couple pieces of chocolate later too. I usually allow myself up to 1600 calories (when I'm being good) if I do a workout that burns off 300 calories or more.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    rdr - SkinnyTaste is also my go-to website!  DH loves it.  I read through that recipe the other day, but it's just not quite what I'm looking for.  I'm being picky!  maybe if I leave out the cumin and chile powder, or just really reduce it, it might work.  I'll have to see.

dwest - I haven't ever seen those...  I will look for it at the store!  I wonder if it's regional?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    elannis - where do you get your veggies, girl??  :)  what workouts are you on right now, I can't remember...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made this asparagus pasta from skinny taste yesterday. (CLICKY) It's really easy, and I love it. I've made it several times... but I think I add more cheese. I'm a cheese fiend.  That and their spinach lasagna rolls...
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b2bfdd4e-9aa8-4d1a-8055-5b880f6cdb98Post:9aa16401-e92a-4d8a-99f6-079253e6d8ca">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]elannis - where do you get your veggies, girl??  :)  what workouts are you on right now, I can't remember...
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

Haha, we're a little low on groceries right now, so I'm using what we've got. I will probably have squash for dinner. Sometimes I'll do green beans or something similar for lunch too, but we're out of quite a bit. I need to get to the store!

ETA: Oops, forgot your other question. I am done with Insanity and am starting a new hybrid workout schedule that includes running, Insanity, and P90x. I modified it a few times, so I started that back up yesterday. I'm finally done with overtime, so I feel like I have a bit more energy.
    -Ely

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @RDR:  me too.  And it's 99 cent margarita night. I must limit myself. I have soooo much homework to do.  I'm at the panicky stage.  That chili looks great!  Can you taste the sour cream?  My boyfriend does NOT like sour cream... but he likes chili... maybe I could trick him?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I finally went last night.

we got one of these: Sunflower Market.

I'm not sure how I LIVED before finding Sunflower!  their produce is EXCELLENT, and cheap!  seriously, I get all of our meat and produce there for a little more than half what I was paying at the normal store.  plus, you get 10 cents back for every bag of your own that you use, instead of their paper ones.  so I usually get back 30-50 cents!  nice!!

anyway, last night I loaded up on veggies because we were out.  I'm pretty excited...  plus, I bought some cranberries to make SkinnyTaste's new cranberry pear sauce and some Granny Smith apples to make an apple crisp/tart/pie.  YUM.

do you have one near you?  if you go on Wednesdays, their ad price reductions double.  so if asparagus is $0.98 off, you would double it to $1.96 off.  NICE!
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b2bfdd4e-9aa8-4d1a-8055-5b880f6cdb98Post:69007f6d-9c55-41b9-bc75-9ac8b1b50902">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]I finally went last night. we got one of these: Sunflower Market . I'm not sure how I LIVED before finding Sunflower!  their produce is EXCELLENT, and cheap!  seriously, I get all of our meat and produce there for a little more than half what I was paying at the normal store.  plus, you get 10 cents back for every bag of your own that you use, instead of their paper ones.  so I usually get back 30-50 cents!  nice!! anyway, last night I loaded up on veggies because we were out.  I'm pretty excited...  plus, I bought some cranberries to make SkinnyTaste's new cranberry pear sauce and some Granny Smith apples to make an apple crisp/tart/pie.  YUM. do you have one near you?  if you go on Wednesdays, their ad price reductions double.  so if asparagus is $0.98 off, you would double it to $1.96 off.  NICE!

That sounds awesome, but the closest one is about 4 states away, lol. Maybe I can look around here and find something similar though. I think we're all out of meat too. I've been slacking off in all areas. Wedding planning has taken all of my attention, lol. We've got all of the time sensitive items booked so far though, so I should probably get back into grocery shopping and cleaning the apartment now, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b2bfdd4e-9aa8-4d1a-8055-5b880f6cdb98Post:edd3b6c1-dd3f-41b8-8ac1-d51b045bc714">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cunning -- I want your dinner. I'm obsessed with Mexican!!!! <strong>Dwest -- What all do you mix with the packet?? Just chicken & white beans?? Sounds so easy!!  </strong>Coco -- SkinnyTaste is my go to recipe website & I just found this on there ( CLICKY ). It's a white bean turkey recipe but I don't see why you can't replace the turkey with chicken instead. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Yep, I cooked the chicken then put it in the crockpot on low with the mix, however much water it called for and some beans...that was it.  Super easy and good.  I took it to a chili cook off last year because myself and a couple co-workers were trying to eat healthier (I was planning a wedding at the time) I hardly got any because all the big burly guys who weren't eating healthy chowed on it too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I've decided. I need to make some chili. It's sounding too good right now, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b2bfdd4e-9aa8-4d1a-8055-5b880f6cdb98Post:837606a0-23b9-4092-8305-fe838784cc56">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]rdr - SkinnyTaste is also my go-to website!  DH loves it.  I read through that recipe the other day, but it's just not quite what I'm looking for.  I'm being picky!  maybe if I leave out the cumin and chile powder, or just really reduce it, it might work.  I'll have to see. dwest - I haven't ever seen those...  I will look for it at the store!  I wonder if it's regional?

Hmmm, they have a ton or seasoning packets for different things...roasts, soups, chilis, etc.  I shop at Kroger, but I'd think that most palces would have them.  In my store they are in the same aisle as mac n' cheese and skillet meals like hamburger helper, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b2bfdd4e-9aa8-4d1a-8055-5b880f6cdb98Post:a3d167ec-4466-4e98-b86f-499115388e94">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]@RDR:  me too.  And it's 99 cent margarita night. I must limit myself. I have soooo much homework to do.  I'm at the panicky stage. <strong> That chili looks great!  Can you taste the sour cream?  My boyfriend does NOT like sour cream... but he likes chili... maybe I could trick him?
    </strong>Posted by becunning2[/QUOTE]

If you're asking about the white chicken chili I posted, I didn't add sour cream, cheese or avacado and everyone loved it, I suppose you could add it in after you put your serving into bowls if you wanted though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b2bfdd4e-9aa8-4d1a-8055-5b880f6cdb98Post:8f7a2232-87e6-4d01-88e9-e11e5faa51b6">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll play. Breakfast Slimfast 1-2-3 protein shake (5) Apple with cinnamon (0) 2 cups coffee, black (0) Snack Banana (0) Lunch Slimfast 1-2-3- protein shake (5) Salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, black beans, and cheese, drizzled with balsamic vinegar (3) Dinner BF's homemade chili (10) Glass of red wine (4) TV snack 100 calorie kettle corn (3) Total: 30 points, which is 8 points less than my daily points allowance...to make up for yesterday when I was 8 points over in wine. :) 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

What do you think of the Slimfast shakes? I've thought about doing something like that for when I don't have time to make my own shake, but haven't ever tried them. Are they filling? Do they taste chalky or anything?

Haha, I definitely understand how wine can add up the points quickly. I wish wine was free in points like fruit. It's made from grapes after all, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    meamollymeamolly member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Breakfast
    Cinnamon Bun bar
    Banana
    three gram squares
    Greek yogurt with strawberries

Lunch
    roasted veggie pizza
    apple
    cheese stick
    1 and half cups mixed veggies cooked with olive oil

snack
    half a cup imitation crab
    kiwi

dinner
    turkey medallions with gravy sauce and broccoli
    1 and half cup mixed veggie with potato wedges in olive oil
    strawberries with a little cool whip free

snack
    chocolate bar

This all puts me around 2000 calories and I am totaly full the entire day
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b2bfdd4e-9aa8-4d1a-8055-5b880f6cdb98Post:94fec8aa-0572-48cd-9d74-ab5029002859">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Accountability : I actually really like them. They are super good if you add ice to the milk and powder and blend it, but I rarely do that because I am too lazy. I think they are pretty filling because they are high in protein, and at just 5 pts it's a great meal alternative when paired with no-point fruit or veggies. I like the vanilla flavor better than the chocolate, and haven't tried any others because they don't carry them at our grocery store.  I hate that wine adds up to so much. I love me some wine! 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'll give them a try. I think I'd go for the vanilla too. You can add more to it that way, like frozen fruit maybe. I'd have to try it with nothing added first though to see what it's like, lol.

I have been known to save points specifically for wine. I have a bad habit of eating everything in sight when I have wine though. It just seems to put me in a happy mood where I am not concerned about anything at all, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was pretty good this weekend since we stayed in both nights lol but Sunday night were very bad... I baked a dozen chocolate chips cookies and I ate 5 and had some ice cream. Sealed I need to get back in the gym. I was bad last week.

Today I will be better! (until dinner)

Breakfast:
    Double Chocolate Chip Vitatop (100 Cal)
    Green Tea
    Banana

Lunch:
    Undecided Lean Cuisine (270-310 Cal)

Snack:
    Dark Chocolate Granola Bars (180 cal)

Dinner:
    ShoGun Japanese Steak house for sister's 11th bday.
    I'll get the fillet, scallops dinner served with fried rice, veggies, salad and miso soup. (i'll try not to eat too much rice)

Ely, have you ever tried Ovaltine? It is very tasty and and low in calories. With the vitamins and minerals BF and I drink chocolate milk without worrying at all.

Cunning where are you going for Mexican?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    By the way, I decided to add a run to my workout today and it has been WAY too long. I just went for a mile run on my 15 minute break and now I'm wheezing, lol. My lungs have gotten weak thanks to my lazy butt refusing to get up and get outside! That's 125 calories burned though!
    -Ely

• Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    edited December 2011
    I just had to say that I made chili yesterday in the crockpot. Mmmmmm!

That chili from skinnytaste is soo so good. Seriously one of my favorites from the site. And the asian glaze chicken. NUM.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b2bfdd4e-9aa8-4d1a-8055-5b880f6cdb98Post:b4a9e9fd-c478-4b44-a841-46d8d4fa6da5">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]By the way, I decided to add a run to my workout today and it has been WAY too long. I just went for a mile run on my 15 minute break and now I'm wheezing, lol. My lungs have gotten weak thanks to my lazy butt refusing to get up and get outside! That's 125 calories burned though!
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]

<div>I keep telling myself I'm going to start the C25K program again but then I get home & change into sweats & get on my couch.  I have no motivation at all after work & I hate it!</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm impressed by your mile run Ely!!!</div>

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b2bfdd4e-9aa8-4d1a-8055-5b880f6cdb98Post:77d8ae97-2f86-4154-8e58-f883f41034ac">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ely, have you ever tried Ovaltine? It is very tasty and and low in calories. With the vitamins and minerals BF and I drink chocolate milk without worrying at all. Cunning where are you going for Mexican?
    Posted by CCO2012[/QUOTE]

I see that we both have a liking to chocolate, lol. I gotta have chocolate in some way at least once every other day, lol.

I have tried Ovaltine. I had a very bad accident in college where I somehow catapaulted Ovaltine across the room and got it all over my bed, the floor, my phone, my iPod AND my computer, lol. I forgot all about it until now though, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't normally post in these threads, but I saw Coco's request for a white chicken chili. . . and I have a favorite that is sooooo good! It is a chili/stew hybrid. 

I use potatoes instead of yucca because I can never find it. I also use the whole rotisserie chicken and skip the cilantro because H doesn't like it. It is fast and easy to make too. I can't say enough good things about it. 
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b2bfdd4e-9aa8-4d1a-8055-5b880f6cdb98Post:7bc6c7fc-a51b-4b7d-b3b1-e6cfe9563b05">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had to say that I made chili yesterday in the crockpot. Mmmmmm! That chili from skinnytaste is soo so good. Seriously one of my favorites from the site. And the asian glaze chicken. NUM.
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]

I have to go grocery shopping anyways, so I might as well just go ahead and copy down that recipe and make it and join all of you chili people, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tuesday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b2bfdd4e-9aa8-4d1a-8055-5b880f6cdb98Post:7bc6c7fc-a51b-4b7d-b3b1-e6cfe9563b05">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had to say that I made chili yesterday in the crockpot. Mmmmmm! That chili from skinnytaste is soo so good. Seriously one of my favorites from the site. And the<strong> asian glaze chicken</strong>. NUM.
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]

I made this last night, and added orange peel with the ginger.  YOU HAVEN'T LIVED UNTIL YOU'VE ADDED THE ORANGE PEEL!!

the caps were necessary.  I literally licked the glaze from my plate with NO SHAME.

and there are leftovers for lunch.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards